who is the Future Personal nemesis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

“Aside from the Living Story main characters, we’ll also be surprising you with interesting villains, one of whom will become your personal nemesis. Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it. <grin>”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

so who do you think it is??

Im Saying Teyo for sure

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“Aside from the Living Story main characters, we’ll also be surprising you with interesting villains, one of whom will become your personal nemesis. Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it. <grin>”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

so who do you think it is??

Im Saying Teyo for sure

A member of Modus Sceleri?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

The blog states that we will recognize this person. I’m hesitant to state that this means that the person is universal to all storylines. Meaning you meet this person in either the Order arc, Pact arc, or in a Dungeon arc. In my opinion, they also cannot assume we played GW1.

Then we have the term “sassy”. It is a loose term, usually meaning smart-mouthed. Someone who is sassy is usually quick to retort and antagonistic for the fun of it. A troll, basically.

Then we have the “personal nemesis” line. Either we already did something to offend this person in some way, or we will at one point is the Living Story. A nemesis is usually made through a political power struggle or through violence.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

It is said that he/she/it will become your personal nemesis, maybe, just maybe its Trahearne ;p?

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Pale Tree has always been evil in my book. She and all her children should burn, starting with Trahearne.

Just teasing! :P

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Crystal zombie Snaff.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

It is said that he/she/it will become your personal nemesis, maybe, just maybe its Trahearne ;p?

That would be awesome. The only problem is she said the nemesis would be “sassy”.

Trahearne isn’t sassy, he’s just an idiot.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Minister Caudecus

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Logan Thackery…

No, not a guess… I want him to be the enemy…
I just have a need to beat his face inside out senselessly.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I was wondering if it might be like the doppelganger in the Augury Rock mission of GW1 – actually literally based on your own character. That would make it “personal” and would explain how any of us would recognize the person no matter which story branches we chose.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Zombie Rurik again!

Soulstar.7812

The fern-puppies of Caledon Forrest…

Toxyn.9608

I was wondering if it might be like the doppelganger in the Augury Rock mission of GW1 – actually literally based on your own character. That would make it “personal” and would explain how any of us would recognize the person no matter which story branches we chose.

I think you nailed it. It would explain the hardest criteria to meet (must be recognizable by everyone).

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

This would have to assume that everyone playing GW2 has also played GW1. Which we know is not the case.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

God I hope it isn’t Faolain. She shows up in Twilight Arbor, doesn’t she? I suppose that means most people have seen her.

Zombie Rurik again!

Sassy Undead Prince Rurik.

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

This would have to assume that everyone playing GW2 has also played GW1. Which we know is not the case.

No, I said like that. Not the very same creature.

GW1 Spoiler: It couldn't be the same creature because that doppelganger gets defeated at Augury Rock.

I just meant that they may be planning to use the same sort of mirroring to create a personalized antagonist as they did then. No prior knowledge necessary because the part you’d be meant to recognize is that it’s a version of yourself.

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

No, I said like that. Not the very same creature.

GW1 Spoiler: It couldn't be the same creature because that doppelganger gets defeated at Augury Rock.

I just meant that they may be planning to use the same sort of mirroring to create a personalized antagonist as they did then. No prior knowledge necessary because the part you’d be meant to recognize is that it’s a version of yourself.

Well, you already do that in the Asura personal story if your first invention was the Infinity Ball.
But then, that alternate universe you IS pretty awesome.

Posted by: Zolihan.8674

Zolihan.8674

That skritt in LA who has been slumming in the sewers and wants to live down there. Who else but someone who is destined to be a nemesis would want to live in the sewers?

Toxyn.9608

That skritt in LA who has been slumming in the sewers and wants to live down there. Who else but someone who is destined to be a nemesis would want to live in the sewers?

Master Splinter would like a word with you.

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

That would be awesome. The only problem is she said the nemesis would be “sassy”.

Trahearne isn’t sassy, he’s just an idiot.

Can’t we just pretend he’s sassy then ?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I think the community agrees that Trahearne going postal at the earliest occasion (march) would be good for the game right?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think the community agrees that Trahearne going postal at the earliest occasion (march) would be good for the game right?

No, but I think allowing them to do something like transform into the enemy on a spy mission, and find effigies of him (not the charr kind, the “strawman” kind) to beat up on would be therapeutic.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

I’m guessing this person probably doesn’t have much to do with the personal story. In the recent blog, Angel mentioned trying to prevent a “paradox” if the player is experiencing the personal and living stories at the same time. So I’m thinking it’s a relatively inconsequential (to the personal story) but memorable character.

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I can raise no objections to that. It might even make me like him. Well, not really. But it would please me. Just so long as there’s no evil Quaggan. Some things are sacred.

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Gaheron Baelfire comes back in the form of a possessed dredge kit (or w/e their little puke filled spawn are called) and follows you around like kid Gwen did in GW1, except he randomly trolls you and thwarts your fights by doing his little “charge/kd/immobilize” attack on you right when you’re about to heal.

You can thank me later for this leaked information

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

Well I have always considered – though I need to put this in suggestions that we can create out own personal nemesis based on enemy templates that hound us through aspects of the levelling process.
Also I did also have an extended idea of people creating guild nemesis but maybe that’s an idea too far

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

A: A guild nemesis would be freakin’ amazing. Just a random guy that has a higher chance of showing up when you’re in the open world to mess with you the more buffs you’re running.

