windows 8 question

windows 8 question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: liquids.9027

liquids.9027

anyone running win 8 and having any problems with gw2 on it?

windows 8 question

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I’ve been running Windows 8 64-bit Enterprise for about a month and half now with no problems.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

I’ve been running GW2 with Windows 8 64-bit for a week now or so. Didn’t have any problems so far.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Skoltnik.4361

Skoltnik.4361

same here, using windows 8 64 bit pro for about 3 weeks on my laptop and no problems.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

Eww

Why would you want to turn your desktop/laptop into an iPhone?

windows 8 question

Posted by: MrChipper.1594

MrChipper.1594

Been running the preview version of win8 as i seriously needed a reinstall of win7 as it had gone quite loopy. Seen no issues with gw2 in the last month while playing so all would seem good.

Would actively steer clear of win8 though and go for win7 unless you like using an OS that’s designed for touch using your mouse (you won’t). Next time I can be bothered to rebuild (end of preview in Jan) I will be going straight back to win7!

windows 8 question

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

@Joshmans

You’ve obviously never used Win8, that tablet interface is used maybe 2% of the time, when I need to search for an app I don’t have in a folder on my desktop (which by the way is the same desktop as Windows 7)

windows 8 question

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

Joshmans.8937

Eww. iPhone is an Apple product and Apple dont use windows software.

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

windows 8 question

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

I’ installed the System Builder version, full version of Windows 64bit on a clean platter hard drive to test. So far no issues.

Avoid the 310.33 beta drivers like the plague though they’re terrible. Stick the with 306s that are certified for now..not that any of you actually know what I’m talking about lol..

.internet machine does things.. i like..

windows 8 question

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

@Joshmans You mean , why would you turn your PC into a Windows Phone… blugh

windows 8 question

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Play on windows 8 since bwe no problems.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

windows on your pc, tablet, phone, xbox … im sure everyone can see where this is going.

micro$oft

windows 8 question

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I am a professional IT Systems Admin. I was on the hate windows 8 bandwagon as well. However I decided to try it out since got free copies of all the versions.

After installing it on my Rig at the house, I made a lot of tweaks, installed a start menu got rid of booting to the metro UI (it goes straight to desktop) and…bam!! Looks just like windows 7 again.

Asides from my own cosmetic tweaks I like the OS. it runs fine and Im still playing around with some things. It does have some really cool features in it.

Also deleted all those annoying apps and changed to a local account instead of a Live account.

Dont think it will increase gaming performance…many sites like toms hardware and anandtech have shown benchmarks and the difference is negligible.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Jazneo.8213

Jazneo.8213

There not point of window 8 if you dont have touch screen Montior

Window 8 should just been window 7 app addon not new OS system.

windows 8 question

Posted by: Daralf.4930

Daralf.4930

I have a Logitech t650 touch pad for windows 8 and a 48in monitor works pretty good. I’m sure it’s nice on a touchscreen though. I haven’t had any problems with gw2 and windows 8. Only problem I ran into is windows 8 media center works horribly, and it streams to extenders in horrible quality.