why are people complaining ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

3 points or 12% is just a different way of saying the same thing

Thing is its actually 5 points on the low side of the gear. Add 14 pieces of gear with the main stat as well and those numbers add up. THAT is the issue.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

That is a speculation, not an issue.

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

14% is more correct. I believe the exact number that was figured was something like 13.8% if memory serves, but that is just spling hairs.

The difference is, your +3 is just plain wrong Reggy my friend. The example item shown in the announcement itself had +5 power, +5 precion, and +3% magic find. It also had an empty slot to fill with an infusion, and we’ve found that infusions (fine grade) add another 5 to a stat. For a total of +15, and +3%.

After finding more examples than the initial one in the release, we’ve learned that the typical spread is +7, +5, +5, and the extra +5 from a fine infusion. For a total of +22… and that is per item.

+22… +3… hrm, yeah… how are those the same?

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

Regizer.1763

14% is more correct. I believe the exact number that was figured was something like 13.8% if memory serves, but that is just spling hairs.

The difference is, your +3 is just plain wrong Reggy my friend. The example item shown in the announcement itself had +5 power, +5 precion, and +3% magic find. It also had an empty slot to fill with an infusion, and we’ve found that infusions (fine grade) add another 5 to a stat. For a total of +15, and +3%.

After finding more examples than the initial one in the release, we’ve learned that the typical spread is +7, +5, +5, and the extra +5 from a fine infusion. For a total of +22… and that is per item.

Not to ruin your math but does this consider empty upgrade slots for armors/weapons?

Ravnodaus.5130

Ah ok. Though this mechanic only applies to this one dungeon so whats the problem?

The problem is that it should apply to zero dungeons.

Why? This is part of PvE content of a MMO, PvE players like to get gear upgrades. If you don’t like PvE why are you even running dungeons?

As a player that enjoys PvE. I do not like gear upgrades. I enjoy running dungeons because they offer interesting social experiences that provide quite intense action. This is the PvE Content of GuildWars 2 a supposedly different kind of MMO. If I wanted gear-progression based game I’d go to certain other MMOs out there, where you have 14+ tiers of gear available to you.

And whats stopping from enjoying PvE as it is? You do realize that at this point in time around 0 people have new tier of gear and yet they still are doing the new dungeon and are still praising it as one of better achievements of GW2 team.

You’re confusing two issues. The new tier of armor, and the new dungeon. I know, I know, there is a very real relationship between the two things…. but one is not the same thing as the other and you shouldn’t interchange them so cavalierly.

The outrage is not directed at all at the new dungeon. Some people like, some don’t, many simply love it. That’s fine and good. The issue people are getting all crazy over is the new tier of gear, the complete reversal of philosophy in the game, the power creep, the precedent.

GW2 now has a gear treadmill. Last week it really didn’t. The change has very dire implications for the future of the game, long reaching implications.

Isn’t it the first time they added new gear sets? You can’t really call this a treadmill…

Its the precedent and its opening the door for the future. As ArenaNet stated
“This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.” – Linsey Murdock

First level as in first set of items, like there are multiple exotic dungeon sets there will be multiple ascended gear sets

No again you’re wrong still.

“First level” is refering to item grade. The initial infusions are of the"fine" grade. Later infusios will be of higher quality… ie masterwork, rare, exotic… even ascended and potentially eventually legendary or some other new level they invent down the road.

Fine quality is +5 to a stat, and +5 agony resistance. There are some other variants too. But along that power level. And that is fine quality. Imagine an Ascended quality version, and you will quickly see that the power is creeping, and is going to keep creeping steadily for the forseeable future.

Why? Gives needed gear…

Ravnodaus.5130

Not to ruin your math but does this consider empty upgrade slots for armors/weapons?

Your question is irrelevant in the way you ask it. But to answer the question I think you are trying to ask, yes, it accounts for the total difference in stats possible, not just the difference of an empty exotic vs empty ascended.

An upgraded Exotic ring with an exotic jewel will have 22 less stats than an Ascended ring with a fine infusion.

