will HD screenshots return?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

in the BWEs the game had a HD screenshot key which appears to have been removed. is there a way to take screenshots of that quality anyone?

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

I’m not sure what that is but there is another screenshot option in the keybind section of the game that is not bound to any key. I set it up to Shift+PrntScrn and CTRL+PrntScrn. It produces UI-less screenshots, I don’t have to press CTRL+Shift+H to remove my UI before taking a screenshot.

It sounds to me that it’s what you’re looking for, since I understood that option to be the HD screenshot when I first saw it. They call it something else, unfortunately, I’m at the office so I can not check.

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge

DJPenguin.6945

the other screenshot key is stereoscopic which is for 3D screenshots. I’m just looking for the hi-def one that was in the first and second BWE.

Posted by: ZoLMiTRiPTaN.4567

ZoLMiTRiPTaN.4567

AFAIK there were some issues with the feature and they removed it until everything could be ironed out. I believe they’re supposed to be putting it back in whenever it gets fixed but with everything else going on right now it might be a while

Oh… my… GLOB, Melissa!

Posted by: Notsure.7028

Notsure.7028

I read tonight that there is a command line argument to add to the GW2 shortcut that enables HD screenshots in .bmp format.

Check here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

DJPenguin.6945

I read tonight that there is a command line argument to add to the GW2 shortcut that enables HD screenshots in .bmp format.

Check here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

i tried that earlier but despite the screenshots having a larger file, the quality doesn’t look any different than the standard one we have now. the BWE HD screenshots were saved in JPEG format and took less space than the bitmap format yet looked 100x better.

(edited by DJPenguin.6945)