when is precursor Hunt coming?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

Q:

ok is been 2 years since the last time they said they are working on it. Am really hoping it will come soon like very soon. i don’t want to play RNG and throw all my money away or Buy it off the TP since it doesn’t feel like I Made the weapons. everything i farm and make over the pass 2 years i just want to finish it. Come on ANET!!!!

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Maybeitwill maybeitwont buthowonearth wouldweknow?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Probablynotbecause thingschange and ithinkTheydecidednot todoitAnymore

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Youneedto watchthestream tobesure tillthen nooneknows

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Hopefully never, unless it is more difficult and time consuming than it is to earn the gold.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Hopefully never, unless it is more difficult and time consuming than it is to earn the gold.

-5 points for implying earning gold is “difficult” instead of just mind numbingly tedious and boring.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

The precursor crafting/scavenger hunt was never a promise. It was on the table, they were working on it, then at some point it went off the table. But it was never promised.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

-5 points for implying earning old is “difficult” instead of just mind numbingly tedious and boring.

People love boring content though otherwise we wouldn’t see people constantly complaining everytime something ’’hard’’ gets introduced.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

-5 points for implying earning old is “difficult” instead of just mind numbingly tedious and boring.

People love boring content though otherwise we wouldn’t see people constantly complaining everytime something ’’hard’’ gets introduced.

Effort? Pffffffffff

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’m pretty convinced the whole “they promised precursor hunt/crafting” thing is the main reason we no longer hear about anything that hasn’t been released yet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The precursor crafting/scavenger hunt was never a promise. It was on the table, they were working on it, then at some point it went off the table. But it was never promised.

And probably the reason they no longer tell us what their future hopes and plans are.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

As long as it’s more fun who cares how much time it takes! :P

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Oh, yes it was promised, and that’s exactly why they don’t promise anything anymore. They even said we’d see it in 2013.

Hopefully they fulfill that promise with HoT.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Oh, yes it was promised, and that’s exactly why they don’t promise anything anymore. They even said we’d see it in 2013.

Did you even read the article, i know it might have taken 5 minutes of your time.

“And So Much More to Come…
From the upcoming release of our brand spanking new Looking for Group (LFG) tool, to investigating ways to limit culling in PvE, to the two-week content schedule our Living World teams have in store, the second half of 2013 has countless more exciting new things in store for our players than I can possibly cover here.As always, the content above is subject to change as we test and iterate on these systems.

But because of people not reading and jumping to conclusions like you just did with saying they promised these things. This is why they do not let us know anymore.

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Yeah. I think Anet are entitled to a clause that says “This is all subject to change” because that is the nature of software development. They didn’t promise a thing and they shared what was cooking up at the time. Some of the cookies need to go back in the oven a bit longer or the recipe needs to change and started all over again. But they didn’t promise you’d get them. For the record we saw pretty much EVERYTHING else on that list in 2013.

Can we please get off the “Anet promised and never delivered” bandwagon. Its probably the #1 reason we get so little communication about future projects nowadays.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, you know, that promise word is funny. If I create a document saying something will come, and in that same document say everything in this document is subject to change due to our iterative process, then anyone calling that statement a promise doesn’t really know the definition of the word.

Promises generally don’t come with caveats. I wish people would stop misusing this word.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Promises generally don’t come with caveats.

Agreed.

Colin also, in an interview, said, “absolutely,” in reference to the addition. “Absolutely,” precludes any caveat because its, well, absolute.

Edit:

That said, I think that any discussion of what is to come, or when, should probably be shelved until after PAX.

I am very much looking forward to see what they have been up to and where they intend to take us.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Didn’t they give an update during the second feature pack? something about incorporating collections into precursor scavenging.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d like to know why Anet haven’t given us more underwater weapons. The last few black lion weapon sets have excluded spear and trident skins.

Are Anet scrapping underwater content? Who knows :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Didn’t they give an update during the second feature pack? something about incorporating collections into precursor scavenging.

Not that I recall. I recall it being tossed about by myself and others as one potential way of allowing it to happen for an account (once per account) but not as a definitive way.

I know I and others also said Mawdrey resembled a process like that too, come to think of it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Promises generally don’t come with caveats.

Agreed.

Colin also, in an interview, said, “absolutely,” in reference to the addition. “Absolutely,” precludes any caveat because its, well, absolute.

