why no ranged auto attack chains?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

One thing I’ve always thought would be awesome in this game is if we got an auto attack chain on a ranged weapon. I really thought specizalations might finally bring this with the dragonhunter but sadly it didn’t. Any reasons why anet never added this? I always thought the animations would be awesome and really give people more of a reason to maybe do ranged.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

no idea, probably a similar reason to why we only ever auto attack with our main hand weapon even when wielding two viable melee weapons

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

There is already a very good reason to stay ranged: To avoid the big hits. Probably the reason so many people already do it. There has to be some trade off between ranging and when in melee and this is one of those things.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

You mean like the Mesmer Scepter?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So instead of 3 shoots that do 1000 / 1000 / 1000 damage you want something
like 500 / 500 / 2000 damage, just to feel bad when you have to dodge before
the third hit ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Sylent.3165

So instead of 3 shoots that do 1000 / 1000 / 1000 damage you want something
like 500 / 500 / 2000 damage, just to feel bad when you have to dodge before
the third hit ?

Yes exactly!!!!!

But no in all seriousness yes, but the 3rd attack can also add either a boon, or status effect like with melee. Instead of just ranger spamming skills as soon as they are off cool down can actually want to finish auto attack chains.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You mean like the Mesmer Scepter?

I think necro scepter is one, too.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea we need other animations, got dam guardian’s scepter animation after a while is really repetitive

Sylent.3165

yea we need other animations, got dam guardian’s scepter animation after a while is really repetitive

Or redesigned. That animation is the worst ha. Looks like they are trying to throw a scepter glued to there hand

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The reason for melee chains is to reward you for staying next to the target for more time, Mesmer scepter is extremely clunky with its chain (one of the reasons it stays out of meta even though its been buffed a ridiculous amount through the game’s life). I would maybe like to see people looking into ranged chains but it needs to be done well or we’ll just end up with more Mesmer scepters OR things that are far too dangerous and easy to hit.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

The way I look at it is with a sword you are going to swing it a fluid motion. Once from the right then left and then maybe from above with a more powerful attack. While with a bow or rifle you always fire it pretty much the same way.