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

Actually it does. Current item for example is 14/14/20+15/15/25 new item is 17/17/18/18/32/5%

Now that 5% may not look it but in general 1% is worth atleast +10 to a stat.

Heres an img of an ascended item.

http://imgur.com/7ReyK

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Regizer.1763

Your question is irrelevant in the way you ask it. But to answer the question I think you are trying to ask, yes, it accounts for the total difference in stats possible, not just the difference of an empty exotic vs empty ascended.

An upgraded Exotic ring with an exotic jewel will have 22 less stats than an Ascended ring with a fine infusion.

Ok so lets go from here. Assuming what you say is true then its a bigger stat upgrade. This stat upgrade is only necessary for 1 dungeon. Once again I still don’t see what all the complaints are about.

SiNoS.2147

Ok so lets go from here. Assuming what you say is true then its a bigger stat upgrade. This stat upgrade is only necessary for 1 dungeon. Once again I still don’t see what all the complaints are about.

Because it infact isent for just that dungeon. Anyone wanting to be competitive in wvw has to have this gear or be at a disadvantage.

Regizer.1763

Because it infact isent for just that dungeon. Anyone wanting to be competitive in wvw has to have this gear or be at a disadvantage.

Wrong. You do not NEED this gear for WvWvW, if anything you WANT it. And in that way Arena Net has succeded.

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

Many people are thinking, “Anet went back on their word”/“Anet changed their fundamental philosophy for GW2”. To an extent, I kinda feel like they had to. Yes, its nice to have a game feel less grindy and have the content spread throughout the game instead of focusing MAINLY on the end game. …But the problem is, its an MMO. Its meant to be ongoing. If your player base, or the majority of them, begin reaching the level cap and have nothing to retain them, many will just plain leave the game. Less people on servers means less people paying for gemshop items which means less money in the bank for Anet. It is, after all, a business.

It’s nice, I agree, that there is so much fun and content for 1-79. I hit 80 though and ran around and completed the 2 zones that are just for level 80 and my brain said to me, "This sucks. Now I’ve done all the ‘work’ for this character and she goes in the mothballs and gets hidden in the closet because….There’s no more adventure for her. I’m glad there’s no real dungeon grind. Its the one thing I truly hated about WoW. Grind dungeon for gear to grind more dungeons to raid to get gear to raid some more… Yuck. That said, there has to be SOMETHING for those level 80 characters to do besides revisit old zones they’ve already completed or endlessly gather materials to craft items they don’t really need anymore.

I personally enjoy crafting, but I have quite a few friends/family members who also play this, and other mmos, who absolutely hate crafting. For them, what’s left at 80 is a chore more than fun.

I’m not purposely trying to troll here if that’s how it seems, but I’d love to see some viable options to keep those people (who unlike me who is an altaholic and will just reroll over and over again) entertained in a game world they love, but have nothing left to do in… So Anet added a new gear set and a dungeon set for them. Its not a requirement of the game. Why wouldn’t a person who didn’t like the new content/concept just skip it?

SiNoS.2147

Wrong. You do not NEED this gear for WvWvW, if anything you WANT it. And in that way Arena Net has succeded.

Ok then once people have full sets let see you go into WvW without it. You will notice a massive power gap. You do NEED this gear. Your full of false info.

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

Ok then once people have full sets let see you go into WvW without it. You will notice a massive power gap. You do NEED this gear. Your full of false info.

How so? I’ve taken my level 8 elementalist into WvW and had no issues living, competing and playing through the area. So you have more of a challenge to overcome. Its still a choice.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

You are trying to hypnotize Lou Costello here. There is a reason why it won’t work.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Regizer.1763

Oh I can 1 up that, how about by the time full set is out, I will go into WvWvW naked and record me playing. Hell I don’t even need to wait that long I can go and enjoy some naked WvW right now.

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

A new tier of gear (1 item) was released that adds a whopping 3 more stats to current best gear. Apparently this a low blow to the community.

Tell the truth.

That is the truth as far as I know

You’re wrong then. It has been calculated that non-max ascended is already 14% better than exotic. thats with FINE infusions. wait til you get masterwork, rare, exotic, ASCENDED infusions.

