what else was in todays update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

patch notes only say something to do with the birthday blaster and yet the client says it is downloading more than 500 files…. whats up with that?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Patch notes haven’t been fully updated.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The part about the birthday blaster was it scaling low level chars to a high level of power with the buffs, in WvW. Apparently this was quickly found out and low level chars were able to take down full level 80s.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So they fix the problem with the blaster, but still leave what I believe is the majority of players with a useless non stacking with older up to level 20 scrolls.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

So they fix the problem with the blaster, but still leave what I believe is the majority of players with a useless non stacking with older up to level 20 scrolls.

How is it useless? Create a new character.. instant level 20. Brilliant. Non-stacking? oh no, another slot taken. Delete it if you want.

I’d think something like the ability to finish Personal Story would be a higher priority.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

How is it useless? Create a new character.. instant level 20. Brilliant. Non-stacking? oh no, another slot taken. Delete it if you want.

I’d think something like the ability to finish Personal Story would be a higher priority.

If you have after 2 years of playing Guild Wars characters under lvl 20 then you are doing something WRONG!

btw I have ~ 13 scrolls (but I got 1st b-day present multiple times with some of my chars)

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

If you have after 2 years of playing Guild Wars characters under lvl 20 then you are doing something WRONG!

btw I have ~ 13 scrolls (but I got 1st b-day present multiple times with some of my chars)

You heard it hear first ladies and gentlemen! Creating a new character after 2 years is WRONG!

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Are you kidding me? If anything you should have more characters, making more builds and more diversity. You can create a new character at any time regardless if you were playing 2 years ago or 2 weeks ago.

I have 9 characters, 5 at level 80 and created my most recent only this week, plus 9 experience scrolls in the bank and I still don’t see why you would be whining about something so minor.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

patch notes only say something to do with the birthday blaster and yet the client says it is downloading more than 500 files…. whats up with that?

All i can say is that i 100% expected that patch after i read what the buff did to
level 2 characters in WvW.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So your answer is to spend more money to buy a character slot to have another one sitting at 20 that I won’t play? Brilliant idea. Do you work for ANet? As for deleting things, I don’t do that as they may be useful at some point. But thank you for telling me what I should do with my life and money.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Goatjugsoup.8637

So your answer is to spend more money to buy a character slot to have another one sitting at 20 that I won’t play? Brilliant idea. Do you work for ANet? As for deleting things, I don’t do that as they may be useful at some point. But thank you for telling me what I should do with my life and money.

I feel like you are hijacking my topic with your birthday present hate when it is just as easy to make your own and if you phrase it constructively they might even take what you have to say in to consideration.

Back to the topic at hand does anyone know what all those files being updated were about? Was it really all just regarding the birthday blaster fix or is there something else going on (think stealth content additions for positive or stealth nerfs for negative examples)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A lot of program execution files have to be redownloaded with every single update no matter the size or purpose of the update, this accounts for the remainder of the files.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They also fixed Ossuary of Unquiet Dead, so that might have contributed to the file count.

And yes, some of us do create new characters…2 in the past two weeks, here. I find it puzzling to think we are expected to keep a static number of only those created at launch or soon thereafter. smh

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think you will find that different people enjoy the game in different ways than yourself. When it comes to fun you might want to consider that it is not wrong for someone to play the game, enjoy it even, in a manner that suits them.

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

The exploit in the Jade Maw Fractal was also fixed. The mobs no longer leave, when the first two tentacles are killed.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I have noticed many times that bugs I reported have been fixed with a patch, and no patch notes related to bug fixes were included. Perhaps bug fixes were part of the update.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The exploit in the Jade Maw Fractal was also fixed. The mobs no longer leave, when the first two tentacles are killed.

That only happens at level 50 and it has been there for several months now.

Goatjugsoup.8637

interesting info guys thanks, wish it was in the patch notes or even the wiki notes, quite like reading those kinds of changes

A lot of program execution files have to be redownloaded with every single update no matter the size or purpose of the update, this accounts for the remainder of the files.

huh why is that?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

interesting info guys thanks, wish it was in the patch notes or even the wiki notes, quite like reading those kinds of changes

huh why is that?

The technical answer: it’s because the game has 8 encrypted content files that average ~8mb each. Every time something content related is changed, they all have to be re-packed and re-encrypted. It averages 48mb because of compression used in downloading.

Gleaned from the Wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Game_updates

Goatjugsoup.8637

cool thanks for that