who's your favorite character?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Of the base game? Seiran by far. Very quirky and fun personality and I genuinely miss her.

Of the entire game including the living story? Taimi, she’s so bad kitten and witty despite her physical disadvantages.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)

Posted by: DesertSong.5603

DesertSong.5603

Scarlet. Because evil psychotic girl plant thing

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

Tybalt.

rest in pepperonis

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I wonder who is the favourite character of a dev?

Probably queen Jenna.

Oh…behave!…. I know what you mean… (I guess)…

the whole story would be much shorter when queen Jenna, with her random über-mesmer abilities, instead of Trahearne would lead the Pact. XD
(I still think the Marshall is okay… but “Queen Jenna saves world” would probably have a similiar flavor as sailormoon. which would be pretty funny.)

I forgot Rox.
she’s cool. I like her. she’s not my favorit of DE2.0.(that being Braham) but she’s much cooler than the other girls.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I think my favorite is Scholar Magg (you see him in Citadel of Flame).

I just love the way he talks, and his love of explosives has a certain… charm to it. XD

In general I just like a few of the Asura characters you see around. They tend to have the most crazy, mad scientist type personalities.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Eir, Rytlock, Caithe, Forgal, Malyck. I liked Marjory when she first appeared but something has changed and now she’s a little boring. Maybe because she was the boss and now my crew of ignorant know-nothings are the boss.

And, I don’t mind Trahearne, but I have a lot of Sylvari so I’m used to seeing him. With the tweaks to the personal story I’ve even stopped calling him Treehearne to myself.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

Tybalt of course.

then Rytlock
Rox
Taimi

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Tybalt as he’s just the right balance of seriousness and childish enthusiasm mixed with a good dose of humour. I genuinely cared for him.

Zojja then Taimi as I just love the Asuran attitude and those two seem to me to epitomise the whole race.

Oh and Eir but for an entirely different reason.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

Palawa joko, but instead of going there(elona) we are going into silverwastes V2.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Marjory and Kasmeer.

Their interaction is a lot of fun, though I used to like it a lot more before they made it “obvious” that they’re a couple. It was always pretty obvious, so it felt a bit soap opera that they had to harp on it so much because apparently some players didn’t get it.

They’re awesome.

Since that’s first and second place taken, third is I guess Frostbite, as the pillar of the second NPC team and the only one not constantly standing in AE stuff.

Jory: you’re saying your clothes are an illusion and you are actually naked?
Kas: yes. Is that a problem?
Jory: not at all!

:-D

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Zojja and Snaff

Posted by: Castigator.3470

Castigator.3470

I like Galina Edgecrusher and Snarl Backdraft. These two have made an their appearance in “Test your Metal” and have been sent on missions together, since the adaptation of the ghostbore cannon/turrets.
The other team I like to recruit are the crazy engineers Barron and Fero. These two are so quirky that you can’t help but forget the dragons for a moment to try and process their language.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Some of my favourites are Logan, Eir, Anise and Canach. Logan because he’s kind of the paladin type and I tend to like those, same for Eir as the redhead ranger gal. :p I also liked how her past heroic adventures brought harsh consequences, in that she’s been a crappy mum and completely estranged from her son. Anise I like because she’s just an enigma, I have the feeling she is and knows far more than she lets on. The pairing of her and Canach (who I thought was kinda meh in S1) was brilliant and entertaining.

Opposed to many here, I have absolutely nothing with Tybalt. I think he could be a fairly entertaining character in some side story, but he felt completely out of place in an ancient and dead serious organisation like the Order of Whispers, it was like watching a Goofy cameo in a Lord of the Rings movie or something. I much preferred the morally grey stuff that Ihan did, like planting a bunch of undead attracting torches near a pirate camp and commenting that they’re scum anyway, thematically spot on for the Order of Whispers.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Zommoros. I will say anything to flatter him

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Galina and Snarl are quite funny to listen to in they way they bicker.

Smodur The Unflinching is also quite an interesting character. I think its comical how dismissive and jaded he is of everything. Like when Rytlock goes into The Mists to chase Sohothin, the Player Character and Rox are freaking out, and Smodur is just like, “lol, he’ll be k. Lets go home.” before walking off.