Sure new tier means its better, so what?

Lol regizer, since this update im seeying many more kiddies in this forums trolling threads, first they say its insignificant and when proven wrong they say “so what”?
As if they think we are ignorants and will forget that you were proven wrong, NT.

Regizer.1763

A new tier of gear (1 item) was released that adds a whopping 3 more stats to current best gear. Apparently this a low blow to the community.

Tell the truth.

You’re wrong then. It has been calculated that non-max ascended is already 14% better than exotic. thats with FINE infusions. wait til you get masterwork, rare, exotic, ASCENDED infusions.

Lol regizer, since this update im seeying many more kiddies in this forums trolling threads, first they say its insignificant and when proven wrong they say “so what”?
As if they think we are ignorants and will forget that you were proven wrong, NT.

It only makes sense to say “so what” when it’s insignificant, little guy. Did you earn that gold star this week that I can be so proud of?

Posted by: Greep.6394

Greep.6394

Yeah isn’t it great how “50+ per piece totalling over +300” magically becomes “3” when you want it to suit your argument.

Seriously. Come on. You aren’t convincing anyone.

Regizer.1763

Yeah isn’t it great how “50+ per piece totalling over +300” magically becomes “3” when you want it to suit your argument.

Isn’t it great to make up random numbers? I know that you know that feel.

Greep.6394

FINE. Back in 10, getting a screenshot. But sheesh, you’ve seen them, you know how to add, so why are you lying?

Regizer.1763

FINE. Back in 10, getting a screenshot. But sheesh, you’ve seen them, you know how to add, so why are you lying?

I’ll be asleep in 10 so I hope you’re a bit faster than that

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

lol at people who think gear and lvls dont matter in WvW

well, technically you could go there at lvl 8 and naked too, but lvl 80s are just that much more effective

lvl 80s in exotics could easily solo 2 >80 chars
my personal best was downing 5 >80 chars solo

tell me that gear and lvls dont matter in WvW

this new ascended gear is gonna be a big deal in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I just wanted to point out the post a Dev made in regards to Ascended gear as people still think that they made some sort of dramatic change (Which it really isn’t). Sure it’s an upgrade but a small one, plus they don’t intend on adding new gear continiously but rather to create a tier between legendary and exotic that can be used to modify using infusions for specific gameplay rather than runes. Makes sense to me.

I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores.

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director

As for end game I think there is plenty there to do but a lot of people rushed to the end of the game rather than enjoying the journey there. Anet has said from the start that playing the game at any level is the end-game, They even initially considered not having levels at all yet still people rushed to end-game.

That said though there is still plenty to do at end-game from explorable dungeons, getting weapons/armour that you want and now with the new fractals dungeon it’ll give the more hardcore pve’ers a challenge to get to the highest level in that dungeon in the world.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

SiNoS.2147

How so? I’ve taken my level 8 elementalist into WvW and had no issues living, competing and playing through the area. So you have more of a challenge to overcome. Its still a choice.

Sure you can do it but a level 8 will be smashed when caught by a 80. On my guard if i rush into the other zerg i find out real quick if its lowbies or not as if they are low level they are dead in a hurry. I dident mean you couldent go in with lower stuff. I ment in order to compete you do infact need this new gear. As for naked you would be dead in a hurry against anyone familar with wvw.

Greep.6394

Okay here we go, it’ll take me a while to find the correlating exotic + jewel for this, but this has way way way way way more stats than the other than just +3, especially considering the stats shown at the bottom:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71358-lunaria-circle-of-the-moon

Furthermore, you can just compare the database ascended items with exotic and see for yourself.

(edited by Greep.6394)

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

Tell the truth.

It only makes sense to say “so what” when it’s insignificant, little guy. Did you earn that gold star this week that I can be so proud of?

Which then means it makes no sense because insignificant would mean 0% having 1 more damage than someone else is an increase that ppl will go for, thats how the gaming community rolls and youre nothing but a troll as once again your post fail to make any point and u still are proven wrong.
Also i liked the way u called me a little guy when u dont know my height stature however i can easelly see from your posts youre just a kid, be it mentally or physically.

