why do you people bother with mega bosses?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

To all the people who say that doing the world bosses are “fun” and " I do them because they are designed so well, lulz" Would you still do them if there were no chest at all?

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I’ve been playing since mid-december and haven’t even seen one of these bosses yet. If it weren’t for the forums talking about them being nerfed and whatnot, I’d not even know they existed.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

To all the people who say that doing the world bosses are “fun” and " I do them because they are designed so well, lulz" Would you still do them if there were no chest at all?

Yes because I’ll even fight rune troll or champ boar repeatedly.
I kill things, I get XP, even at lvl 80 I can still get some skill points out of this leveling.
That helps with my mystic forge.
Plus I probably helped a lowbie player and that brings a smile to my face.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I would, although I’d still advocate an update to their mechanics to make them more challenging. They are however, dragons and look absolutely amazing.
So, yes I would still do them even if no chest. I consider the rare a bonus!

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

elitists these days…
why bothering to play a game, if you do not intend to have fun playing that game?
legit question.

great, rich in 1 month – nothing left to do.

i’m actually fine with that “elitist” type of uber-pro playstyle…but please stop declaring everyone who wants to enjoy every content without shouting “n00b” or calling content “waste-of-time”.
it truly is in most mmo’s tbh…if you would actually slay everything at one of those game’s instances, you’d need a whole day for half of a run.
but this is Guild Wars 2.

that ruins the fun for players who actually want to have fun.

and the reward at the end of a dungeon is actually the reward for slashing those “useless trash mobs” you just unintentionally skipped.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I would (lol NOT because they’re designed well haha) but because I like the social aspect. When I heard all the changes to the loot and times I wasn’t happy but I realized I never got anything good anyway and that’s about the same as not getting anything. My only change would be because of waypoint fees. The crap chests at least pay for that usually. Otherwise I wouldn’t travel too far for them.

Posted by: ivan.3571

ivan.3571

They are seriously a waste of time… you get one rare which you’re lucky to get 20 silver for and a bunch of other useless things that if sold will maybe total up to 25 silver…and you guys seriously spend hours waiting for these bosses to spawn…

Why do you do that?It’s so inefficient…

Doing ONE CoF run takes 6 minutes (8 if you’re on a bad pug team) and even conservatively gives you 80 silver per run…in six minutes you can make 3+ times more gold (and get tokens too) than you do waiting for hours for mega bosses…

You might say though… “but I don’t wait for hours, I just go when my guild tells me that the bosses are up”… ok, but even at that rate the best estimate to kill a mega boss would be 2 minutes per boss… add in the time to run there from waypoint, pick up your loot in the end, it probably takes 3 minutes minimum per boss, which at 25 silver per boss still only makes you 50 silver in those 6 minutes that it takes to run CoF… it probably takes a minimum of 3 silver to travel to each mega boss, so your total is a whopping 44 silver vs 80 in CoF… and on top of it all you can now only do the event once a day…while you can farm CoF till your hands fall off…

In fact… in 20 minutes of running CoF (3 runs conservatively) you can make more gold than if you did all of those mega bosses combined for the whole day…

Stop getting upset over these events, they are useless in the first place… no point getting your blood pressure up worrying about these nerfs to mega bosses… do what’s efficient… if you’ve never run CoF, it’s seriously the easiest thing ever to do… compete joke of a dungeon… you have no excuse to not try it… do 3 runs a day, get all your gold, then go enjoy the parts of the game that are actually fun instead of waiting in the swamp for hours…

idk but having final rest as a reward aint that bad… 20g instantly

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Well I sometimes do them while I’m doing others things like studying. I just have my character sit there while I study, when the boss spawns I help kill it for easy loot and then go back to doing whatever I was doing.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I’ve been playing since mid-december and haven’t even seen one of these bosses yet. If it weren’t for the forums talking about them being nerfed and whatnot, I’d not even know they existed.

Seriously?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Well I did them quite a bit before the chests got buffed(aka: Look at all the pretty greens and blues!), so yeah I’d say I do them mostly because they’re fun.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I no longer bother with the majority of world bosses. They bore me to bits tbh… My ecto gain is slower than the rest but I’d rather do something I think is fun. Not to say they aren’t fun for other people!

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Personally, I find hanging out in an area where I can talk to and meet new players and help ease their transition into Tyria to be very rewarding on its own.

Dungeon runs won’t complete my dailies most days.

I find speed runs to be the dungeoneering equivalent of toilet humor; it may entertain some but it is hollow and base compared to what I enjoy.

I play the game to have fun, not become an e-millionaire; yes, by my standards, standing around in a swamp is more fun than doing dungeon speedclears.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

They are seriously a waste of time… you get one rare which you’re lucky to get 20 silver for and a bunch of other useless things that if sold will maybe total up to 25 silver…and you guys seriously spend hours waiting for these bosses to spawn…

Doing ONE CoF run takes 6 minutes (8 if you’re on a bad pug team) and even conservatively gives you 80 silver per run…in six minutes you can make 3+ times more gold (and get tokens too) than you do waiting for hours for mega bosses…

