in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Why are I heres

why i 100m-net downloard only100kb

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

You will always download only so fast, as much the Servers are allowed to give you speedwise.

If you have a 100MB/Connection max, and the Server is allowed for example to give you only maximum 5 MB/S, then you will never ever download data from the Servers faster than 5 MB/S. Thats there just to protect the Servers from getting too fast hypertensive, so that as many people as possible can load the data from them at any given time.

If you crawl around then there with even much lesser speed than what the Servers allow, then this is a problem of your Internet Connection and not one of the Servers.

If you use Cable DSL from a Cable Provider, then your Internet becomes automatically slower, so more people around you use the same Cable Provider in the house and are together with you in the Internet, because then your connection gets divided up among everyone that uses the same Cable provider, like a Piece of Cake

Example:

100 MB Connection per Contract
But you have together with you like 9 other neighbours in the house, which have the same provider like you, using the same technique, due to some kind of house contract of that Cable Provider for that house.
All 10 are at the same time in the internet = Your maximum Speed gets reduced from 100 MB/S down to maximum 10 MB/S due to Cable Providers using coaxial transmission lines, which split up among all users the connection speed they can use maximum.

Then theres also the problem of distance between your position and the point from where the DSl signal is sent of.
Is that distance maybe way too big, then the signal will definetely lose power and might be weaker once it reaches you, which means that you have slower DSL Connections.
On your Contract on paper maybe will stand, that you can have maximum up to 100MB/S, but that must not be technically guaranteed alwaays, when the distances between you and the telephone switch are simply way too big.
if thats the case it can be, that eventually maximum only 50MB reach you, due to the distance beign too big. If thats the case for you, then I would talk with my provider and see that the contract gets lowered to a rate, which fits more to the maximum DSL speed that you really receive, so that you don’t pay for something, what you actually eventually don’t receive at all out of technical reasons.
Simple said, don’t trust always everything what stands on a paper in the internet branche, test things out before you make contracts.

If thats the case, that you eventually get maximum only like 50 Mb technically from your 100 MB contract, then on those 50 MB you can use again the cake principle, that the speed splits up so more people in your hosue use the same provider.

Aside from these kinds of technically limitations, if you have basically always and everywhere just only slow as snail 100kb/s in regard of downloads, from your fibreglass line, regardless if now 50 or 100 MB/s max per contract, then you definetely have a technical issue with your line and should contact the technical support line of your internet provider so that they can help you get again a faster connection, because in that case the problem lies then somewhere else on the side of the provider.

HNY

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside