whats the best heavy armor class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deadpools.7483

Deadpools.7483

as the title says what is the best heavy armor class im having an issue on deciding what i want as a main heavy armor wise but i understand theres only 3 choices warrior gaurdian and rev

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You can’t go wrong with either, they all have their strengths and are always useful. Each has unique support mechanics and good damage. Just choose the one which pleases you with mechanics. In PvP Revenant > Guardian > Warrior.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

You can’t go wrong with either, they all have their strengths and are always useful. Each has unique support mechanics and good damage. Just choose the one which pleases you with mechanics. In PvP Revenant > Guardian > Warrior.

ArenaNet is always balancing the classes and as such which class is most powerful and by how much does tend to change a bit. However, I do agree that you can’t go wrong, but they’re each a little different, so just pick the one you enjoy most.

(edited by Bron.9647)

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

I’ll make this a little more detailed because I have one of each.
If you don’t have HoT:
Warrior is offensive. Guardian is tankier support.
If you do have HoT:
- Before level 80: same as above, with the addition of Revenant, which has four stances (basically playstyles). One power/mobility, one condi, one power/tank, one healer.
- After getting elite specs: Berserker can go either power or condi; it’s fun either way if you want a simple class. Dragonhunter is stronger overall, and a bit tankier, but it takes a little more than a faceroll to kill your foes :P. Revenant, once again, is everything at once, but it now has a power/support mode as well. It’s overall the best in PvP. But if you’re just looking to have some fun in HoT PvE, you can literally go with anything as long as it can survive and do decent damage.

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

:/ don’t main a warrior it’s the worst class of all at the moment, dragon hunter and revenant on the other hand are the best.

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

Best is impossible to answer they all work totally differently and the actual balance between classes is constantly changing.

I play a guardian because I like their battle mobility, decent DPS, excellent party support and active defenses. The downside to guardian is they can need a lot of gear and strugglr with speed buffing. Playing Guard well means picking the right weapon for the job. Although 99% of the time that means hammer or greatsword I still always carry a mace, staff, shield focus, scepter and torch because it’s awesome to have the options when you want the extra damage / survivability.

I also always carry two sets of armor. Both with Zerker but different runes(speed and strength) so for general PVE speed isn’t an issue.

That being said, while it took a bit of work to put all that gear together, there is pretty much nothing I can’t handle

(edited by FlashAhAhh.4307)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well in PvE a

Warrior

1. PS/EA warrior(/berserker) is still mandatory for the 1000+ power boost and the 900 condition dmg it provides… I really, really, hate parties without a PS/EA warrior(/berserker)…
  2. S/T & LB Burnzerk Berzerker or S/S & LB Condition warrior has uses, but both really never were Meta.
  3. Shout Heal warrior still exists in the history book… it is a way to have warrior support, but it’s mostly harmless…

Guardian

1. Guardian can do good DPS as a ZERK build, S/F and GS
  2. Dragonhunter can do good traps and has a decent ranged option…. Wells and LB
  3. Guardian can do good DPS as a Condi (BURN) build,
  4. Guardian excels at healing and buffing if you want.

Revenant

1. Revenant seems mostky is a buffer in PvE using herald’s options for +50% boon duration, and often Fury (and occasionally regen) AOE spam with traits this will also give some might. and ferocity.
  2. It has options to be a healer as well.
  3. As a condi build it suffers having no ranged option.

In WvW warriors are not that abundant, and guardian pawns a lot, revenant seems to have found a place…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

In terms of pure gameplay I enjoy revenant the best due to the stance switching and overall style of play. In terms of performance I really can’t say much.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Warrior is excellent amazing best thing ever in pve (in parties)
banners too strong

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Herald. It’s the most versatile.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

The one you find the most fun to play will be the best heavy armor class for you. Give each a spin for 15ish levels, then decide… it won’t take that much time, and you might be the happier for it.

Crowd sourcing a decision is rarely rewarding.

~EW

(edit: and if you don’t like the ones you try, park ’em in metrica province to harvest potatoes… good source of TP income atm for a few seconds of logging in)

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Herald is 2 tiers above, DH is next and Warrior is in last place.

Posted by: Deadpools.7483

Deadpools.7483

The one you find the most fun to play will be the best heavy armor class for you. Give each a spin for 15ish levels, then decide… it won’t take that much time, and you might be the happier for it.

Crowd sourcing a decision is rarely rewarding.

~EW

(edit: and if you don’t like the ones you try, park ’em in metrica province to harvest potatoes… good source of TP income atm for a few seconds of logging in)

i have a 80 gaurdian and i had a rev to 43 and i have a warrior at 58 so i mean its really between gaurdian or warrior i have more fun as a warrior so i guess i should stick to that