Braugit is hilarious. I think hes the only character ive ever seen the Player Character actively attempt to torment. But then again, if I met somebody who is scared of cows of all creatures, i’d poke fun at them also.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Treharne. Wait. Why are you all looking at me like that? (steps nervelessly towards the door) I’ll just get my coat———- TAXI !!!!!

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

By far my favourite character is Rytlock, and I like him 5x more just because of his ‘you cant trust sylvari, they belong to the dragon now’ line. That one line made me see watching the HoT trailer for the first time as the most amazing moment in the game so far. I hope to see a lot of him in the story of heart of thorns and I probably will, it would be awesome to see him as maybe the only survivor in Destiny’s Edge and him joining our group, though I would prefer to see him leading us rather that the other way round.

Every other character, to be honest, I couldn’t care less about. They can be killed off or do whatever and I simply wouldn’t care. That is not to say I dislike the story, because I absolutely love it, it’s just that Rytlock is the only actual character that I really care about, everyone else can be changed for someone else and I wouldn’t mind. If they did that to Rytlock I would be massively disappointed.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anise.
15chars.

yeah count Anise to, and that isnt her real form, she is much much older.

Wonder if she is some sorta gw1 character in disguise all over this years….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

King Adelbern until the Great Northern Wall and Ascalon City have been rebuilt.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

By far my favourite character is Rytlock, and I like him 5x more just because of his ‘you cant trust sylvari, they belong to the dragon now’ line.

I genuinely don’t get how this line made you like him more. It is a) a sweeping generalization (you could even say “borderline racist”, but it’s kinda silly to go there when we’re talking about pure fantasy fiction), and b) definitely untrue, unless ArenaNet forces all sylvari players to be buddies with the Mordrem in HoT, and that’s extremely unlikely.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Tybalt is sure NR1 for most players ^^
Anet do your thing you no what we want :p

Posted by: Charlie.1726

Charlie.1726

1. Countess Anise – mysterious and likeable character, mesmerizing voice.

2. Kasmeer & Marjory – because kitten :O

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Alastia Crow is kind of cool IMO.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Lord Faren. He makes me laugh.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Carys. Tegwen. Larra. The mentor trinity of Forgal, Seiran, and Tybalt. Apatia. Kasmeer and Marjory…eh, that’s it. (shrug)

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Season 2 Canach.

probably this^^

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Prince Rurik.

A bold and fearless leader who (despite frequently running ahead of players in GW1 missions,) was a truly admirable character who led many of his people across the land to safety at the expense of his own life. Sorry Logan Thackery, you’ll never be half as good as Prince Rurik imo

I really hope Rytlock is able to channel Rurik in HoT, which could lead to an epic story arc explaining how he’s finally able to embrace the full power of Rurik’s sword! If they don’t include this in HoT, all I have to say is this:

“Rurik, noooooo…..”

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

1 – My main char.
2 – Ellen Kiel while she was still lionguard and not a politician.
3 – Rox/Kasmeer/Anise
4 – The shouter in Hoelbrak (Take heed!)

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

1. Kasmeer <3
2. Rox (Those EYES)

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

By far my favourite character is Rytlock, and I like him 5x more just because of his ‘you cant trust sylvari, they belong to the dragon now’ line.

I genuinely don’t get how this line made you like him more. It is a) a sweeping generalization (you could even say “borderline racist”, but it’s kinda silly to go there when we’re talking about pure fantasy fiction), and b) definitely untrue, unless ArenaNet forces all sylvari players to be buddies with the Mordrem in HoT, and that’s extremely unlikely.

It is not really what he says, but more of the way it was said and the context of it. Before that line, caithe was saying ‘we can break free from destiny, it will require strength, strategy and insight’ which felt like ‘this is what needs to happen’ and then when it switched to Rytlock with that line it felt like ‘but this is what actually happens’. Also, I really liked it because even with all the teaser images with Rytlock in, I was really worried that he wouldn’t come back from the mists and seeing him there was a big relief for me. I enjoyed the way he killed all those mordremoth husks after the line as well, made me look forward to HoT a lot more that I would have if that line was left out of the trailer.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Countess Anise – She’s an enigma. Far the most intriguing character I have seen in GW2. Can we please have a mini of her? One that talks preferably as she has a divine voice.

