will ghastly grinning shield destroy $?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

will the reintroduction of the ghastly grinning shield destroy the market?
i’m wondering because it is so expensive there probably isn’t anyone buying?
if it isnt moving, then why not introduce more of these to bring down the price and start the market?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Market is slow but steady. Just because you dont buy at this price, doesnt mean other dont.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: TheDemonEmperor.6825

TheDemonEmperor.6825

Lets do that for all the legend aswell, i always wanted a enternity but i didnt want to put 2 into 1; With ur idea i can finally get things for cheaper. I mean, why have stuff stay so high right? lets make it go back to the good old days of 200-300 gold per legend. Let precusor have a % of drop from every bandit chest and bag open. +1

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

as with all items it depends on how its re-introduced.

Re-introduction itself isn’t necessarily bad, yes the market will obviously shift, but whether it crashes or not depends on a number of factors.

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Couple of the shields are being sold and bought every week. You can look at https://www.gw2tp.com/item/36339-ghastly-grinning-shield-skin whenever the blue line goes up, someone has bought one, and whenever the red line goes down somebody has sold one to somebody else (at least usually because sometimes it can be just a cancelled buy order, but if the buy price is above 3k then it was probably because of a transaction).
But yea, there is usually no movement for couple of days or sometimes a week, but then suddenly someone or some people buy couple of them pretty quickly.

Anyways,…who knows how will it change when they reintroduce few more and if they will, probably depends what kind of people get them. They might want to use it instead of selling because they are casual players that know that they won’t ever have the opportunity of getting another one, so they just use it for themselves.

There is still plenty of them in peoples accounts. You don’t have to wait for too long before someone sells one to you if you set a high enough price.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Not sure, it would kitten off a lot of those ‘hoarders’, if any at all, and may cause that particular skin to plummet if they re-introduced it.

They kind of re-introduced them during the halloween lottery scrap ticket thing.. I wasn’t surprised after it ended that the halloween skins spiked back up in price. Either those players used the skins or are hoarding them.

As for myself; currently got an over-priced (because I’m willing to offer that much) buy order on a particular Aetherized skin…. No one wants to sell it though so I assume it’s kind of extinct? Perhaps ANet will do justice & re-release those skins again via BLTC tickets.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Maybe we get a skin of our choice with the 4th birthday present. You know, so that you can appreciate it for the hard work you’ve put into it.

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

How do you “destroy” a market?

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

With a plane.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Not sure, it would kitten off a lot of those ‘hoarders’, if any at all, and may cause that particular skin to plummet if they re-introduced it.

They kind of re-introduced them during the halloween lottery scrap ticket thing.. I wasn’t surprised after it ended that the halloween skins spiked back up in price. Either those players used the skins or are hoarding them.

As for myself; currently got an over-priced (because I’m willing to offer that much) buy order on a particular Aetherized skin…. No one wants to sell it though so I assume it’s kind of extinct? Perhaps ANet will do justice & re-release those skins again via BLTC tickets.

If those who get them after they are re-introduced use them for themselves then there will be minimal (if any at all) change to the market. They might make them account bound this time, like the 3rd birthday dye gift.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

This.
Falling prices do not ‘destroy’ a market.
Neither do rising prices.

The only markets that I’d maybe consider ‘destroyed’ are markets with zero supply (and zero supply in all the players’s banks as well), and markets with so much supply, that the prices are always at their possible minimum (Tiny Snowflakes and so on), since these are markets that aren’t useful to anybody (except for people that need Tiny Snowflakes of course…)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I sold the Ghastly Grinning Shield skin right after Halloween 2012 for 60g and I thought it was a good deal…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I sold the Ghastly Grinning Shield skin right after Halloween 2012 for 60g and I thought it was a good deal…

Ouch, I know your pain, dude. I sold Scarlet´s rainbow for around the same amount of gold, and look at it now.

But don´t take it too hard, for all we know, it could have simply dropped in value because drop rate could have changed or whatever. I hope. ^^

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

no, past rewards should stay just that, past rewards.
Anet have already caved to the people wanting tribal armour who didn’t earn it in PVP when they had the chance,
they’re re-adding it (probably in HoT) so there goes one of the rewards that some of us worked for.
stop trying to ruin the rest.

maddoctor.2738

What if to get those skins new players also have to work? What about those who didn’t have the chance?

TheDemonEmperor.6825

What if to get those skins new players also have to work? What about those who didn’t have the chance?

Then pay the gold for it. If u really want it, go, get, the gold and buy it; It a form of working toward it.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think skins should be allowed to “expire” over time, and never be re-introduced.

Limited edition skins encourage the creation of new skins, and encourage players to participate in content that rewards them rather than encouraging just hoarding gems or gold.

I’d much rather see a GW2 five years down the line in which many players have skins that are no longer avaliable than one where every skin can be picked up by every player, as it makes the appearance of characters much more unique.

