what time will the patch hit?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

does anyone know what time this patch is mean to hit?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

between now and never

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

Its 9pm UK time, so shortly it wont be here till tomorrow

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Yea its sux when you wait whole day and then you have only one or two hours time to play..

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

I remember times when EU players could enjoy new patches in the evening… :C

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It is currently 1PM Anet office time, so just after lunch. I imagine it will hit in the next hour or two.

The Burninator

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

What patch I thought the living story patch was not til Nov. 4th??

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is just one in the afternoon over there right now, so they still have a couple of hours left of their work day. But I would guess it would be here within 4 hours at least.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yea its sux when you wait whole day and then you have only one or two hours time to play..

How do you think those of us who work and miss out on all of the releases feel? I’ve only been on for two releases because I didn’t work that day.

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

“stuff EU right?”
“yea, stuff em”

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

My memory might be vague but it does feel like the patch releases is getting later and later by every release. Before at season1 we usually had some of them at 8pm(+1 EU).

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

How do you think those of us who work and miss out on all of the releases feel? I’ve only been on for two releases because I didn’t work that day.

What? EU people sleep? I thought you were all more hardcore than that!

Sleep is what you do in game when you type /sleep. It isn’t needed anywhere else!

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I understand that normally there might be some issues to iron out last minute, but I really wasn’t expecting that today. It’s largely a relaunch of old content, following a big gap. I wonder why it’s delayed…

lordkrall.7241

Why are people talking about delays when there have never been a set release time?

And even if it is largely the same event as last year quite a bit have actually changed in the game and there might very well be things from Halloween 2013 that is simply not working with other changes made to the game since then.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This happens every patch day. All they’ve said, all they ever say, is that it will be sometime on the 21st, Seattle time.

It’s usually (but not always) between 9am and 5pm, but they never give a specific time.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Why are people talking about delays when there have never been a set release time?

And even if it is largely the same event as last year quite a bit have actually changed in the game and there might very well be things from Halloween 2013 that is simply not working with other changes made to the game since then.

Entitlement, clearly.

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

ANet released an announcement that said they will cancel the release if there are any more forum posting asking when the release will happen.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

CrashTestAuto.9108

Because I’m working on the assumption that they don’t want to disappoint the thousands of European players who have reasonable hope to be able to play the update today rather than tomorrow.

Obviously it’s not an “official” delay, but given that they have the option of releasing it in time for players to be happy, or not, I’m giving them the credit of assuming they prefer the former.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

My memory might be vague but it does feel like the patch releases is getting later and later by every release. Before at season1 we usually had some of them at 8pm(+1 EU).

Sad but true.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

ANet released an announcement that said they will cancel the release if there are any more forum posting asking when the release will happen.

Hey now, that is not true.

Just want to point out that, as forum members said, we generally don’t have a set time for updates. So we ask for your patience but you can rest assured that the build is in very final states of preparation and it will be along just as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

lordkrall.7241

Because I’m working on the assumption that they don’t want to disappoint the thousands of European players who have reasonable hope to be able to play the update today rather than tomorrow.

Obviously it’s not an “official” delay, but given that they have the option of releasing it in time for players to be happy, or not, I’m giving them the credit of assuming they prefer the former.

What about the Oceanic players then? It is already the 22rd over there, and yet I have never actually seen anyone there complain about releases.

They are a company based in the US. They will release their updates around THEIR time schedule, not PART of the player base on a different continent. Simple as that.

You also seem to be under the impression that they are not releasing it early just to spite us, which is extremely unlikely. It is way more likely that it simply isn’t ready for release just yet.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Just want to point out that, as forum members said, we generally don’t have a set time for updates. So we ask for your patience but you can rest assured that the build is in very final states of preparation and it will be along just as soon as possible.

Just wanted to let you know it’s starting to get late here in EU. A real shame that we can’t play the update on the day it was supposed to roll out :/

I know you are in the US but maybe you could take EU into consideration when you roll our patches so we don’t feel like second class citizens.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The EU players get the patch at the same exact moment that the NA players get it, it launches across both regions at the exact same moment in time.

So although calendar-wise the EU players may feel like they are getting it later, they also get to play it longer calendar-wise since the next patch will launch across both regions at the same moment in time.

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It’s only rarely that I am actually awake by the time the update hits. But then, I’m a patient woman and never had the need to be the first to do things. It’ll be there tomorrow as well.

lordkrall.7241

Just wanted to let you know it’s starting to get late here in EU. A real shame that we can’t play the update on the day it was supposed to roll out :/

I know you are in the US but maybe you could take EU into consideration when you roll our patches so we don’t feel like second class citizens.

So they should be forced to go to work at 4 or something in the morning just so that we can get the patch in a good time?

What about the people in Oceania? Should they also cater to them? Wouldn’t that mean that they basically have to release the patch the day BEFORE the release date in order to allow them to play it “on time”?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Waffles first, release after!

Anyway, I hoped it would be live before I went to bed, but it’s not, so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to play… Poor me Can’t wait to see what’s coming!

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

What about the Oceanic players then? It is already the 22rd over there, and yet I have never actually seen anyone there complain about releases.

Thank you, Lordkrall.

/waving from Wednesday

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was hoping to see it before now, mostly because I like getting a fresh look without spoilers and now I have to depart for the evening Yeah, I know it might be exactly like last year, but then again there could be new twists and I love them more for first hand experience.

I’ll do my best not to peek at forums before I can log in tomorrow.

