why is this game getting worst!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bear.5176

Bear.5176

guild missons cost 50.000 influnce wtf anet dailys getting more grinder o by the way just bought the new charr backpack and now i cant see it on my char at all im so kitten off right now {rage}!!! no back items show on char now wow

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Worst post ever

Posted by: Belphegor.7596

Belphegor.7596

totally agree..

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

worse* not worst. I know what you mean, this patch has officially killed Anet. They nerfed everything. We now have internal cooldowns on food buffs. Everytime i see a zerg in wvw i drop down in seconds. i cant even do my dungeons on warrior anymore because of this nerf.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

Posted by: Bear.5176

Bear.5176

o sorry my spelling is bad i was mad that my charr backpack wont show on char that i bought with real money and that and the nerfs u get the point right?

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I do think the game has gotten worse since release

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

The game has gotten worse in many ways…..luckily engineer was so unfinished that it has only gotten better lol.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I understand everyone has their own opinions but how as Anet nerfed everything?

As far as class balance goes EVERY class got ONLY buffs and no nerfs; as far as I know that alone means they didn’t nerf everything.

New daily is a great improvement to what it was before, now with more variety and greater options I manage to complete daily just by playing the game, if I don’t go underwater while playing it’s fine, I don’t have to do underwater kills if I don’t want to.

Honestly people are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Now don’t get me wrong, if there’s a problem here or there I don’t ignore it, I’ve spoken my mind many times about problems, bugs and issues which greatly upset me various times – however good things are good, bad things are bad. And this patch was made of kitty orgasms.

I am sad that guild missions are so high end and my small guild will probably never do them, but hey, it’s a part of life.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

dont worry, its bugged.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

No viable warrior builds now, thats a pretty big nerf. No serious ones anyway. Sorry if that insults anyone but thats how it is.

My community 30 something members and another community we know 50 members just quit. A few of them went to TERA because you can still get benefits from buying the boxed stuff.. but I wish gw2 hadn’t failed.

And yeah, it pretty much did. Sorry, but its easy to predict the future.. you don’t have to be a psychic. All you have to do is look at the patch notes and the overall lack of real progress in the game. Things just get less fun, not moreso.

Graph it all in your mind, its a downward trend overall. There are a few shinies that distract the weak minded but other than that the patches have been trash and actually made things worse.

Hey, there will be other games. /shrug. We can always divert money that was going to be used for gems toward new games we throw away after a month.. at least its fun!

So don’t be sad.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

This game was released 6month+ to early.

JQ Druid

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

yeah sadly yess, a lot of more grind ascend items, new guild mission that only punish small guilds, nerf farms, the market prices are going more and more crazier

To me the month update just have to put new zones, weapon/armor skins, legendary, dungeons, maybe new skills or weapons to some class simple make the world bigger until a new expansion and put new “systems” tested propely, not rushed each month only to work awful.

To me is more fun discover and have to do new events or dungeons in a new zone each map that grind and grind laurels and fractal each day and each day to wait months to get my ascend items, or just feel ignored because im a in a small friendly guild.

The holiday events was fun, the best of the updates, but when they have to put “long term gameplay” they just mess with the game and the players without control, and the major issue is that they ignore the issues community feedback thinking that they are doing pretty well.

The grind fest in ascended items is a proof, grind fractal every day to get a ring or just spend 30+35+35+40+40=180 days of daily grind to get your 5 items.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I feel like the game has detracted too far away from GW1’s model. The monthly updates we got only made things feel more tedious.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

guild missons cost 50.000 influnce wtf anet dailys getting more grinder o by the way just bought the new charr backpack and now i cant see it on my char at all im so kitten off right now {rage}!!! no back items show on char now wow

huh?

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Bob.5732

Bob.5732

Well, to each their own. I know a lot of people are upset, but I got the game at launch and am still really enjoying it. I know there are many posts about disgruntled players, but generally there are many more people having fun and you just don’t realize it because they’re too busy playing the game instead of posting on the forums.

Leo Paul.1659

Well, to each their own. I know a lot of people are upset, but I got the game at launch and am still really enjoying it. I know there are many posts about disgruntled players, but generally there are many more people having fun and you just don’t realize it because they’re too busy playing the game instead of posting on the forums.