You might say though… “but I don’t wait for hours, I just go when my guild tells me that the bosses are up”… ok, but even at that rate the best estimate to kill a mega boss would be 2 minutes per boss… add in the time to run there from waypoint, pick up your loot in the end, it probably takes 3 minutes minimum per boss, which at 25 silver per boss still only makes you 50 silver in those 6 minutes that it takes to run CoF… it probably takes a minimum of 3 silver to travel to each mega boss, so your total is a whopping 44 silver vs 80 in CoF… and on top of it all you can now only do the event once a day…while you can farm CoF till your hands fall off…

In fact… in 20 minutes of running CoF (3 runs conservatively) you can make more gold than if you did all of those mega bosses combined for the whole day…

Stop getting upset over these events, they are useless in the first place… no point getting your blood pressure up worrying about these nerfs to mega bosses… do what’s efficient… if you’ve never run CoF, it’s seriously the easiest thing ever to do… compete joke of a dungeon… you have no excuse to not try it… do 3 runs a day, get all your gold, then go enjoy the parts of the game that are actually fun instead of waiting in the swamp for hours…

Because CoF sucks and there is no LFG tool. NEXT!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Personally, I find hanging out in an area where I can talk to and meet new players and help ease their transition into Tyria to be very rewarding on its own.

Dungeon runs won’t complete my dailies most days.

I find speed runs to be the dungeoneering equivalent of toilet humor; it may entertain some but it is hollow and base compared to what I enjoy.

I play the game to have fun, not become an e-millionaire; yes, by my standards, standing around in a swamp is more fun than doing dungeon speedclears.

One of the most fun things in the game is when a newby asks what everyone’s talking about, you tell them and they show up for the event. Invariably the reaction is “Woah, are there other events like this?”
They might get bored with them later depending on their tastes, but it’s always cool being able to help someone have a good experience like that:)

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

1) do not have to party up for world bosses
2) because i do not have to party up, should i die, i can way point right away, because i am not in a party which is “in combat”
3) can form a boss zerg, because unlike dungeons, limited to a party size of 5 (if we could steam roll CoF-2 with a mass zerg rush, i think it might be funner.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Why ? Fun.

Your turn: why do you grind instances for make-believe cash ? Wouldn’t that time be better spent on a real job for real money ?

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Assume much? You assume we all are doing it just for the monetary or materialistic value. Where as a lot of us do them cause we freakin enjoy participating for the sake of fun. Fun, remember that word? You know the thing you do something for the sake of enjoyment? Or are you so monetary and materialistic hungry you forgot what the word Fun means?

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

The value judgements being made on both sides of this discussion are unhelpful and lack empathy. People derive enjoyment out of different things, and as long as they’re not harming anybody, there’s no reason they can’t be left to enjoy whatever they want. The fact that you personally derive enjoyment from one mode of gameplay and not another doesn’t make the second mode of gameplay invalid. Some people enjoy the flexible and social aspect of open-world events, other people enjoy trying to maximize their efficiency at increasing an in-game stat, what’s so weird about that?

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It isn’t a matter of it being the most efficient way to make money. It isn’t.

It’s about it being passable income, while being something you can just alt tab back in for and say “Eh, I’ll pop over for a few minutes and kill the dragon”.

Also you get to goof around with the load of other people there for a little bit, instead of your interaction being “ping zerk gear plz”

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Something to do while I do my daily? Only makes sense to do one a day now.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

It’s more interesting than running the cash treadmill in CoF1 for hours.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I do them when they’re up and someone annouces it in guild. I also occassionally do a single CoF run.

I thoroughly uninspired by most dungeons in this game. I don’t really have fun doing them. There’s far more camraderie I’ve experienced at events than I have in speed runs. Far more. Sometimes there’s almost a party or festive atmosphere.

Farming gold is among the most annoying things I can think of doing. Farming it with four strangers who I have to work together with? I’d rather solo the world, or hang with my guild.

Mind you, I don’t really get the people who wait for an hour for a boss, but I guess some of them are doing things in real life and just come and sit down when the boss has arrived.

At any rate, I don’t understand why people buy a game to farm instead of play.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Precursors drop from Dragon chests. Nuff said.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Precursors drop from Dragon chests. Nuff said.

Ha. Where’s the proof?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I can’t wait till next patch when they nerf CoF p1 rewards to be “on par” with gold gains from the rest of the game at that level.

The tears from the OP will flow.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

1) I don’t like PUGing with people who consider 8 min runs (even speed runs) “bad”. Its even worse when some party mate RQ because they didnt kill the slave driver before pre-nerf TW has expired.
2) Way more boring.
3) I enjoy playing on all my professions so that I dont lose touch with the feel of playing them. Running warrior or even mesmer and pressing the same buttons doesnt appeal to me even for the monetary rewards. Unless I am in serious need for money though.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’d rather sit waiting for SB or something for an hour than do a Guildwars 2 dungeon..

Dungeons here are not fun at all, getting a party for them sucks bad unless its cof, when inside they do not feel like skill or team work and they do cause anger and frustration..trash mobs harder than bosses, not to mention 99% of player base skips 99% of the dungeons, exploits them or wipes in them continually..

Give me an hours wait on world bosses over that any day

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

OP does CoF in 6 minutes now?
The time is going down about 2 minutes per day at this point.
I’m gonna be the first to proclaim I finished CoF in negative time. Before I actually entered the dungeon it was giving me the rewards, that’s actually how leet I am.
No seriously though… I finished it in 23 seconds.

~Tarnished Coast~