SiNoS.2147

Okay here we go, it’ll take me a while to find the correlating exotic + jewel for this, but this has way way way way way more stats than the other than just +3, especially considering the stats shown at the bottom:

Just to note those bottom stats only work in the dungeon. But the rest of it still is out of dungeon stats.

Ravnodaus.5130

Isn’t it great to make up random numbers? I know that you know that feel.

Estimate of course, as a full set has not been revealed. But, the basis for these numbers is sound, that the difference in stats between gear tiers is fairly consistent, and that the difference between what ascended gear we have seen and the same exotic versions falls in line with typical gear quality variation. Keeping that in mind, using a berserker stat allotment, simply because it can most easily be summarized by “dps”… upgrading from exotic to full ascended will net you ~ 25-30% more dps.

I’m sincerely not trying to skew numbers here. I could pull some random numbers out of my kitten and just say some ridiculous amount. Like I said, there is some estimation in the math to get to that figure, but it is all backed by logical conclusions based on current data. 25-30% more dps.

I really don’t care if you swallow that dose of truth, or if you prefer to keep on your blinders and charge forward with whatever ideas about the issue you may hold.

To people who have theory crafted and number crunched… the scale of power difference is pretty obvious.

Why? Gives needed gear…

Ravnodaus.5130

Just to note those bottom stats only work in the dungeon. But the rest of it still is out of dungeon stats.

Is that accurate? What is your sorce for this info?

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

The bottom stats are the infusion which only works in the dungeon…

Ravnodaus.5130

1. Thank you for not answering my question.
2. That is not the infusion, as it does not have agony resistance.

So… what makes you think infusions only function in the dungeon?

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

1: How did i not answer your question?
2: Granted at 2nd glance i dont see agony resistance but at the same time looking at the total stats up top in green there is no magic find, there is also no open infusion slot on that item which leaves me to beleave that might be an offensive infusion which in just the name leads me to the thought it might not actually have agony resistance.

Well its been stated that infusions work to counter the effects of dungeon. From that imo, its not fact, the infusion’s only work in agony dungeon’s. As i’ve yet to see proof to the contrary ill stay with that thought. Otherwise Ascended gear is even worse than what i initially thought. Yes i am actually against ascended gear btw.

Greep.6394

2: Granted at 2nd glance i dont see agony resistance but at the same time looking at the total stats up top in green there is no magic find, there is also no open infusion slot on that item which leaves me to beleave that might be an offensive infusion which in just the name leads me to the thought it might not actually have agony resistance.

Well its been stated that infusions work to counter the effects of dungeon. From that imo, its not fact, the infusion’s only work in agony dungeon’s. As i’ve yet to see proof to the contrary ill stay with that thought. Otherwise Ascended gear is even worse than what i initially thought. Yes i am actually against ascended gear btw.

These are not infusions. Go to the database and do a search on infusions (be sure to click item not skill), they all have agony resist.

All items in the database are raw, unupgraded things. I.e. no jewels on thew exotics, no infusions on the rings, no runes on the armor, etc.

SiNoS.2147

These are not infusions. Go to the database and do a search on infusions (be sure to click item not skill), they all have agony resist.

All items in the database are raw, unupgraded things. I.e. no jewels on thew exotics, no infusions on the rings, no runes on the armor, etc.

Thing about the item database’s are they are notorious for having the wrong info on items.

Although that being said i did look threw it and just realized the item you linked would be the upgrade to the triforge Pendant in ring form, (http://www.gw2db.com/items/924-triforge-pendant), also added to that they link there stats differently in that database. So yes i am mistaken those bottom stats are infact the 2nd set of stats that these items have.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Greep.6394

Thing about the item database’s are they are notorious for having the wrong info on items.

Usually not substantially. We’re about to find out real soon, and the odds are very badly against us.

Well you guys who are still playing anyways.

SiNoS.2147

Usually not substantially. We’re about to find out real soon, and the odds are very badly against us.

Well you guys who are still playing anyways.

Eh look one post up. I made an edit to it :/.

