why while guest you can't go WvW maps ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silvery Shadow.5036

Silvery Shadow.5036

Q:

The question relate to map completion. Don’t care about having WvW on another world.

Don’t get me wrong, WvW is fun sometimes but not my main interest, prefer to explore. But since those maps are included in map completion I need to do them….But having to pay real money just to transfer to 2 other worlds and back to mine is ridiculous….I understand the fact that Anet wants to avoid mass migration…but can’t we just guesting and be “neutral” while doing it…..would avoid the migration and still keep the map completion doable….or take them out of World completion since we can’t do it anymore without changing World.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

A:

Allowing guesting for WvW would give too much opportunity for sabotage, whether it is reporting on zerg positioning, or being a purposefully bad leader, or any other number of things people will invent that I cannot think of right now.

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

You can’t enter WvW on a guest server because the entire point of servers is to separate WvW into teams.

If you want map completion then you will have to wait until your team controls the areas that you need. It might help if you asked your team to attempt to take over an area that you need for your map completion. If they are unable or you can’t convince people to try then you’ll just have to keep checking on your server’s WvW status for your final map completion.

I don’t know why WvW is part of map completion and don’t think it fits. I think that it would make more sense as a separate achievement, but that’s just how it is.

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

There’s another issue here that’s really for another discussion – requiring WvW for map completion. But I digress.

IMO, the last thing we need is for people to go to WvW in order to do PvE. I’m of the opinion that if the only reason you’re going to WvW is to complete the map or do a jumping puzzle, it’d be better off if you weren’t there at all.

I personally don’t care about WvW map completion, or jumping puzzles or what have you. If you enjoy them, then good for you. If I go to a PvP zone, I go there to PvP. If I complete the map while doing it, then so be it. If not, then oh well.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Yeah, that annoyed me as well but it isn’t that important. I’d rather Anet spend time somewhere else. I mean, it will probably take a week of checking to get all those POIs but you don’t need the gift of explorations anyway for a LONG TIME. It takes forever to get them legendaries. ^^

Silvery Shadow.5036

Agreed…normally if I go to any PvP or WvW map that would be to do exactly that…..but wasn’t my idea to include WvW maps in World Completion. Just trying to find a solution to accomodate PvE people that wants WC like me….And there is part of the map that would be almost impossible to get without changing world since they are in starting point….so unless my world is able to totally wipe out another one which I doubt is even possible…………………………………………..

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

There’s another issue here that’s really for another discussion – requiring WvW for map completion. But I digress.

IMO, the last thing we need is for people to go to WvW in order to do PvE. I’m of the opinion that if the only reason you’re going to WvW is to complete the map or do a jumping puzzle, it’d be better off if you weren’t there at all.

I personally don’t care about WvW map completion, or jumping puzzles or what have you. If you enjoy them, then good for you. If I go to a PvP zone, I go there to PvP. If I complete the map while doing it, then so be it. If not, then oh well.

I agree with you. The only reason I might ever go to WvW again is to get map completion. Certainly NOT to PvP. So yeah, I’ll be sitting there, waiting for areas to unlock, doing nothing to help “my team” and eating up a slot that someone else could be using, who would be contributing. I wouldn’t even feel guilty about doing it since it wasn’t my idea to make a substantial achievement like map completion, dependent on being involved with PvP.

I’ve made that case before, and it was largely ignored.

The bottom line is that I have no interest in being a detriment to anyone’s WvW experience. But since ArenaNet saw fit to dangle my map completion off the eaves of a fortress in the Mists, I don’t really care if I’m letting anyone down. I don’t want to be there and no one wants me to be there. So why the hell am I there, again?

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

The only reason for servers in this game is WvW. That’s why.

Silvery Shadow.5036

@ Interpol….agreed….then take the PvE out of WvW….I really cannot understand why there’s PvE within WvW….has nothing to do there

Silvery Shadow.5036

I’ll take this topic into Suggestion then

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Allowing guesting for WvW would give too much opportunity for sabotage, whether it is reporting on zerg positioning, or being a purposefully bad leader, or any other number of things people will invent that I cannot think of right now.

Hide all other players from guest and change the faction colors on the map from red, green, blue to gray. No interaction between guests and other players while in WvW. There a solution to your ridiculous problem. Took me all of 10 seconds to come up with too.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hide all other players from guest and change the faction colors on the map from red, green, blue to gray. No interaction between guests and other players while in WvW. There a solution to your ridiculous problem. Took me all of 10 seconds to come up with too.

Perfect, now servers can log in a huge zerg, and then have a large number of people guest on an opposing teams server, thus locking the map up so they can just take over everything with little opposition. Beautiful plan.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

They really need to do something about mapping the WvW world. At least make it necessary to map only one borderland (home borderland) to get completion. EB should not be mixed up with mapping.

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

….

Perfect, now servers can log in a huge zerg, and then have a large number of people guest on an opposing teams server, thus locking the map up so they can just take over everything with little opposition. Beautiful plan.

Stop making up bullkitten problems.

They could also make a PvE version of those maps which would have the same effect of my earlier post.

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

how about firing a good 1/3 of the dev staff for shoddy design.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

Posted by: The Deviant One.9278

The Deviant One.9278

I agree I have been trying to map complete WvW for a LONG time now and I always feel bad when I go in there for PVP and then say BRB as I have to go run off and grab a POI or a vista. Its been Months now and I cant get into some forts because My server is not WvW based and therefore all the time the places I need are captured. How can a Map complete if i cant get to these places it makes not sense.
WVW IS NOT PVE and needs to be taken off MAP COMPLETION.
or as someone stated make your HOME map the 1 you need for it.

Please Gw2 Team take note of this, you can wait around for that one area to be captured but who is to say I am home the time it is. I will never map complete as long as you make it impossible for me to get into forts that always will be off limits to me in my server.

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

You shouldn’t get the “Been There, Done That” title if you haven’t been there and haven’t done kitten. At least that’s the way the game is currently designed. Personally, couldn’t care much less.