worst drop in the game?

worst drop in the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So what’s the worst drop (that can be sold) in the game? What’s the drop that you hate getting the most?

Personally, I hate getting black lion chests. With a sell price of 4 and a buy price of 3 on the TP, they’re practically worthless. In fact, are they literally the worst drop that can be sold? Is there anything else that drops – that you can sell – that’s worth less?

In fact, I’m thinking of deleting all my BLC’s in protest once I get 250 of them

Also: putrid essences — when you see you got a yellow item and it turns out to be a putrid essence .. that’s pure disappointment!

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

In my case, it’s Silk Scrap. It can only be sold for a loss on the TP and even then there’s millions of sell orders.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

How would deleting your BLCs be a protest? No one would notice or care but you.

The Burninator

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Ectoplasms! Sarcasm

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

my worst drop is BLTC chests why because their sold for 4copper yes 4 copper and they hog up room in my inventory now junk sells to a merchant for 10copper. silks not to bad i use them for transmuting couff couff you know they only need dust to convert lol.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

worst drop in the game?

Lord Kuru.3685

I figure Anet keeps statistics about what’s done with what items so they know what items people want/don’t want/salvage/don’t salvage, etc… and more generally, how their customers play the game.

… so my (small) contribution would be +250 trashed BLC’s in their stats. … just a small this-is-how-I-value-BLC’s to Anet.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Lodestones, hands down, got 0 since January.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

worst drop in the game?

JustTrogdor.7892

I figure Anet keeps statistics about what’s done with what items so they know what items people want/don’t want/salvage/don’t salvage, etc… and more generally, how their customers play the game.

… so my (small) contribution would be +250 trashed BLC’s in their stats. … just a small this-is-how-I-value-BLC’s to Anet.

Maybe… Personally I like them. I suppose I’m on a roll because I usually get a few keys here and there and sometimes with left over gems I buy a few more. I get some nifty stuff from time to time and there is always something I can use. I’m sitting on a few keys so maybe send me one or two in protest. (not all of them, we might get flagged for cash for gold or something.)

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

So what’s the worst drop (that can be sold) in the game? What’s the drop that you hate getting the most?

Personally, I hate getting black lion chests. With a sell price of 4 and a buy price of 3 on the TP, they’re practically worthless. In fact, are they literally the worst drop that can be sold? Is there anything else that drops – that you can sell – that’s worth less?

In fact, I’m thinking of deleting all my BLC’s in protest once I get 250 of them

Also: putrid essences — when you see you got a yellow item and it turns out to be a putrid essence .. that’s pure disappointment!

I say the BLC’s, I have 6 stacks and halfway on 7th. -LOL Hoarding them JUST IN CASE

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I throw away bltc as soon as I get them – They are nothing but wasted space.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Grumble cakes from a meta boss event chest.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

at least if you are so lucky to open one you get something useful, but i have km of silk that i’m actually tired of finding silk everywhere, i have more silk than china.
and even worse than that what do i do with all that putrid essence that make my heart jump than i remember i am in orr and realize that that wooden chest is probably it?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I don’t think there is any debate that BLCs are the most worthless drop in the game.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Worst to sell? tier five leather, 5 stacks on the TP never been sold..

Worst to get Lodestones? they are insanely expensive, the drop rate is non existent, never in 3000 hours had one drop in open world, magic find or not..

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Remember, ANet have already shown a willingness to balance things like this. Back in October, Butter and Chocolate were worth less than BLTC chests, and a few other mat’s were worth nothing as well. They introduced temporary Mystic Forge recipes that essentially emptied the market… and now that Butter is worth 40c a piece.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

worst drop in the game?

Lord Kuru.3685

Lots of people mention silk scraps — but at least they are worth a minimum of 7 copper (at the npc merchants). BLTC however can’t be sold at merchants, so you have to TP them at 3-4 copper. There must be drops in the starter areas that are worth less (I assume) but I can’t think of anything in the higher level areas that are so worthless.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

quest items that keeps dropping from every single mob after you completed the event or heart

Oceanic [LOD]

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

While not sellable, my personal pet hate is receiving cash-shop items like bank and TP expresses from dailies. Because you’re never going to need it; it’ll eat up bank space, yet deleting it requires written confirmation

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

worst drop in the game?

