what to do with PVP skins ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

with the introduction of AP rewards I get kittenloads of PVP only skins. I dont sPVP so they are useless to me and I dont care because thei’re all ugly
They cant be sold, cant be salvaged, cant be flushed in the M toilet… whats the deal ?
I seems to me that anet wants to fill up ours inventory so we buy new bank, bag slots or what ?

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Like minis and materials, you can deposit collectables and all your PvP gear goes to your PvP locker. And if you ever down the road DO get into PvP, you will be glad to get this advantage. People complain about FREE stuff too much. Perhaps there are people who PvP and are happy to get some more stuff.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

PvP skins can be salvaged, you just need to buy a PvP Salvage Kit in the Mists.

You can also click “Deposit All” in your inventory to store them in your PvP locker in the Mists.

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

wow, thanks for tips guys
had no idea about the locker in pvp and pvp salvage kit

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

PvP Locker only holds one of each armor/weapon and stacks of their salvaged components.

I got duplicates of a couple armor pieces and the Forge did accept them. I figured I’d hold out for more duplicates rather than just salvage on the chance I’d get something new (just like PvE Forging where four armor pieces gives random piece back). Is this not possible with four pieces?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Should be possible, from what i remember.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I tried it, but the PvP mystic forge did not accept any of the PvP skins. I don’t care for medium/heavy armors or weapons I don’t use, but I would like the chance to get different light armor pieces for PvP use, if just for stuff like Sanctum sprint.

Posted by: Taggund.8936

Taggund.8936

I tried it, but the PvP mystic forge did not accept any of the PvP skins. I don’t care for medium/heavy armors or weapons I don’t use, but I would like the chance to get different light armor pieces for PvP use, if just for stuff like Sanctum sprint.

I don’t PvP, but it does seem odd that they do not match a soulbound item to the armor type of the character that opens the bag. I’ve only received Medium armor from the bags opened with my guardian.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Deposit all and they are never seen again never pvp and prolly never will..

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

You need to salvage them with the PvP kit, and then you can use the mats salvaged in the MF.