B: As for the personal nemesis… I’m thinking it’s that consortium loudmouth that split everyone’s ears during lost shores. You know the guy… CITIZENS. Think about it -

*Is not present in personal story
*Is completely unforgettable to everyone who ever met him (which was everyone that played during lost shores)
*Is extremely, annoyingly sassy
*Is someone you want to beat up
*Is connected with some part of the existing content (The consortium is relocating refugees)

That’s not to say the consortium is RESPONSIBLE for the alliance but… you know, the consortium wasn’t responsbile for the karka either… technically…

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I hope it’s the woman who screams “Take heed! I haven’t taken leave of my senses, I’ve seen creatures of metal and steam!” in Hoelbrak. So I can punch her face off.

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

Trahearne riding on Khormir’s shoulder. 2 birds with the same stone!

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Gwen returns to burn people in the major cities

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: ceg.2587

ceg.2587

kellach rising up from his death seeking revenge/trying to corrupt you. (evil laugh)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The blog states that we will recognize this person. I’m hesitant to state that this means that the person is universal to all storylines. Meaning you meet this person in either the Order arc, Pact arc, or in a Dungeon arc. In my opinion, they also cannot assume we played GW1.

Then we have the term “sassy”. It is a loose term, usually meaning smart-mouthed. Someone who is sassy is usually quick to retort and antagonistic for the fun of it. A troll, basically.

Then we have the “personal nemesis” line. Either we already did something to offend this person in some way, or we will at one point is the Living Story. A nemesis is usually made through a political power struggle or through violence.

Actually if you read the line carefully the blog says “Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it.”

All that means is when we see the person we will know right away they are going to be our nemesis by the way they are acting. This does not mean in any way shape or form that any of us know the character at all. My guess is that it is going to be a totally new char that does not exist in the game at all yet.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

LOL. I came here to post something along these lines myself. Even better really.
*shudders*

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

My guess is that it is going to be a totally new char that does not exist in the game at all yet.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with this.

For one thing, while who dies is a Personal Story spoiler, who lives is a spoiler too.

Soulstar.7812

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking…

..Or an Orc from WoW in full raiding gear…

But in all honesty from what was said it sounds more like a very camp transgender male, so it’s either going to be one of the devs or Trahearne.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Your herald.

..DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

1. Kormir
2. Treahearne
3. Logan
4. Queen Jennah

BUT MY SUPER SERIOUS GUESS…

LIVIA (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Livia)

She had/has the Scepter of Orr when we last left her. That’s where I’m betting my 5g.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Mr. Sparkles!

Of course, not every race would have met him… but they will soon feel his iron fist crushing them!

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Posted by: Jeahanne.5209

Jeahanne.5209

Actually, I came here looking for an answer, but having read the post from Anet about this nemesis, it turned into a suspicion.

It was seeing an odd Asura walking near the Pact Flack Cannons near the vista and entrance to Trionic Lattice before the Claw of Jormag Pre-Event, and I’d never seen it before. It got me curious as to what it was for and if anyone else had seen it. It’s name was “Sassy (something I don’t remember, Theta maybe?)” and it had a large five-pointed gold star above its head like some important NPCs do. Talking to it did nothing, it just said something to the effect of, “Oh you saw me? That’s surprising, I thought I was invisible to people like you.” and kept walking. I’ve tried finding it again but I haven’t seen it since. I’m starting to wonder if this isn’t the Nemesis that people are talking about?

(edited by Jeahanne.5209)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Could be.

I know i’ve seen a few NPC’s like that as well.

Posted by: Voxdeus.1034

Voxdeus.1034

I already have a personal nemesis. His name is Trahearne.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

any foe overly obscured in particle effects would earn the role of my personal nemesis
such a drag getting old

The first thing that popped into my head was GW1 style doppelganger. I wonder if that is because I linked Ascended gear and Ascension (in GW1 your avatar becomes ascended by defeating their doppelganger). Don’t think that will be the case though.

I am trying to picture how the writers will develop the sense that this nemesis hates my guts and not just heroes (ok, maybe hero is a bit smug) in general.

I know! A mesmer with lots of clones all obscured with particle effects!

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Some grand-cub of Bonfaaz Burntfur.

Stone Summit dwarves who had gone underground to avoid the ritual to become stone, continued to enslave dredge, are in cahoots with those wacky Cathedral of Flame Charr and smell of rotten Iboga Petals.

Or my worst nightmare: Gwen’s great grand-daughter is evil.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Avatar.1923

the same toon as you in evil version.

Posted by: Ratchet.5416

Ratchet.5416

I just want Gaheron Baelfire to get a sneaky resurrection in and come back, but… sassy does not quite sound like him.

Sounds like an inquest girl, somehow.

Vote Gnashblade!
And revive Baelfire.

Posted by: ceg.2587

ceg.2587

someone who lives in the cave full of shipwrecks beneath the sewers-perfect villians hideout.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Im going to bet that based on GW1 refferences and the fact it was hinted GW1 players would get this im going to bet, and strongly so, its Lazarus the Dire, the last surviving mursaat (known to anyway).
Given his backstory and his vow that “Countless generations would suffer” he is a logical antagonist for the choice since he promised this vow would afflict ‘everyone’ not just humans.

Some might say it might not be recognisable to GW2 players but I would argue it could very well make “alot” of sense, Lazarus had an extremely passionate desire to uphold his vow and it would make sense he becomes a reoccuring antagonist (and awesome because Mursaat are fun).

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I just heard from a legitimate source that it’s Kilroy Stonekin, back from the dead. He already punched his way through all his foes, everything in the afterlife too, and now he’s come back to knuckle sandwich our noggins into peanut butter taffy just for kicks. I for one welcome a good fist full of whoopazz even if it is aimed at my swollen melon.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: Boatdrinks.2546

Boatdrinks.2546

Can I kill Traehearne?