Probatio diabolica. I’ve played the game since beta, and I felt like it changed too much over a period of 6 months. It was a different matter when after getting our exotics we can focus solely on making our legendaries. When it started, dailies FELT optional, but now we have to do dailies for the sake of getting laurels or else we will get left behind in gears. Guilds meant differently then too, big guilds are not necessary in gaining equipments. Feb update has got to be the worst update yet.

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

The only thing I don’t like is how this game has become more about how much time you’ve played. If someone has a cool weapon not from a dungeon you know it’s because they’ve got at least 1000 hours played or they were super super lucky and got something other then crafting mats to drop or they bought gold with gems.

I used to be able to play GW1 for 1-2 hours everyday and feel like I got somewhere. 2 hours in GW2 feels like it gets me no where.

Leo Paul.1659

The only thing I don’t like is how this game has become more about how much time you’ve played. If someone has a cool weapon not from a dungeon you know it’s because they’ve got at least 1000 hours played or they were super super lucky and got something other then crafting mats to drop or they bought gold with gems.

I used to be able to play GW1 for 1-2 hours everyday and feel like I got somewhere. 2 hours in GW2 feels like it gets me no where.

^This exactly.. But with RNG, 10 hours vs an hour makes no difference even. 10 hours worth of gaming won’t secure you a precursor unless you plan on buying it via TP.

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

I don’t get this at all. I played GW1 over the course of the summer pretty much blitzing my way through 30 Hall of Monument points, and I can’t understand the sentiment that 2 hours got anything done. In 2 hours, at best, I managed to trudge my way through some obscenely long Mission and its bonus.

If I wanted to get anywhere close to hitting 30 HoM points starting with basically 3, I played an ungodly amount just to get it done. I had to farm my kitten off doing dungeons over and over so I could get the rare mats I needed to make my Destroyer Weapon. Then I had the fun of farming up a 2nd Oppressor weapon just to sell so I could buy minipets.

Or the fun of doing Challenge Missions over and over in order to get my Hero armor. Boy, it sure was fun defending against Destroyers in Glint’s Lair for the umpteenth time of the day. Glad that wasn’t grindy at all.

So, like I said, maybe I missed something, but I had to grind myself to dust just as much in GW1, if not MORE so than I do in GW2.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

I feel like the game has detracted too far away from GW1’s model.

Really have to agree with this. Gw1 was/still is a great game. In comparisson gw2 just feels kinda hollow after the initial awe starts to fade and it only takes about two months of serious play before you start noticing the flaws.

I say that with a really heavy heart, I loved gw and I had hoped the sequal would carry on the good work. It’s not for a lack of trying, the game had potential when it launched, there where issues but we where assured they would be fixed in time and with the promise of a gradual content updates/additions there was a lot to look forward to. Sadly there are still serious problems with the UI, enemy and pet AI, DR and loot right, bugged events and slow to non existant customer service. It’s really had a negitive impact on the game and the community.

I looked forward to this patch as a hopeful turn around but unfortunatly it’s rather lack luster. The new dailies although doable are rather eclectic, the new “flame and frost” content I was looking forward to is well, it’s two achievements and some new npcs. Guild missions, what could have been a great feature, turned out to be confusingly set up, expensive and non inclusive of a lot of people.

I’m not saying this patch has broken this game for me, I still hold out hope (flaging but hope none the less) that this this game can still pull through, but since release this game has fallen into a downward spiral. It’s sad to see it, and I really do hope things take a turn for the better. I’d hate to see the gw series crash and burn befor it even has a chance to flurish

yeah and please excuse any spelling or grammerical errors, it’s like midnight where i live and I’m tired.

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

I don’t get this at all. I played GW1 over the course of the summer pretty much blitzing my way through 30 Hall of Monument points, and I can’t understand the sentiment that 2 hours got anything done. In 2 hours, at best, I managed to trudge my way through some obscenely long Mission and its bonus.

If I wanted to get anywhere close to hitting 30 HoM points starting with basically 3, I played an ungodly amount just to get it done. I had to farm my kitten off doing dungeons over and over so I could get the rare mats I needed to make my Destroyer Weapon. Then I had the fun of farming up a 2nd Oppressor weapon just to sell so I could buy minipets.