Greep.6394

Ah yeah, the trifogre is a bit of an anomaly though. They’ve actually said in a blog somewhere that they didn’t plan on making the triforge into a corresponding ascended yet, so I’m not sure if that comparison is accurate.

It’d be best to compare any of the other ascended rings versus other exotics rings for a more accurate picture.

SiNoS.2147

Ah yeah, the trifogre is a bit of an anomaly though. They’ve actually said in a blog somewhere that they didn’t plan on making the triforge into a corresponding ascended yet, so I’m not sure if that comparison is accurate.

It’d be best to compare any of the other ascended rings versus other exotics rings for a more accurate picture.

Then your best off using (http://www.gw2db.com/items/71372-bagh-nakh) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s)

EDIT: Wow i really cant copy and past the proper links today. Here we go proper items.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Ravnodaus.5130

Then your best off using (http://www.gw2db.com/items/71372-bagh-nakh) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s)

EDIT: Wow i really cant copy and past the proper links today. Here we go proper items.

That is even moreextreme than I had initially thought.

+7, +5, +3, +3, +1%, +1%. And an infusion slot. 12 primary, 6 secondary, and 2% secondary…. and with a fine infusion another 5. The 2% would be likely a 6 if a non% stat type… so, 27 stat points better with only a fine quality infusion…

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

+7, +5, +3, +3, +1%, +1%. And an infusion slot. 12 primary, 6 secondary, and 2% secondary…. and with a fine infusion another 5. The 2% would be likely a 6 if a non% stat type… so, 27 stat points better with only a fine quality infusion…

Ya and this is why me and others are in such an uproar over this. When you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58001-ruby-mithril-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26410-beryl-orb-s) you see that its a +8, +6, +5, +1, +1% which is a total of a 20 point stat boost with a 1% boost from rare to exotic. Where as this new ascended is a 18 point stat boost with a 2% boost from exotic to ascended. Everyone already admits the difference from rare to exotic is noticeable what do you thing basically the same change from exotic to ascended is going to be.

Ravnodaus.5130

Ya and this is why me and others are in such an uproar over this. When you compair (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26447-exquisite-beryl-jewel-s) to (http://www.gw2db.com/items/58001-ruby-mithril-ring) and (http://www.gw2db.com/items/26410-beryl-orb-s) you see that its a +8, +6, +5, +1, +1% which is a total of a 20 point stat boost with a 1% boost from rare to exotic. Where as this new ascended is a 18 point stat boost with a 2% boost from exotic to ascended. Everyone already admits the difference from rare to exotic is noticeable what do you thing basically the same change from exotic to ascended is going to be.

Oh trust me, I’m in the same boat. Do not want. Feeling betrayed and swindled. I’m trying to remain as objective as possible though, and work on making sure everyone is on the same page as far as what the introduction of this new tier of gear really means. Which is going to end up being around 375 stat increase minimum, another good chunk of weapon damage, and armor. I’m predicting 25-30% dps increase in full berserk ascended vs exotic… because of the way power, precision, and crit damage scale so well off of one another, the higher you stack them the more powerful they all become, combined by the fact the ascended tier weapon if it follows gear quality trends (even slightly) will increase damage by 10%+ all on its own.

People are going to notice. Maybe not right away, most people lack the foresight to see the implications of changes… but when a warrior 100 blades them for over 30k… they’ll notice. Or a thief backstabs them for 15k+ again… (plus another 12k from mug and C&D)… But hey… it isn’t like anyone likes wvw, and certainly no one would use ascended gear out in the open fields of battle, right? It is going to be a trainwreck.

Oh right… hmm, I’m not doing so great at remaining neutral >.<

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

Oh trust me, I’m in the same boat. Do not want. Feeling betrayed and swindled. I’m trying to remain as objective as possible though, and work on making sure everyone is on the same page as far as what the introduction of this new tier of gear really means. Which is going to end up being around 375 stat increase minimum, another good chunk of weapon damage, and armor. I’m predicting 25-30% dps increase in full berserk ascended vs exotic… because of the way power, precision, and crit damage scale so well off of one another, the higher you stack them the more powerful they all become, combined by the fact the ascended tier weapon if it follows gear quality trends (even slightly) will increase damage by 10%+ all on its own.

