why so hard to get Ascended Rings!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

Im up to fractal 21 and i get 1 shot by all agony mobs then kicked and its really annoying, ive got 7 pritstine relics but i dont want to wait 3 more days to advance. There needs to be some sort of Gold for Rings system in the game seriously why do i have to have to rely on kitten RNG kaka too gear up!

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Im up to fractal 21 and i get 1 shot by all agony mobs then kicked and its really annoying, ive got 7 pritstine relics but i dont want to wait 3 more days to advance. There needs to be some sort of Gold for Rings system in the game seriously why do i have to have to rely on kitten RNG kaka too gear up!

Because that’s how WoW did it?

Inb4 “learn to adapt” and “zomg why not just give everyone uber super legendaries at level 1 because thats obviously what you want!” replies.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If you do level 20 with no AR, then dodge the agony attacks.

Anet make Rev great again.

Sef.6918

Wow has nothing to do with my rant. whats wrong with buying things with gold on an mmorpg? makes no sense.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Wow has nothing to do with my rant. whats wrong with buying things with gold on an mmorpg? makes no sense.

WoW has everything to do with it. WoW didn’t allow you to buy top level dungeon gear with gold, or sell it on AH. Why would GW2 allow you to?

Posted by: Vectrox.1573

Vectrox.1573

Just stick at level 12 so that you might get a ring with the daily or wait 3 days.. You could also purchase a ring using laurels but that takes a lot longer to achieve.

Sef.6918

GW2 is a different game. i don’t think it should follow in WoW’s footsteps by making us grind the same old dungeon for gear, that would make no sense considering how anti WoW(grind) Anet and the player base are. Anyway im just saying i prefer to have a choice between Grinding and spending gold to get the things i need to progress in the game.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

So spend gold making an ascended backpiece.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Hard to get ascended rings? started fractals about 3 days ago, today I got 2 infused ascended rings, one from drop and another from upgrading.

And while I have been quite lucky with my ring drop, the chance of you going several days without a ring drop from 10 or 20 chest is absurdly low, and if you don’t luck out on a infused ring, then put the work in and farm the ingreds to infuse it yourself.

Seems like you however have had some rather bad luck, I do however strongly suggest you pop a 50% mf buff before doing maw, both days I did I got a ring.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Hard to get ascended rings? started fractals about 3 days ago, today I got 2 infused ascended rings, one from drop and another from upgrading.

And while I have been quite lucky with my ring drop, the chance of you going several days without a ring drop from 10 or 20 chest is absurdly low, and if you don’t luck out on a infused ring, then put the work in and farm the ingreds to infuse it yourself.

Seems like you however have had some rather bad luck, I do however strongly suggest you pop a 50% mf buff before doing maw, both days I did I got a ring.

MF doesn’t affect chests to my knowledge.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I got 1 from my very first level of fractals.

I’m at level 19 atm of fractals and have 3 ascended rings total.

Don’t think its the rng think its your luck.

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

So for those of us with no Agony Resistance at all would you recommend doing FotM 10-12 over and over till a ring drops? I’ve ran 12 a couple of times already with no luck so i’d like to know what you guys recommend

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

People with no agony resistance doing lv20+ fractals and people that never did fractals starting with lv12….
FACEPALM

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Just do the daily and get the ascended ring?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Look at why Ascended gear was introduced. It was put in because people had progressed through all of the launch dungeons, and gotten everything they wanted much faster than the devs expected. The game was hemorrhaging players who were complaining about nothing to do, nothing to work toward. So, progression was put in. The dungeon token system was not used because if it had been everyone would have had their Ascended and infusions within the first month or two. Don’t expect ANet to make this stuff available easily. It’s not in their best interests to do so.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Its a total scam, i gave up Fotm because nothing ever drops, RNG is a bad thing for MMORPGs these days it just pushes players to stop and quit..

Posted by: Zoey Hellry.7298

Zoey Hellry.7298

All hard work is rewarded. Stop looking for the instant gratification. Run the dailies until u get a ring. You will end up getting one, that is the way probabilities work. I have 4 rings and have run the daily over a dozen times. Run 10 – 18 once a day for a month. If you don’t have 4 rings I would be shocked.

Posted by: Shear Force.9154

Shear Force.9154

I don’t understand this, you do realize that ever person who progressed past lvl 20 went through that exact same thing right? Ill give you a quick solution, get the packpeice, that’s what I did.. problem solved, you can do lvl 10 to 18 for quick relics.

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

What’s wrong with being patient? You don’t have to get everything NOW NOW NOW. Keep doing 10/20 dailies (if you’re even doing 20 dailies) until you get a ring and/or 3 more pristines.

I could complain that I’ve gotten over 30 rings but only 2 fractal weapon skins. But I don’t – I just don’t do fotm any more even though I really wanted a couple decent looking skins.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

So for those of us with no Agony Resistance at all would you recommend doing FotM 10-12 over and over till a ring drops? I’ve ran 12 a couple of times already with no luck so i’d like to know what you guys recommend

The rings are only available in the daily chest. Not from the boss chest. So running more than one level 12 is fruitless (Other than the experience/drops.) You will only get the one chance at a ring each day. (Doing level 12.)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I noticed people kept saying lvl 12 daily, do they not drop from lvl 10? (the one I’m currently farming right now, haven’t got a ring yet after 2 tries)

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

They drop from 10, it’s just 12 gives more relics.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

ah, that makes more sense

Oceanic [LOD]