where is the black market trader?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vaupell.8542

Vaupell.8542

Returning player, left at the destruction of Lions Arch, came back today to see if the game
has become fun again, aparently not.

So first issue, spendt a consideral ammount of irl cash on clothing etc, and making sure it has the right colors etc..

Today i learned Arena net decided to screw us, by turning everything into some new system, well that’s fine except i have to find some useless npc.

Where is that "Black market trader "armorsmith"" located, so we can get our rp clothes again ? Norn btw, looking in Hoelbrak

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There should be one next to most trading post NPCs in the major cities.

Vaupell.8542

Nope I mean

Players can visit a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith) in any major city to have their town clothes converted to items compatible with the new wardrobe.

There should be one next to most trading post NPCs in the major cities.

Awesome, can you point me to one, running around like a crazy person, it’s really silly.

mcwurth.2081

pretty much same thing http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Trader

Why did you not search the wiki for yourself?

Vaupell.8542

Well Mr. Arogant!

I did, and that is where i got my information.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

Because, the “TRADING POST” does not do the exchange..

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Awesome, can you point me to one, running around like a crazy person, it’s really silly.

If you’re in Hoelbrak, open up your map (press M) and look for the Trading Post icon on the map. I believe it’s up on the third floor of the big main lodge. The armor vendor should be right next to the trading post NPCs (along with the black lion weaponsmith).

mcwurth.2081

Well Mr. Arogant!

I did, and that is where i got my information.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

Because, the “TRADING POST” does not do the exchange..

Nothing arrogant about it, so no need to talk like that, I merely asked you a question.
If you did use the wiki, you could have searched for the “thing” you asked for yourself, thats why the question, once again no need to get rude.

Ninja edit: on the bottom of the page it was even a clickable link…….

Posted by: UndeadCrisis.5103

UndeadCrisis.5103

came back today to see if the game

Then why are you still playing and asking questions??

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

In Lion’s Arch, go over the bridge from Grand Piazza to Fort Mariner, and there is one on your right, standing by the other black lion merchants as soon as you enter the fort area.

Attachments:

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Returning player, left at the destruction of Lions Arch, came back today to see if the game

So first issue, spendt a consideral ammount of irl cash on clothing etc, and making sure it has the right colors etc..

Today i learned Arena net decided to screw us, by turning everything into some new system, well that’s fine except i have to find some useless npc.

Where is that "Black market trader "armorsmith"" located, so we can get our rp clothes again ? Norn btw, looking in Hoelbrak

• ANet introduced a new wardrobe system that, on the whole, is much better for reskins. It includes the ability to engage in combat with outfits, some of which are more suitable for RP.
  • You might be having trouble locating the NPC because of the name. It’s the Black Lion Armor Trader, not “Black Market.” In the racial cities, they are always located next to the Black Lion Trading Company NPC and those are marked by the balance/scale icon on both the mini and regular maps.
  • Be sure to speak to that NPC with each character and to follow through on all the dialogue trees, to make sure you didn’t miss something.

As a side note, speaking in general (and not about you specifically), I have found that people who return to the game to “find out if has become fun again” are universally displeased with what they find. People who return to the game to try it out again are often happy with the game.

It’s one of those self-fulfilling expectations: if you expect the game to annoy you (again), you can find plenty of stuff that will annoy. If you (instead) look for stuff that might be fun, you’ll find that (instead). The choice is yours.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”