what on earth is up with ping recently

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: huntsman.4693

huntsman.4693

anyone else consistently getting more than 3k ping after last patch. This is ridiculous cant even play

Attachments:

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Yup, same here.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

1) Do a -repair
2) Failing improvements, blaim Anet

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

Despite the fact that this happens to many people if anet will never admit it and will claim its on your end

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Despite the fact that this happens to many people if anet will never admit it and will claim its on your end

And there’s at least an equal amount of people who don’t have the problem, so what’s up with those?

How do people have a working connection when you have a high ping when A-Net is at fault here, if it were a server issue on their side everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, would have ping problems, not just “some”.

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

And there’s at least an equal amount of people who don’t have the problem, so what’s up with those?

How do people have a working connection when you have a high ping when A-Net is at fault here, if it were a server issue on their side everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, would have ping problems, not just “some”.

no,things dont work that way
people connect to a-net through different routes,which a-net controlls through contracts
if one of the nodes on the way to their servers is kitten and kittens up in prime times things will be exactly the way they are now
IF however your connection is bad you will feel it on more than the GW front,which is not the case

(edited by Amaranthe.3578)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really? ArenaNet controls my ISP which contracts with the Tier 3 providers? I was unaware ArenaNet told ISPs who to contract with. Interesting.

Posted by: Nova.2890

Nova.2890

anyone else consistently getting more than 3k ping after last patch. This is ridiculous cant even play

The problem is with Level 3 ISP. A lot of people in the united states get routed through level 3 for a lot of game servers. Had this happen quite a bit when i played FFXIV.

There are a couple options though. You can subscribe to a service like WTFast which is a gaming VPN, or you can create your own vpn on a virtual private server, if you know that that vps hosting provider does not route through Level 3, which is what i did with mine.

You can check the Level 3 outage map here
http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/