Or the fun of doing Challenge Missions over and over in order to get my Hero armor. Boy, it sure was fun defending against Destroyers in Glint’s Lair for the umpteenth time of the day. Glad that wasn’t grindy at all.

So, like I said, maybe I missed something, but I had to grind myself to dust just as much in GW1, if not MORE so than I do in GW2.

So you did over the summer what I did playing GW1 for 6 years. Do you think you’d be able to match that in GW2?

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

So you did over the summer what I did playing GW1 for 6 years. Do you think you’d be able to match that in GW2?

If someone played GW2 as much as I played GW1 for 3 months they could:

Hit 80
Get Dungeon Master
Max their crafting professions
Get a sizeable collection of minipets
Be fully in exotics
Have at least 50g

Let’s not act like I never played GW1. I played it 6 years prior but I had picked up EotN when I decided I was going to play GW2. I knew what I was doing. I didn’t even clear Underworld, FoW, DoA, etc. None of the elite areas. I didn’t get any Vabbian armor (which is the biggest joke of a grind I’ve ever heard of for such an ugly set), I sure as hell didn’t touch obby armor (once again, a billion hours in UW isn’t exactly non-grindy, play-it-my-way stuff either), I only got a Tormented Weapon because of the Wayfarer’s Reverie event they had towards the GW2 launch date, and I didn’t feel like I accomplished anything. I did 4 campaigns and spent a hell of a lot of time having to trudge through dungeons in EotN to get the mats to make things so I could get points.

Having already played GW2 as much as I played the first, I already got my legendary, have Dungeon Master, am working towards Miniature Collector, ankittenrying to break the stigma that a small guild can’t do Guild Missions by personally putting up 100 of my own gold to pay for our influence (since we decided to switch to TC a month ago and made a new guild, else we’d probably already HAVE all the upgrades), and am helping my friend now get his precursor.

I get that GW2 has grind. But let’s not act like GW1 didn’t either. However, that game literally stopped releasing content after 2 years. That left you with 5 years to do whatever you wanted to do, without having to worry about changes. Because I want to find the man or woman who has the audacity to tell me that running around, farming mobs to get unid golds in order to get the Wisdom title track done, so that I could they could get GWAMM wasn’t a grind.

And at the very least, most of GW2’s grind is cosmetic. Me firing unicorns from my bow offers me no advantage whatsoever. Ascended gear was handled like kitten, but this fanbase has a tendency to overreact, like when they introduced Unique weapons in the first and there was a massive kittenstorm. I don’t mind grinding for cosmetics, and I don’t personally find it so insanely difficult to get enough money doing what I happen to enjoy (dungeons and crafting) in order to get enough influence so that my 8 man guild can do Guild Missions.

So to answer your question: If someone set out with the same determination into GW2 as I did with GW1, they could probably have done more in 3 months than I did.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Leo Paul.1659

People grind for the legendary not just for the skin but for the bump in stats when Ascended weapons get implemented (which, at this rate, would probably take us half a year to get one).

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

So my small guild plays together every night and does their dailies and dungeon runs before we do wvw.

First thing we noticed? Champs in Orr. we were mystified. It’s hard enough to earn your way fairly in this game, but now even harder.

Next, we head to Honor of the Waves. No mention of making it harder than before in the notes. Yet, some of the monsters summon the dogs that weren’t doing it before.

In the other large guild I’m in people are chatting about the grind for dailies and new gear. They are complaining about the changes to AC. Finally, many are complaining about class changes or in some cases, the lack thereof.

I want to love this game, especially since it was the first wvw game since DAOC that really got close to the fun again. Instead, it seems like we have a game held together by glue coming apart at the seams.

This game is now just a pay to win. Casual gamers are suffering. Wvw players are made to wait for more PVE content while their concerns are ignored. Welcome to the grind. I keep watching that video with anet developers telling us how this game would be different and they didn’t want to be another one of those MMOs. They said there would be no grind in guild wars 2.