Path of Exile does this on a regular basis and it’s one of their primary funding models that allows them to offer so much content for free, and it’s pretty awesome to run in to veteran players with skins you just can’t get any more. It’s a nice reward for those veteran players to show how long they’ve been around, and adds incentive for the developer to keep developing cool skins so new players have a lot of cool options.

There’s nothing worse than an MMO in which everyone looks the same, or one without legitimate collectibles.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

maddoctor.2738

Then pay the gold for it. If u really want it, go, get, the gold and buy it; It a form of working toward it.

And if I buy it what next? What happens when there is none on the market?

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Lets do that for all the legend aswell, i always wanted a enternity but i didnt want to put 2 into 1; With ur idea i can finally get things for cheaper. I mean, why have stuff stay so high right? lets make it go back to the good old days of 200-300 gold per legend. Let precusor have a % of drop from every bandit chest and bag open. +1

The difference is currently precursors have a infinite amount, just throttled due to RNG, however with limited time items you’re stuck with a finite amount. So the value on precursors could decrease due to increased usage of MF or increased amount of drops which increases the chance of drops, or Anet messing with the drop rate which I’m sure they’ve done. Whereas with limited items the value only increases due to scarcity until the market runs out.

With time limited items you can still remove the limited aspect while still keeping the value high due to limited accusation chance, but at least there still would be a chance.

TheDemonEmperor.6825

@BrooksP, what i said is sarcasm, i mean look how outrageous those demand are.

@Maddoctor, If it run out too bad for others, u are now a collector of some thing truely rare and worth admiring. Am pretty sure u whine this hard cause u want 1.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

@BrooksP, what i said is sarcasm, i mean look how outrageous those demand are.

@Maddoctor, If it run out too bad for others, u are now a collector of some thing truely rare and worth admiring. Am pretty sure u whine this hard cause u want 1.

It is only a blob of pixels. The high price comes from artificial limitation.

TheDemonEmperor.6825

so is legendaries. But why do people spend so much time on it? only a pixels.

Wethospu.6437

Legendaries have an attribute swap.

I don’t really mind some skins being more expensive than the others. But in my opinion the effort to get a skin should stay relatively same over time. 10000% price difference is way too much.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

TheDemonEmperor.6825

I don’t really mind some skins being more expensive than the others. But in my opinion the effort to get a skin should stay relatively same over time.

Think of antique stuff. The era that produce them, they are nothing more but common items. Years later, when it is no longer available, price rose and people collect them. Same with these type of items “such as the shield”.

Back when the sheild is release, no 1 care about it, they only look at legend and say wow, u have a legend already, wow. “Cause it was extremly hard to get back then”. Now? it is the ghastly sheild turn to become hard to get or cant, they become valuable. If u want to devalue the sheild, people gonna start boycot a different item.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I think skins should be allowed to “expire” over time, and never be re-introduced.

Limited edition skins encourage the creation of new skins, and encourage players to participate in content that rewards them rather than encouraging just hoarding gems or gold.

I’d much rather see a GW2 five years down the line in which many players have skins that are no longer avaliable than one where every skin can be picked up by every player, as it makes the appearance of characters much more unique.

Path of Exile does this on a regular basis and it’s one of their primary funding models that allows them to offer so much content for free, and it’s pretty awesome to run in to veteran players with skins you just can’t get any more. It’s a nice reward for those veteran players to show how long they’ve been around, and adds incentive for the developer to keep developing cool skins so new players have a lot of cool options.

There’s nothing worse than an MMO in which everyone looks the same, or one without legitimate collectibles.

Agree!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Wethospu.6437

I don’t really mind some skins being more expensive than the others. But in my opinion the effort to get a skin should stay relatively same over time.

Think of antique stuff. The era that produce them, they are nothing more but common items. Years later, when it is no longer available, price rose and people collect them. Same with these type of items “such as the shield”.

Back when the sheild is release, no 1 care about it, they only look at legend and say wow, u have a legend already, wow. “Cause it was extremly hard to get back then”. Now? it is the ghastly sheild turn to become hard to get or cant, they become valuable. If u want to devalue the sheild, people gonna start boycot a different item.

3 years is not antique though. Also you can buy cheap copies from the market if you wish. I don’t see that option available.

TheDemonEmperor.6825

3 years is not antique though. Also you can buy cheap copies from the market if you wish. I don’t see that option available.

You can not buy a knock off at a store and call it antique….. 3 year is consider old for any game.

I hope this message wasnt emotionally damaging. Already got 1 message removed by mod.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

srsly….. the same 5 have been for sale this past 2 years almost… what kittenin market for it is there?? yes, re-introduce these at halloween. At most your gonna kitten off 5 people that have taken the chance and marked there items way too kitten high to begin with. You cant call anything a market that has less then 100 items for sale and sold less then 100 in the last year at least…. pffff… market…. ROFLMFAO!