JustTrogdor.7892

While not sellable, my personal pet hate is receiving cash-shop items like bank and TP expresses from dailies. Because you’re never going to need it; it’ll eat up bank space, yet deleting it requires written confirmation

I’ve got so much of that stuff I could open my own gem shop if they were not account bound.

The Burninator

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

For me the worst drops are those we get in high level areas that you can get in the lowest areas. Those being:

Crab meat (or whatever it is)
Meat
Eggs

There are other’s I am sure. We should NOT be rewarded with crap worth something like 2 copper each in a high level zone. If anything they should give us multiples of these items so that the total value adds up to the lowest valued item of the other trophies in the same area. So I should think 8 eggs or 8 Moa meat would be appropriate off the top of my head.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: masterdesh.8943

masterdesh.8943

tonics molten cores or any of the sigils from cof they are just troll drops from anet

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

White rarity items from lupi… I have no words for how bad the rewards can suck and some can be sold for very few copper.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

I kinda like the BLC’s cause if you can get a key there are some things that are useful in them sometimes.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Please mail me all your BLCs, I mean if you really are deleting them, I will take them. XD, never know, might be useful someday.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Please mail me all your BLCs, I mean if you really are deleting them, I will take them. XD, never know, might be useful someday.

Yes, the day Anet stops being greedy with RNG.

Most likely the day immediately succeeding the day they have no customers left.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yes, the day Anet stops being greedy with RNG.

Most likely the day immediately succeeding the day they have no customers left.

Nah. It’ll be the day NCSoft people walk into the office and tell them that they’re all now unemployed and the game is in “sunset” mode, with the servers going offline in 3 months.

PS: Worst drop in game? Broken lockpick. If it wasn’t broken, we might be able to open those stupid Black Lion chests with it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

BLC = The most useless thing in a game pretty much ever. Can’t be sold and crappy rewards for popping them open. Total money pit.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

+1 for worthless BL chests.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Garlic bread from AC chests. Yeah, I really wanna run that dungeon again.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Black Lion Chests are totally worthless. Now if you could use the forge to turn 250 chests into a key, that would increase their value, slightly.

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I kinda like the BLC’s cause if you can get a key there are some things that are useful in them sometimes.

Well, you can buy them off the trading post for dirt if you ever need them then The fact that keys never drop in the game outside of a few story rewards means that the vast majority of chests go unopened, which makes them have nearly no value.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Spikes.

And Porous bones.

Actually I’ll amend this, when I was farming trolls I got a exotic drop that I thought said ‘The Hunter’, got extremely excited.

Opened up my inventory and it was ‘The Hunt’ which is terrible and sells for 1 gold.

Yeah, that made me mad.

(edited by Neb.4170)

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: wolfshirt.8459

wolfshirt.8459

I hate seeing [Berserker’s Mace] and it actually has Rabid stats on it instead.

It tricks me every time xD

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

Definitely the BLCs. Even if I have keys for them, odds are I will get something I can’t sell and does something just useful enough to not trakitten, but not actually useful enough to actually use. So it’s generally a double disappointment.

Also, exotics with the default skin. Orange text shows up so rarely that I do a small celebration every time I see it. Then I see it that default skin. And then I see the current TP price is only slightly above that of a rare. Always a bummer.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

when you see you got a yellow item and it turns out to be a putrid essence .. that’s pure disappointment!

I’d be happy if they just stopped putting these in the wooden chests. looting one of the wooden chests (usually an indicator of something quite good) and getting a pile of putrid essence is the biggest kittenkill the game has provided to date.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

worst drop in the game?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Chunk of Crab Meat from a Young Karka. A level 80 mob dropping a gray item, worth 3C, that is exactly the same as you get from crabs in starter zones, all because ANet didn’t bother to make higher-level versions the way they did with bones. BLC’s aren’t worth any more, but at least they are a result of a “monetization scheme.” Chunk o’ from a karka is a result of “hurried programming.”