Except when it’s not.

Which, well, is almost every case someone uses “absolutely”. I really hate using that word because I know I mean it (usually in the case of “are you ever going to..” “absolutely” meaning I’m literally going to get started on it after the person questioning me stops). I tend to preface it myself with “if everything goes right…”.

Same goes for the colloquialism “one hundred percent”.

Edit:

That said, I think that any discussion of what is to come, or when, should probably be shelved until after PAX.

Not on these forums. These forums we like to speculate and hype ourselves up then rage when our self-hyped ideas never show up.

I am very much looking forward to see what they have been up to and where they intend to take us.

I am too. If only because either it’s going to be awesome or it’ll give lots of material on which to discuss improvements or snark on quietly with the rest of the forum-goers

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Did you even read the article, i know it might have taken 5 minutes of your time.

“And So Much More to Come…
From the upcoming release of our brand spanking new Looking for Group (LFG) tool, to investigating ways to limit culling in PvE, to the two-week content schedule our Living World teams have in store, the second half of 2013 has countless more exciting new things in store for our players than I can possibly cover here.As always, the content above is subject to change as we test and iterate on these systems.

But because of people not reading and jumping to conclusions like you just did with saying they promised these things. This is why they do not let us know anymore.

Actually the problem isn’t people jumping to conclusions because you can’t when it’s a live announcement, the problem is they make live announcements when they treat the whole live game as a PTR. They need a PTR and then need to make PTR only announcements to get customer feedback. They know this, everyone knows this, it’s a time honored tradition to keep updates that are important for the growth of the title alive and to test problems before they go live.

But they keep thinking that they don’t need it so they’ll continue to stumble along in their live patches causing outrage over outrage because they don’t test anything ahead of time.

I doubt very much that we’ll see precursor hunting and even if we do OP we definitely won’t see an actual system of finding a real one directly, most likely it will be locked behind some box or ticket feature or it will require that you have a special account where RNG is never negative.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But they keep thinking that they don’t need it so they’ll continue to stumble along in their live patches causing outrage over outrage because they don’t test anything ahead of time.

I don’t think they need it, because I don’t see PTRs as a “time honored tradition” . . . since in older times PTRs weren’t utilized entirely as people envision they were. I think the EQ test server was barely used from what I read, the UO one turned into an entirely separate game, and earlier than that . . . there wasn’t one.

I think most of the problems people are complaining about aren’t something a PTR can/will “magic bullet” into a fix. A large slice are social problems, another large slice is storytelling problems, and a third large slice is problems with pacing their work well enough.

PTR doesn’t fix those.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

The only thing legendary about legendaries is how legendarily gullible you have to be to either buy or make the silly things.

Everything else is just a tedium test.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The only thing legendary about legendaries is how legendarily gullible you have to be to either buy or make the silly things.

I don’t plan on making one unless the materials are practically in my hands already.

In short, if a precursor falls into my lap which I can use.

naiasonod.9265

I don’t plan on making one unless the materials are practically in my hands already.

In short, if a precursor falls into my lap which I can use.

Which Anet seems very disinterested in making much more likely than winning the national lotto. I’m frightfully disappointed by the whole ‘legendary’ approach though.

Keep on keeping on, aye!

Posted by: uncomfortably energetic.9153

uncomfortably energetic.9153

I’m loathe to say never but… never.

And considering Anets track record if they do add it it will consist of removing precursors from drop tables and making it a mystic forge recipe with 0.000000001% chance of actually giving you the precursor like we have now…

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Which Anet seems very disinterested in making much more likely than winning the national lotto. I’m frightfully disappointed by the whole ‘legendary’ approach though.

Keep on keeping on, aye!

Well they have a nice part of their players who aren’t interested in making them more accessible, and that isn’t just the people making bank on trading them around. It includes the people who would really like them to be more readily available and less of a status symbol (or a “I am rich and/or devoted enough to put a lot of time into it” symbol).

The high end of the economy right now is, indeed, largely populated by precursors and the few other rarities which have been introduced. The resource nodes, the permanent contracts, the permanent mystic toilet node . . . it’d be kind of a massive shake to see the huge price tags on certain precursors drop by even 25% due to more supply getting out there. Either that or it just winds up adding a few more people to the “Golden” club through selling off precursors which are easier to get.

