why isnt..

why isnt..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

Gem store items that we buy (skins) free to apply on any item as many times as we want without a transmuted charge? like with HoM reward skins

why isnt..

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I think that the point of the charges to begin with, which in it self not bad, they are pretty easy to get.

why isnt..

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

No gem store items are free to apply once

Afterwards you’ll need Transmutation charges.

Why they are not infinitely applicabe? probably cause A-net wants to get some income, and keep gold sinks alive, though IMHO (partial) map completion will get you a decent set of transmutation charges for customisation, and when all sales are over and gem prices have normalized buying charges with gold (150gems for 5 charges, ~15-20 gold) is a way as well.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

why isnt..

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’m sure there’s a good reason behind it.

The one I can think of is this:
If all gem-store skins (which are currently seen as fairly prestigious) could be applied free of charge, people would be using them all the time on low-level alts. We’d then see these skins very often, and they would use their shine and individuality. The kind of audience they currently appeal for would be turned off by them.

For the armour skins, it could undermine the sales of outfits (which are used on lowbie alts to look a bit flashier without the cost of transmutation charges).

why isnt..

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All HoM skins can be applied free of charge without visiting HoM. You just need it in the wardrobe. That sets a precedent for gem store skins if they choose it.

I can understand if you have paid money for something, that you should then reapply for free going forward.

It isnt a huge deal and i get the reason is just to make further money from stones which is fair enough, but it would also make a nice QoL change. The number of gem store skins is quite small, since outfits now dominate and they are buy once, apply free forever, so it might not impact them a great deal.

why isnt..

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

Because that’s what Outfits are for.

why isnt..

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Just buy some transmutation charges for $ or €! That helps Anet and it is good for you!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!