what happened to karma?!

what happened to karma?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

ok, I’m apparently a bit slow on the upkeep here, but when the kitten did karma get nerfed???? trying to farm DS and EotM for karma for obi shards, and all I see pop is less then 400 from any event. And to top it all off, no more karma boosters or communal bonfires!? WHAT THE KITTEN ANET?!

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Karma did get nerfed in EotM, but events still generate as much of it as they always have. That being said, there are far more productive ways to farm for obi.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Try the Bloodstone Fen map. You can buy them for 100 Unbound Magic from the vendor there. Easiest way to farm them imo.

Oh that’s if you have HOT of course. Sorry I assumed you did since you said you were trying to farm DS which I took to meaning Dragon Stand, my bad.

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

As someone who primarily plays wvw, I have more karma than I could ever spend, after buying hundreds of obsidian shards.

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

IMO the best way to farm obi shards is chest farming in Silverwastes, sometimes you get up to 10 at a time.

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If you have Bandit Crests to buy Bandit Skeleton Keys, hop in a choo choo chest train in Silverwastes, if you don’t have HoT, and you will have a stack of obsidian shards in no time.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: ZombieLeach.5862

ZombieLeach.5862

Karma Boosters are still a level 38 level up reward. So, you could farm them I guess.

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

there is also a karma guild buff in your guild hall (assuming you have HoT, are in a guild and it has unlocked this upgrade).

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

what happened to karma?!

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Verdant Brink! Obi costs airship parts + karma, but, the karma cost for 10 Obi in VB is slightly cheaper than it is for 10 Obi in Straights of Devastation, and airship parts are so easy to come by.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination