why do Deathly Shoulders cost high?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Just curious, why do the Deathly Shoulders cost so much?

They dont look that cool compared to other shoulders on sell, but the cost is super high.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

They cost this mutch as they were realease with the halloween event ~2.5 yrs ago and supplies are running out. With dwindling numbers come bigger pricetags…

I used to have the heavy shoulders and accidentally transmuted over them I though I’d buy another one but they were 40 gold at the time and I found it too much….

Now with the wardrobe and all I’d love to have ’m but I thik I will not be abble to. well.. It happens.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

those are the skull pauldrons right? If they are.. then its cause they are only available through the TP atm so their numbers are dwindling.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Supply and Demand.
The Supply of that skin is VERY small, so any demand makes the price skyrocket.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

They were released once, ages ago, and never again. Powertraders bought up supply and relisted it at ridiculous prices. Such is the life of a rare skin.

Posted by: ErolQuest.7209

ErolQuest.7209

They were released once, ages ago, and never again. Powertraders bought up supply and relisted it at ridiculous prices. Such is the life of a rare skin.

This.
As always, rarity (suppli going down) and re-sellers… same for special dyes, for example.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Just curious, why do the Deathly Shoulders cost so much?

They dont look that cool compared to other shoulders on sell, but the cost is super high.

The supply/demand is technically correct. But it’s really because people are dumb and spend ridiculous amounts of gold on collections like the wardrobe for ugly skins.

I must admit, I love filling out the wardrobe – very addictive. I even have almost every mini – and I’m working on all the armor – but I’m not THAT desperate. To me, they’re actually WORTH like 2 gold. But that’s because they ARE ugly.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Sooner or later they will get re-released in some manner in one of future halloween events, and everyone that invested in them will lose big time. May be this year (though i doubt it – Anet is too busy with HoT), or the next one, or the next…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Fun fact: I sold all 18 of them I acquired during that Halloween event for less than 5 gold in total on the TP.

I hate my life, of course. lol

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Wait till he sees the molten jetpack…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Sooner or later they will get re-released in some manner in one of future halloween events, and everyone that invested in them will lose big time. May be this year (though i doubt it – Anet is too busy with HoT), or the next one, or the next…

Or not, they are crazy by making so many skins not accessible anymore, they will make fractal weapons easier to get but not items that you had to have 0 skill to get them, just to be at the right time and place. This is one of the worst crap I hate in games, some overpriced kitten that makes riddiculous inflactions because then these wales who hoarded these skins are inflating the whole market and make problems to new and casual players.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Or not, they are crazy by making so many skins not accessible anymore, they will make fractal weapons easier to get but not items that you had to have 0 skill to get them, just to be at the right time and place. This is one of the worst crap I hate in games, some overpriced kitten that makes riddiculous inflactions because then these wales who hoarded these skins are inflating the whole market and make problems to new and casual players.

one reason the non-gem store skins are progressively becoming more and more account bound. NCsoft’s pockets get lined in 1 of 2 situations…. 1. People buy gems with cash for something. 2. People buy gems with cash to trade for gold.

Since the gold price of a lot of items are too high, this cuts out #2 as possible revenue. To compensate for this, event awarded skins are account bound, and/or require a lot of grinding in order to keep players in the system longer.

Anything from BL chests, or bought directly gets them money through gem sales. And since the bulk of items that can be told on TP are locked behind multiple RNG tables, for every 1 skin/dye sold on TP it realistically took a few hundred dollars in key rolls to get it.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Wait till he sees the molten jetpack…

yea rub it in… i want that skin since ages and i never will get it cause the price is almost as expensive as my juggernaut was