why are you so slow with patch's/content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

No back appearance or cloaks still.

World Events still bugging.

No way to take ownership of my guild because you have no system in place to edit guild rosters (sounds incredible amateurish tbh.)

No big balancing patches.

I cant even compact/move to collectible on the items in my backpack since I upgraded to 110 slots … I have to do it all manually for whatever reason.

But seriously, you patch so slowly… and when you do its mediocre at best.

Whats up with that?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Dear valued customer,

We, at ArenaNet, apologise for not specifically fixing your issues in priority to all the other things we have to do. We understand your concerns and that your gameplay is utterly ruined because of it. We will endeavour in the future to address your concerns before anything else. Besides, all we do here is play golf, right?

Kind regards,

Birdy’s Personal Customer Support Team (Now Hiring)

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The problems you mention exist NOT because they are are slow releasing patches and content; the problems exist precisely because they are rapidly releasing patches and content. It is the prioritization of monthly events over everything else that results in the problems players see daily in-game. For some it’s the persistent culling you now play in daily. For others it’s unbalanced professions or condi builds or bugged DE’s. Whatever your problem, it exists because Anet has committed, in error, to monthly events as a significant part of their value proposition.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Once a month for a free game is not fast for you? I think your asking way too much and over all asking for unrealistic things. Give it a year before you start to see “fast” update (realty do you want one once a week? or how about a day).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

Ignoring the sarcasm in Fiennes’ post above me…

Reality is that this is a B2P game, not a subscription-based business model, and ANet accordingly isn’t staffed with a huge marching army of developers and programmers… and probably has a lot of junior (read “cheap”) staffers handling QA. It’s fairly probable that ANet wants to be profitable, so they’re not going to staff up beyond what’s sustainable for their cash-shop revenue stream.

If you noticed (and how could you not notice), the game was released with a lot of bugs, a lot of balancing issues, a lot of load issues (see “culling”), and a lot of missing features that are in most MMORPGs… even though it went through the usual Beta testing cycles. It’s very apparent that the “Beta testing” was really just the typical marketing done by most of these development companies.

If you look at the various buglists out thee, you’ll see almost every issue you’ve ever run into, so they’re aware of them. When will they fix them? Probably not until I’ve moved on to another game… so, I’m not going to worry about them.

It’s just a game, not the end of the world.

Birdy.4816

Dear valued customer,

We, at ArenaNet, apologise for not specifically fixing your issues in priority to all the other things we have to do. We understand your concerns and that your gameplay is utterly ruined because of it. We will endeavour in the future to address your concerns before anything else. Besides, all we do here is play golf, right?

Kind regards,

Birdy’s Personal Customer Support Team (Now Hiring)

Right because ongoing lack of control over Guilds has been here since the beggining its really really bad that they can’t do anything about it.

what am i suppose to do with a bugged main cahracter that has to now manually manage 100+ items each time it fills?

and general lack of meaty content.

Birdy.4816

Ignoring the sarcasm in Fiennes’ post above me…

Reality is that this is a B2P game, not a subscription-based business model, and ANet accordingly isn’t staffed with a huge marching army of developers and programmers… and probably has a lot of junior (read “cheap”) staffers handling QA. It’s fairly probable that ANet wants to be profitable, so they’re not going to staff up beyond what’s sustainable for their cash-shop revenue stream.

If you noticed (and how could you not notice), the game was released with a lot of bugs, a lot of balancing issues, a lot of load issues (see “culling”), and a lot of missing features that are in most MMORPGs… even though it went through the usual Beta testing cycles. It’s very apparent that the “Beta testing” was really just the typical marketing done by most of these development companies.

If you look at the various buglists out thee, you’ll see almost every issue you’ve ever run into, so they’re aware of them. When will they fix them? Probably not until I’ve moved on to another game… so, I’m not going to worry about them.

It’s just a game, not the end of the world.

Dota 2, league of legends and a slew of other mmos don’t even generate revanue from a box sale so this point is absolutely moot. they have not capitilized on the gem stores potential even because they seem to be added 1 item a month instead of 10-50.

Its just like “whats going on here” this is an MMO and marketed as such, not a one time buy co-op rpg to put down after a week.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No back appearance or cloaks still.

World Events still bugging.

No way to take ownership of my guild because you have no system in place to edit guild rosters (sounds incredible amateurish tbh.)

No big balancing patches.

I cant even compact/move to collectible on the items in my backpack since I upgraded to 110 slots … I have to do it all manually for whatever reason.

But seriously, you patch so slowly… and when you do its mediocre at best.

Whats up with that?

I’m assuming this is either a troll or a joke post, but i’ll respond anyway.

GW2 has released a major patch every 4 weeks since launch. Compare this to the other 2 “major” AAA MMO’s…

SWTOR- major patch every 10-12 weeks
WoW- major patch every 20-30 weeks

After each major patch GW2 releases a series of 3-4 mini patches to correct bugs and issues that the patch originally introduced.

They’ve fixed well over 100 world events since launch and i’m sure they will contiue to do so as they identify issues.

The guild functionality is something they have stated they are working on. They are adding features as they have time. I agree it is an issue that could be improved.

There are 100 reasons NOT to do big balancing patches and they have even posted them repeatedly on these forums. They do small changes as they see fit to see what the overall effect is and then do another round of changes. You will never see large balancing changes all at once because that is an awful way to pretend to balance things and does not bring about actual balance.

