which enrichment in ascended amulet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BCHunter.1475

BCHunter.1475

Which enrichment are you running in your amulet and why?

I was debating over which enrichment to use,…thinking gilded or magical? don’t need experience boost and have plenty of karma.

Can’t find any information on which is more profitable running fractals gold from monsters or magic find.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Since I can never have enough karma, I use the karma enrichment on my main toon. My magic find is so high now (about 290% base), the extra 20% isn’t worth it to me.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Karma on my wvw amulet.
Gilded on my pve amulet.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mathematically I’d say karma because you typically don’t have any karma boosters on. I don’t really focus on karma related purchases, just burn it down at Christmas because it’s there and the occasional new map karma stuff.

I go with magic find because it’s always being used so long as I’m killing foes that drop loot in pve and wvw. Mathematically it’s not the best choice though, the more magic find you have the less meaningful an additional small amount is.

BCHunter.1475

I’m at 7 million karma and can’t seem to spend it fast enough.

my base bonus are gold 59%
karma 17%
magic find 240%

but with magic find having an upper cap, I guess i’m leaning to gold now, but someone educate me on the merits of karma bonus?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m using magic find.

Just because the others for certain don’t give me anything I care about. With magic find, there’s a chance it’ll give me something I might care about.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m at 7 million karma and can’t seem to spend it fast enough.

my base bonus are gold 59%
karma 17%
magic find 240%

but with magic find having an upper cap, I guess i’m leaning to gold now, but someone educate me on the merits of karma bonus?

Winter’s day vendor sell loot bags with alot of mid tier materials, so if you craft that is huge. There are also vendors on the new maps that are karma heavy spenders.

And because you don’t generally run +% karma any +% karma is actually a comparitivly large increase compared to the drop in a bucket that +20% magic find brings vs over 200%. For math sake, it improves overall magic find by like 7% I think when compared to not having it.

BCHunter.1475

Thanks Justine,

yes i utilize the winterday vendor bags, have 5 stacks unopened in the bank,

Hmm looks like i should look for a youtube on converting karma to gold?

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Pact Supply Network Agents would be your first step BC…

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Magic find

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

tl;dr

• I recommend karma gain for fractal-frequenters or those who participate in tons of events (typically in the newer zones)
  • I recommend Magic Find for everyone else.
  • Magic Find always offers some value, if you kill a lot of foes; it has little value otherwise.
  • Karma gain is great if you participate in a lot of events; there are various ways to monetize karma or otherwise make use of it.
  • Gold Find used to be entirely useless: the amount of gold dropped by foes was small and the fractional difference could easily be sneezed at. However, for those who have high account bound MF and easy access to buffs, there are some situations in which it’s useful now.
  • Experience gain seems critical when trying to max levels or masteries, but … it eventually becomes worthless. I don’t recommend investing in it.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

+20% Magic Find is the way to go, IMO.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I seem to have run out of shards and karma, so My priority lies there… But ou could do fine without any buffs (291% MF)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’d sell my soul for a 25% movement speed enrichment.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Legendaries in HoT eat up tons of karma so I go for that.