Posted by: Intruder.3627

Intruder.3627

Relax everyone. Rushing never helped anyone. Would you rather they rush the patch and then pushing hotfixes every 2-3 hours? Frustrating for both developers and gamers.
I suppose if they can’t have it ready for today ( in their time zone ) as it is planned, they say something. If there is no announcement of a delay that means there is no delay. Be patient. I was playing the game in the last 2 halloween events so this will be my first and I want to be relaxed and enjoy it.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

So they should be forced to go to work at 4 or something in the morning just so that we can get the patch in a good time?

What about the people in Oceania? Should they also cater to them? Wouldn’t that mean that they basically have to release the patch the day BEFORE the release date in order to allow them to play it “on time”?

I’m assuming Oceania has far less players than EU but please, do correct me if that is wrong. They have to draw the line somewhere and my statement was based on the knowledge that, even if their workday starts at 9, that’s 6pm over here.

I know that it’s not as simple as flipping a switch but with their superior server structure that makes applying patches really seamless and supposedly easy I was under the impression, that, if that’s the first thing they do when the day starts
the patch should be ready around 2 hours later.
(that’s by the way backed up by the first few patches being released around 8 over here but as someone else stated, they have really slowed down for some reason and i don’t know why, considering it’s only a rehash of old content this time around)

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Would settle with patch notes while we wait.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Would settle with patch notes while we wait.

This.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

They are still negotiating with Zommoros about the new stuff he is supposed to give. :P

Lady Elvea.2847

Come to think of it… aren’t we due a weekly BLTC update from our favourite Ebeneezer Charr?

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

I remember times when EU players could enjoy new patches in the evening… :C

I remember those days too, good times. Come home from work, 6.30pm the patch would hit, play all evening! Not like these days, lucky to get it before you go to bed

lordkrall.7241

Come to think of it… aren’t we due a weekly BLTC update from our favourite Ebeneezer Charr?

Nope, those usually comes the week when we don’t have patches and I seem to recall that all the Halloween thingies was added last Tuesday.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

The EU players get the patch at the same exact moment that the NA players get it, it launches across both regions at the exact same moment in time.

So although calendar-wise the EU players may feel like they are getting it later, they also get to play it longer calendar-wise since the next patch will launch across both regions at the same moment in time.

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Exactly. You know approximately when the patch will be here so take a nap!

CrashTestAuto.9108

They are a company based in the US. They will release their updates around THEIR time schedule, not PART of the player base on a different continent. Simple as that.

You also seem to be under the impression that they are not releasing it early just to spite us, which is extremely unlikely. It is way more likely that it simply isn’t ready for release just yet.

Given the time periods that relate to ANet’s business hours, Oceanic players will predominantly be asleep, and then at work, so the launch time doesn’t affect them.

Releasing the patch a few hours later for Europeans is the difference between playing it today or playing it after work tomorrow.

That said, where on Earth did the spite comment come from? I specifically said I wondered what the delay was… :S

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

I know that it’s not as simple as flipping a switch but with their superior server structure that makes applying patches really seamless and supposedly easy I was under the impression, that, if that’s the first thing they do when the day starts
the patch should be ready around 2 hours later.
(that’s by the way backed up by the first few patches being released around 8 over here but as someone else stated, they have really slowed down for some reason and i don’t know why, considering it’s only a rehash of old content this time around)

true..

in a perfect world I probably would have everything ready one day before release so “flipping the switch” would be near possible next morning. Especially if your catering internationally.

But no reason to go uncle nutsy about it, will keep myself busy running around in circles in LA in the meantime. ^^

patchote pls!

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

Lady Elvea.2847

Nope, those usually comes the week when we don’t have patches and I seem to recall that all the Halloween thingies was added last Tuesday.

I could swear they were every week regardless… I also fully expect them to bring back the Halloween themed outfits again (Witch, Thorn, etc.) from previous years, which would be included in a “today” update.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Given the time periods that relate to ANet’s business hours, Oceanic players will predominantly be asleep, and then at work, so the launch time doesn’t affect them.

Releasing the patch a few hours later for Europeans is the difference between playing it today or playing it after work tomorrow.

That said, where on Earth did the spite comment come from? I specifically said I wondered what the delay was… :S

White Knights will be White Knights.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

They forgot LA was destroyed and have to actually make new decorations else the old release makes no sense.

Snow Crows [SC]

lordkrall.7241

The spite comment was from this part of your post:

Which would be seen to imply that they are “delaying” it on purpose, which would be quite silly. If it was ready for release two hours ago it would have been released two hours ago.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

I could swear they were every week regardless… I also fully expect them to bring back the Halloween themed outfits again (Witch, Thorn, etc.) from previous years, which would be included in a “today” update.

Nope, it is usually Living story —-- Cash shop —-- Living story —- Cash shop. Of course there might be some extra stuff released during the actual patches as well, but the usual pattern is every other week patch and the one that is not is gem store.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Aren’t they in the shop already? Witch-costumset is there Mad kings too.

Lady Elvea.2847

“Final states” sincerely has me wondering. Is that like feeding the server hamsters a little extra so the upload of the patch will be faster?

Because I’d hope you wouldn’t need to finish any actual content this close to your own deadline. Or does ANet have like… magic chocolate benefits for all devs to manage all the stress? (If so, do you have any openings?)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Been this way since day one—-time and date based on Pacific Coast time.
This type of thread appears with just about every release. If the OP is a longtime player, he/she should know better, if a new player—Now You Know!!!!

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I know. I was just being facetious. But, it was nice to get called out by the legendary Gaile Gray.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

CrashTestAuto.9108

Lady Elvea.2847

Aren’t they in the shop already? Witch-costumset is there Mad kings too.

I just noticed… they’re all the way at the bottom and weren’t in last week’s announcement. GG.