It’s why I keep saying the first step would have to be making them Account Bind on Acquire, and let all the people who would quit over that go away before proceeding any further with a hunt, a collection, or to make it just outright easier to get your hands on a precursor.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m loathe to say never but… never.

And considering Anets track record if they do add it it will consist of removing precursors from drop tables and making it a mystic forge recipe with 0.000000001% chance of actually giving you the precursor like we have now…

No, no, if they do anything it will be something else and easier. I have that much faith in them not being really stupid by doing what you suggest they will.

naiasonod.9265

[quote=4718256;Tobias Trueflight.8350:]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

My thoughts why we will maybe never get it :
- prices of yellow items / ectos crash down to maybe 10s
- T6 mats rise over 1 gold
In the end the Legendary will maybe be more expensive than before.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Precursor crafting will probably never happen for existing legendaries. Regardless of how it’s implemented, people are going to complain. Either it will be much cheaper since not all legendaries are equal or it will be more expansive. Legendaries are supposed to be a long term goal for dedicated players, so what if it was time gated to 6+ months.

What will probably happen is the next set of legendaries will be released and will feature the new system.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The collection system we have now is to test how it’d work for precursors. They did this with time gating celestial exotic which then we had ascended.

Theory hat off.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

The collection system is probably what is left from the original try to implement a precursor scavenger hunt. See the Dungeoneer meta-achivement, which as well could give a precursor or a piece of a precursor as reward in the original plan. Perhaps.

But to give out only precursors from this system would change the T6 market drastically, which has an impact on the whole game. I assume the side effects of this resulted in the decision to not hand out precursors this way.

If legendary weapons should be given out in a scavenger hunt, the whole weapon must result from it: precursors and all the required gifts. Otherwise it is probably not predictable which impact on the economy it has. Probably new tradeable loot items have to be introduced that are only used for crafting legendary weapons, so their trade has (almost) no impact on the normal crafting.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

If the precursor acquired from said scavenger hunt was account bound (and subsequently the legendary) I think it would help alleviate market change (from instituting a scavenger hunt) a little bit. For me, the precursor is the very last thing I acquire while making a legendary. I currently have 2 legendaries, and I am starting to gather the materials for a 3rd. I imagine this is how a lot of people also go on with making their legendary. Yes, if a precursor actually drops for me while I’m collecting materials for a legendary I may switch my focus to that one (or flip it for the precursor that I want), but again, this doesn’t really affect the T6 market.

Under this system, people who want the precursor for themselves to build a legendary will work on the scavenger hunt, but the market still would not be flooded with pres/legs or picked dry of T6 mats.

Now I could definitely be wrong, but I can’t imagine that a difficult scavenger hunt would drive people who just sell T6 mats and don’t care about legendaries to start hoarding the mats, consequently driving prices up. But again, I could be wrong. To me, it seems that if someone wants to build a legendary, acquiring the precursor isn’t going to stop them, and if someone isn’t going to build one then having the ability to complete a difficult scavenger hunt for their choice of account bound precursor won’t change their mind either.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

If the precursor acquired from said scavenger hunt was account bound (and subsequently the legendary) I think it would help alleviate market change (from instituting a scavenger hunt) a little bit. For me, the precursor is the very last thing I acquire while making a legendary. I currently have 2 legendaries, and I am starting to gather the materials for a 3rd. I imagine this is how a lot of people also go on with making their legendary. Yes, if a precursor actually drops for me while I’m collecting materials for a legendary I may switch my focus to that one (or flip it for the precursor that I want), but again, this doesn’t really affect the T6 market.

Under this system, people who want the precursor for themselves to build a legendary will work on the scavenger hunt, but the market still would not be flooded with pres/legs or picked dry of T6 mats.

Now I could definitely be wrong, but I can’t imagine that a difficult scavenger hunt would drive people who just sell T6 mats and don’t care about legendaries to start hoarding the mats, consequently driving prices up. But again, I could be wrong. To me, it seems that if someone wants to build a legendary, acquiring the precursor isn’t going to stop them, and if someone isn’t going to build one then having the ability to complete a difficult scavenger hunt for their choice of account bound precursor won’t change their mind either.

yeah i won’t mind if everything is account bound for the hunt so the pre market stay some what even those who want to buy can still and those who want to spents a lot of time on the hunt can feel like they earn every bit of the legendary(aka myself).