Anx

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

Buggs Bunny.

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

Snaff – I always bow to his statue
Taimi
Eir
Tybalt + Sieran

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Zojja, Rytlock and Tybalt. Everyone else can go to hell. Especially Logan Thackeray.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Feeling that HoT will feature Canach as a major character, I think Canach is my favorite.

He’s not in any major plot, he’s just somewhat involved (kidnapping, running away, living). The kitten he went through and how it hardened him made him really kitten.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Honestly, I think they’re all pretty badly written and completely forgettable.

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

Taimi without a doubt. She’s an adorable asura that’s both smart and childlike in equal measures. It’s clear her writers put a lot of thought into her character, and her disability makes us want to protect her all the more.

Also, I love the voice actor for her.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Taimi without a doubt. She’s an adorable asura that’s both smart and childlike in equal measures. It’s clear her writers put a lot of thought into her character, and her disability makes us want to protect her all the more.

Also, I love the voice actor for her.

agree she so adorable
it will pain my heart if her decease spread more true her body and maybe she die QQ

and braham will totaly lose it. braham is her guardian angel

and i think braham will play a major role in HOT take care of taimi and looking for his mother and garm how strong is he ??

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Ogden’s Hammer guy.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

If we’re talking about Guild Wars in general it’s without a doubt Prince Rurik. He was a true hero.

If it has to be GW2, I’d say Taimi. I like her clever character and how she isn’t as clueless as the other members of DE 2.0. Also I found her troubles with Councillor Phlunt (may he trip over his own robes) very relatable.

Oh, and Ogden Stonehealer. I already liked him in GW1 and I’m glad to see that he hasn’t lost his touch during the last 250 years or so.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I love Trahearne.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I love Trahearne.

Oh, Honey!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Tybalt was my favorite as well. I play games for fun, so it takes a lot for me to suspend disbelief in a game. The ones that try, I usually end up thinking that they’re taking themselves way too seriously for a game. The light-hearted approach they took with Tybalt was perfect, and got me engrossed enough into the story that the Claw Island mission really hit me.

Zojja then Taimi as I just love the Asuran attitude and those two seem to me to epitomise the whole race.

Oh and Eir but for an entirely different reason.

Zojja… Forgive me but I love Felicia Day in her The Guild series. Her voice and speaking style is perfect for a character who is lost and overwhelmed and blindly groping around trying to get by. It doesn’t really work for a character who’s supposed to be overconfident to a fault.

Eir I thought was the biggest missed opportunity. As the original leader of Destiny’s Edge, her story with her grappling with her failure as a leader and the death of one of her followers and friend has probably the most potential for a memorable story arc in the game. Unfortunately they weren’t able to pull it off and she’s mostly forgettable.

Countess Anise – She’s an enigma. Far the most intriguing character I have seen in GW2. Can we please have a mini of her? One that talks preferably as she has a divine voice.

Anise is too enigmatic IMHO. I wonder if she really supports Queen Jenna, or if she’s working on some machinations behind the scenes to overthrow the Queen and take over the world Scarlet-style.

Scarlet is my personal fav, cos she tried to rekt this candyplace named Tyria, and they gave her best toys in game, best story in game, and best game experience for players while her living story events had place.

I thought Scarlet’s character was too one-dimensional (too much pure chaos). But I’ll admit it was amusing fighting against an evil and insane Twilight Sparkle. (Same voice actress – Tara Strong.)

Treharne. Wait. Why are you all looking at me like that? (steps nervelessly towards the door) I’ll just get my coat———- TAXI !!!!!

I don’t think Trahearne was that bad. His problem was his role in the story set incredibly high expectations. Starting from a simple bookworm and rising to the leader of The Pact requires an epic story and buildup to be believable. Traherane’s storyline just didn’t deliver and you feel like you’re being railroaded (or rather, watching him being railroaded). After a while it just becomes laughable.

I was fortunate enough to be able to kill him. During the krait tower event, in one of the top rooms you had to fight against a hallucination. If you went in solo, there was a chance you would get to fight (and kill) Trahearne. I’ll admit it was oddly satisfying.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Dinky. That is all.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Buggs Bunny.

Good Choice.