what is in the expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

Hello, I started this topic to speculate about how ANet could introduce the expansion. Based on a few things stated and the nature of the game.

Background: So in guild wars 1 we had 2 stand alone campaigns and 1 expansion. So the problem was that if you didn’t have the other campaigns then you couldn’t play with some people, do some missions, and travel to some places. So the player base was fragmented.
The campaigns we nice because they added new professions and skills along with the all the story and new maps. The dual profession skill combinations got really wild and balance was an issue.

So we want to avoid fragmenting the player base and don’t want to add so many skills that balance is hard to maintain.

Currently (spoiler) Zhaitan is dead. I killed him. I killed him while “Destinys Edge” stood there and watched. “Hey, can I get a res… No? You are just going to let me die.. thanks.” Just between you and me….I am the hero of Sheamoor. So anyway, to try to weave an expansion story into the death of Zhaitan doesn’t fit well. We have to have people with the expansion and those without it playing in the same area at the same time.

How do we get Tengu or Kodan (taken for granted that they will be a playable race) walking around Lions Arch without them concerned about Zhaitan?

How do you get the humans, charr, asura, Norn, sylvari into “the birds nest” (Tengu city name) or “the chilly iceberg of reflection” (Kodan city name)?

Answer. The tengu and kodan are getting ready to fight some other dragon/monster bad guy thing, so they don’t care so much about zhaitan, which I have already killed. Hero of sheamoor, all day hero of Shea…moor.. and they cities are gated. If you don’t have the expansion you can not get into that area. The Dominion of DS9. I mean winds, big gate big gate, chilly iceberg.. isolated.

But you say. Elona… Cantha… Come on…

Cantha isn’t even on the map, elona boarders the crystal desert. But shouldn’t we open up the map we got before we start on another continent?

So… Expansion. I’m thinking New playable races. With new racial skills. So that it doesn’t create crazy imbalance. The personal story of a old race would have you kill off zhaitain.. ,well a copy of zhaitan, I killed the real one. HoS! Then you could get invited to lead or set up the orders in the new maps. Or they would have add new orders because you don’t see the Tengu in the ranks now.

So in the end. The Tengu and Kodan can wander around the other cities, but the people who don’t have the expansion will have limited or no access to the new zones. The personal stories are different, the New skills are just racial and easy to balance, the rangers can capture new pets, for the hundredth time. Monty python rabbit. Make it a checkered giant. They are huge at least the size of the snow owl. Other professions could get a kill like the digital edition hound elite. Game not broken, I killed zhaitan, I get killer rabbit as a pet, and everyone is happy. Yes?

The story can be you play as an XXXXX race and kill YYYY boss, but I think this is the way they expansion would work best.

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

What expansion?

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

What expansion?

The one that wasn’t announced. You know the one where giant Charr-eating donuts take over Orr to enslave the undead and make them build pyramids as a monument to their deliciousness? Yeah. That one.

Gestankfaust.4216

Ohhhh…that one

No one talks about that one though…right?

Duke Blackrose.4981

Ohhhh…that one

No one talks about that one though…right?

Of course not. They’re all focused on the expansion where you can open up your very own Risen Fried Chicken.

Gestankfaust.4216

LOL!

Finger pickin good

;)

Duke Blackrose.4981

It’s an explosion of flavor!

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

You want to do WHAT to my Undead Baby Chicken? -.-

Gestankfaust.4216

Those are called “Nuggets”

Little Old Lady.3742

Those are called “Nuggets”

They can focus the expansion around the durman priory pet chicken cluckers joins the tengu for wacky adventures. Eating donuts in Orr.

Gestankfaust.4216

Now we’re talking donuts and chicken. Sounds like a franchise to me

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The expansion will include the Living Story part 2: Fix 150 signs, some balance changes that won’t be included in the patch notes and a new mission that can’t be done by a chosen minority.

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

You guys got it all wrong. The expansion will be limited to the literal expansion of each explorable area. While many speculate that aNet will increase the dimensions of each region, I believe they’ll actually scale down avatars and buildings.

Little Old Lady.3742

You guys got it all wrong. The expansion will be limited to the literal expansion of each explorable area. While many speculate that aNet will increase the dimensions of each region, I believe they’ll actually scale down avatars and buildings.

The nutty professor dragon uses his shrink ray on players.. “quick! To the top of that giant cupcake”

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

What expansion?

The expansion they’ll announce to counter The Elder Scrolls Online.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Duke Blackrose.4981

What expansion?

It’s an Elder Scrolls game. It will be countered by horrible game breaking bugs that can’t be modded out by the modding community because it’s an MMO. And counting on those developers to fix anything by themselves is just hopeless.

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

What expansion?

It’s an Elder Scrolls game. It will be countered by horrible game breaking bugs that can’t be modded out by the modding community because it’s an MMO. And counting on those developers to fix anything by themselves is just hopeless.

Does it matter? This game has what people call “horrible game breaking bugs” and yet here we all still are.

Hype for TESO is high. People have crazy hopes and will have a lot of patience for it. I know I will. I don’t see myself leaving GW2 completely when TESO comes out, but I’ll be spending less time with it… unless a GW2 expansion does come out around that time. It’s a perfect time for it, he’s right.