It really is my own fault. I believed them.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The game was awesome as it was originally conceived. It was a great MMO at launch, given that all software has bugs that need to be worked out. What is troubling is not the common mistakes, but rather the missteps that Anet have consistently made since 11/15. It’s almost like another company took over for the original team and are completely oblivious to the original development vision. Yes, the game has been consistent in becoming worse with each patch. I’m personally going to give them one more try with the March patch. If it doesn’t turn things around in a large way I’ll move on. It saddens me as I truly love the game and play it daily. I never expected this from Anet.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

You know, I asked myself this question earlier today as well. But it was more on the lines of:

“What happened?”

I just don’t get it. This is not the game that was advertised and that we all paid for. It is something completely different now. It feels like false advertising in my opinion. Selling us one thing, but giving us something entirely different. And again, it makes me wonder, what happened to this game?

I used to trust Anet and respect their decisions. When something weird got released, I thought to myself that it would get fixed later with everyone complaining about it. But it didn’t. Then more things got released, which caused even more complaints, and again I thought that they will fix it later on. This is just a test phase. But they didn’t. This kept happening over and over the same way, and here we are again.

I just don’t get what happened. The game that was promised to us in the beginning, just doesn’t exist anymore. This game is comparable to a F2P grinder now. What was once advertised as a AAA MMO comparable to your traditional P2P MMO, is nothing more than a cash grab F2P grinder. I don’t know what this “vision” of what they think this game should be, but it is just heading in the completely wrong direction in my opinion.

But I guess this is where most people will give me the line “If you don’t like it, don’t play it” routine. So instead of sticking around and giving my feedback on features and such, I guess I should just leave since I don’t like the direction this is going. I just don’t get why they did this to a once amazing game.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

A.Nets strategy -

Target the 5% of hardcore players and make them happy while royally screw the 95% of the casual player base

At any rate, they will be losing customers with a lot of new games coming out soon

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I want some “worst” (sausage, in Dutch) too while I enjoy the coming lock, /thread.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I want some “worst” (sausage, in Dutch) too while I enjoy the coming lock, /thread.

Jokes won’t bring back unsatisfied customers.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

A.Nets strategy -

Target the 5% of hardcore players and make them happy while royally screw the 95% of the casual player base

At any rate, they will be losing customers with a lot of new games coming out soon

Dont blame the hardcore players…from what i hear they are more upset than the casuals are.

No class balance at all, in fact they further unbalanced classes, still no meaningful end game content, guild missions that are bugged, very few viable builds, even less now.

Hardcore players have invested more time and effort into the game, thats essentially the definition of hardcore players, they stand to lose a lot more.

We all wanted to love the game, thats why we’re here, but i think its time to face the fact that this game is done, Anet have beaten it to death.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

It was a nice run. I think I’ll take a break, too many lies for now.

Nothing forced me to do anything in Gw 1, never needed a vabbian armor, it was just a skin! A basic and cheap canthan armor was more than enough
(nevertheless I ended up buying a vabbian for my sin, still never farmed for that).
I don’t like carrot-chaesing, nor to play a game that punishes my playstyle.
40 laurels 50 ecto for a single accessory?

Isaiah Cartwright:

These items are mainly earned through guild content, we included them on the laurels vendor to give players the opportunity to earn them if they are not in a guild but they are priced high to encourage players to try and accomplish them via the guild content.

Some people will say that ascended items are not mandatory, but indeed they are, and more of those item will be released, more you’ll need to farm just to be “strong” like hardcore players.
I think people should be rewarded for their ability, not for their “dedication” to the game, or at least not in the way it works for now.
I’m sorry but I can’t accept to be “weaker” than a well-equipped player whose only merit (maybe) is just to have the time to farm like is his life depends on it.

All the 3 Campaigns + GwEN, Heroes Pack, Bonus Mission Pack and so many years of fun, so I can’t believe this title will end like this.
I won’t accept it, so I’ll continue reading the forum looking for “The Turn” that many of us are waiting.

Have fun :*

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Its getting worse because the people who have control of it can’t fit it inside their heads because its now too complicated/large scaled and they are doing everything they can to scurry about like little mice, chasing cheese and taking it back to their den before the house burns down.

What was the question again?

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

I understand everyone has their own opinions but how as Anet nerfed everything?

As far as class balance goes EVERY class got ONLY buffs and no nerfs; as far as I know that alone means they didn’t nerf everything.

Guardians strongly disagree! :P