When you upgraded to 110 slots did you buy specific types of bags? There are bags with all sort of functionality and compacting follows the rules of the bags. If you are using all standard bags then I would report that as a bug, though not one I have experienced.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Lol… Anet isn’t slow to release patches/content. If anything, they are really fast at it. However, what annoys me is that they keep releasing content on irrelevant things that no one really cares about. They need to concentrate on what is needed instead.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

We’ve had a patch every month…

Did they ever say they were putting cloaks in, or are you assuming?

Also, with the Guild, you can create ranks. And give specific permissions to them ranks. Meaning you could make it so you’re the only one that edits ranks / the roster ect. Although as Zudet said, it’s something they’re working on.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Lol… Anet isn’t slow to release patches/content. If anything, they are really fast at it. However, what annoys me is that they keep releasing content on things that i don’t really care about. They need to concentrate on what is needed instead.

Fixed and fixed!

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

The game launched in September. There was substantial new content released in October, November and December. A month later, a hint of new content that will set the stage for MORE NEW CONTENT. All of this free, of course.

OK, which MMOs have been more active with putting new content into the game in that time frame?

Besides, your specific complaints involve either bugs or desired mechanic tweaks and have nothing to do with new content. You have a point, but stick to the bugs and tweaks, and don’t bring up this mysterious lack of content. On that latter point, you don’t have a leg to stand on.

Posted by: Morten.5387

Morten.5387

…….
When you upgraded to 110 slots did you buy specific types of bags? There are bags with all sort of functionality and compacting follows the rules of the bags. If you are using all standard bags then I would report that as a bug, though not one I have experienced.

This is exactly what I was going to point out. Invisible bags in particular completely prevent you from depositing any collectible in that bag, and if all of them are invisible…

As far as slow patching goes, I don’t really agree. I admit that there are still several things that need to be fixed, and certain things that are a bit iffy, but I’m quite pleased with how things are coming along so far. Developing things isn’t as easy as some people like to make it out to be, and from the many f2p(b2p isn’t much of a distinction here) games I’ve played so far, this has been the most frequently updated. Though my easygoing perspective may be because I still feel that I have many things left to do.

Posted by: Lazmira.5408

Lazmira.5408

Wow Birdy you are over complaining… BUT I will at least try to explain to you that all MMOs do have problems.. This is also because people demand more in the gaming field.

Every new game you will go to will have issues, bugs, errors, bots, corruption. I do understand you are frustrated with the guild issues but a more positive function would to put that in the suggestions forum, because they may just look at that and realize that it should be a bigger priority.

I’m just going to state this now, but if you ever spy on Anet’s company building. It’s actually quite small. What does this have to do with anything you may ask? Well since i’m looking for jobs in this market, I’ve been looking at every big game company for a while now, and a lot of companies have way more employees and workers in general than Anet does. For what they’ve been updating; even though it may not make everyone happy, is to me extremely impressive with the amount of man power they seem to have.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

This is the most content a sub-free MMO ever released in such a short time span.

I actually want Anet to slow down releasing “new” content and fix/balance what we already have.
I have no use for Keg Brawl when my skills are bugged.
I don’t need housing when Invincimentalists with instant self-rez ruin my WvW balance.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Are you using an invisible bag? Compact/Deposit ignores invisible bags.

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

the myth that b2p games have a lower quaility than sub ones is a myth and in no situation an excuse. that being said, i think they’re doing a good job, though pvp needs a hard look….which takes time to sort out the actual issues from ppl just whinning.

Tinboy.7954

Lol… Anet isn’t slow to release patches/content. If anything, they are really fast at it. However, what annoys me is that they keep releasing content on things that i don’t really care about. They need to concentrate on what is needed instead.

Fixed and fixed!

Hmmm k. So I get the impression you enjoy visiting Southsun cove twiddling your thumbs and doing nothing. Or even helping refugees to get that extra achievement point.

Posted by: Coco.3021

Coco.3021

I get the feeling I’m feeding a troll just by replying to this thread, but I don’t agree at all with OP.

Undoubtedly there are still bugs in the game, but in my eyes they’re minor. On the other hand, I’m amazed (and delighted :P) by how fast the content patches are coming out. I took a few months off GW2 after getting one toon to 80 shortly after release, when I returned there was FotM, new zones, etc.

Now there’s Flame & Frost, the prelude had little new content (especially since I don’t touch spvp) but that’s just kicking off an event that will last over multiple months.

If getting new features and new content/quests each month isn’t enough, in addition to seasonal events, I don’t know what to tell you except maybe to look to other MMOs in which you’d be waiting for months at a time just for brief updates on “we are working on this vague thing, it’ll be exciting, we promise”, much less actual release of the content.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Fixed and fixed!

Hmmm k. So I get the impression you enjoy visiting Southsun cove twiddling your thumbs and doing nothing. Or even helping refugees to get that extra achievement point.

I have one of my 80 thieves parked out in Southsun killing karka for materials. And i helped all the refugees i could thx. Lots of people enjoy things that you may not find relevant. So don’t try to speak for every one :p

Tinboy.7954

Fixed and fixed!

I have one of my 80 thieves parked out in Southsun killing karka for materials. And i helped all the refugees i could thx. Lots of people enjoy things that you may not find relevant. So don’t try to speak for every one :p

Uhhh huh. And that’s why everywhere else in Southsun is empty. It’s quite obvious what most players enjoy and does not enjoy if they are not even playing the content.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Money ran out and Anet’s slowing the development.

With players leaving, gem revenue decreases, dollars no more, no paycheck, no content.

Simple as that, gg wp.

Leman

Posted by: Moderator

Reminder: we expect all community members to post their feedback in a constructive, respectful way. Threads created simply to complain, without any constructive feedback, are not acceptable.