People are going to notice. Maybe not right away, most people lack the foresight to see the implications of changes… but when a warrior 100 blades them for over 30k… they’ll notice. Or a thief backstabs them for 15k+ again… (plus another 12k from mug and C&D)… But hey… it isn’t like anyone likes wvw, and certainly no one would use ascended gear out in the open fields of battle, right? It is going to be a trainwreck.

Oh right… hmm, I’m not doing so great at remaining neutral >.<

Ya dont remember where i seen it but on zerker set its estimated like a 60% boost to crit damage for the entire set.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

Ravnodaus.5130

Ya dont remember when i seen it buy on zerker set its estimated like a 60% boost to crit damage for the entire set.

I’m estimating closer to 30% extra crit damage, myself. With about 180 power, and 90 precision. So an increase in almost 5% crit rate, 20% extra “base” damage from power. All netted up.. around 25-30% more than someone in exotics, and another 10% from the base weapon damage going up. Sum difference will be right around 40% more dps.

That’s my personal estimate, anyway. I’m not sure I even care enough to do a full write up of the maths or why I picked which numbers are most likely, like some of my other maths explanation posts in the past. Maybe I’ll d a full write up though, despite it seeming drudgingly painful atm, which is odd because I usually enjoy it.

Why? Gives needed gear…

SiNoS.2147

Ya dont remember when i seen it buy on zerker set its estimated like a 60% boost to crit damage for the entire set.

I’m estimating closer to 30% extra crit damage, myself. With about 180 power, and 90 precision. So an increase in almost 5% crit rate, 20% extra “base” damage from power. All netted up.. around 25-30% more than someone in exotics, and another 10% from the base weapon damage going up. Sum difference will be right around 40% more dps.

That’s my personal estimate, anyway. I’m not sure I even care enough to do a full write up of the maths or why I picked which numbers are most likely, like some of my other maths explanation posts in the past. Maybe I’ll d a full write up though, despite it seeming drudgingly painful atm, which is odd because I usually enjoy it.

The one i saw was done with stats simular to rings and such instead of runes/sigil’s added to armor and weapons.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

If there was any justice the next pieces of Ascended would be available only through WvW. The outrage of PVE-only dungeon runners would make for some serious entertainment on this forum.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Ravnodaus.5130

The one i saw was done with stats simular to rings and such instead of runes/sigil’s added to armor and weapons.

Yeah, I saw a similar estimate…if not the same one. I just used what I feel is a more accurate method for determining what I consider a logical procession of stats based on what little we know than the write that predicted the 60% figure. The flaw, or so I perceived it as a flaw, in their deduction was the correlation between the MF % increases in the first press release ascended ring and the calculation they used to convert that into an estimate for crit damage % stat estimate.

My estimate determined that for s they are increasing them by 1.5 rounded down. So 4 in the MF example becomes the 6% and 3% becomes 4%, which is how they got the 10% on the actual item. I think people who came up with the 60% figure assumed that 10% was the figure to break down and find the multiplier from… but I don’t believe that is the most accurate way, and that it would lead to an errant figure.

Anyway, I’m rambling. I really really think 30% is going to be extremely close to the figure we will see after the full set is revealed.

Why? Gives needed gear…

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

yes ascended gear in WvW please

i have some badges sitting there to rot

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I am forced to grind dungeons I hate to get the 20% gear I need to enjoy WvWvW. Simple..

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Ah ok. Though this mechanic only applies to this one dungeon so whats the problem?

The problem is that it should apply to zero dungeons.

Why? This is part of PvE content of a MMO, PvE players like to get gear upgrades. If you don’t like PvE why are you even running dungeons?

I only play the game to 100% THE MAP and get the titles/achievements. I will not do a dungeon after it says its done on my hero tab. So this statement above doesn’t apply to me.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

GW2 was meant to be a game where both casual and hardcore players can play all the content together. The way it is now will segregate the community.

Why couldn’t it have been infusion slots on exotics with no stat change. Then players can play the dungeons for skins and better infusions.