your top most annoying bug ever to exist...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

…that destroys the game for you so completely that you forget about your own mortality for a second and wish you would just die so as to not experience it anymore.

mine is, ofc:
le immob bug

whats yours?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I just can’t take a game that seriously. When I start to get frustrated I turn the PC off and go outside.

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

The current lighting bug

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Mid Air Immob is certainly up there as one of the most infuriating things in the game.

Posted by: Tango Fro.5942

Tango Fro.5942

Black lion item shop that only loads 6% of the time (no exaggeration)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I haven’t experienced this myself, but the story-stopping bugs I’ve been reading about are terrible. To wit, losing skill 1 on transforms and not being able to knock out the asura in the stealth section. I also have a lot of empathy for those who have properly triggered their legendary collection item, had the buff active when the rare-spawn boss died, and not received the collection progression they just earned.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

It’s hard to pick one, i got a few, but one that’s been driving me crazy for a long time now, is when they hide away ur mini at events or when ur gliding and then never un-hide it.

Oddly, this only happens to my main acct that owns HoT, never on my 2nd acct that doesn’t. Ofc, gliding wouldn’t affect my 2nd acct since i don’t have the expansion on it, but even when minis are hidden at events, they always pop back up on this acct.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

current or old bugs?

current: immobilise bug

past bug: death from stairs

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I’m always amused by bugs, but then again I’m a retired bug hunter. This game has some bugs but not the worst or the funniest that I’ve seen.

The funniest bug incident I ever dealt with was when this poor player asked us to come help him (different game) when a NPC followed him out of its zone and was corpse camping his body all across the map.

Yes I probably shouldn’t have found it funny but QA can be kinda stressful and it was just one of those moments where QA and the Dev’s all stopped and looked at one another like “seriously”….

(edited by Kamara.4187)

Posted by: rotsono.9176

rotsono.9176

The chattab bug were it sometimes highlights it when someone writes something or sometimes not and the it gets stucked and is constantly highlighting until i restart the game…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Obstructed

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Stand The Wall.6987

I’m always amused by bugs, but then again I’m a retired bug hunter. This game has some bugs but not the worst or the funniest that I’ve seen.

The funniest bug incident I ever dealt with was when this poor player asked us to come help him (different game) when a NPC followed him out of its zone and was corpse camping his body all across the map.

Yes I probably shouldn’t have found it funny but QA can be kinda stressful and it was just one of those moments where QA and the Dev’s all stopped and looked at one another like “seriously”….

lol thats a funny story. good share.

Obstructed

yuuuuuup

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

INVISIBLE WALLS

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Obstructed

Aka “No valid path to target.”

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

When I get stuck in bridges and generators in EotM.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Obstructed

Aka “No valid path to target.”

but it is on flat ground!

No valid path blah blah

but

No …

:(

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

whats yours?

Anet claiming they fixed teq bugs.

“If TTS can Break it, it aint Fixed” /guildslogan2014

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Spectral Flames that escaped from the Living story instance and attacked my warrior in Blazeridge Steppes. They’re invulnerable, follow your char and teleport to where it is if you try to get away from them and have a knockdown every few seconds. I had to leave the map to get away from them. >.>

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Personal Story episodes that you have to start over because for some reason cough Taimi cough Braham cough isn’t actually doing anything but standing there. It’s happened multiple times now.

Other than that, can’t think of any I can’t live with. I do find the animation freeze bug really amusing though. Like in pvp when somebody kills you so fast that your character stays in a frozen attack animation with their arms out still trying to contemplate what just happened.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I am with you on the spectral flames, Just a flesh wound. When I returned to the game after a nine month break some months ago, they were one of the first things I ran into. I did not understand what was going on. They are relentless.

I found some more the other day. They even attack you in the air if you try to glide away.

Another annoying bug is that Ettin horde in Kessex Hills overlooking Wizards Fief. I want my strawberries darn it. I was silly enough to try harvesting them twice today. It didn’t end well.

Attachments:

(edited by Figlilly.3907)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Black lion item shop that only loads 6% of the time (no exaggeration)

Are you on Mac Beta by any chance?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: knivestv.6738

knivestv.6738

Rescue the captive sylvari from vigilantes / Destroy tendrils and their source

Prevents progression on Verdant Brink achieve “Pact Camper” which also prevents getting the mastery point from “Ground Pounder”

Been like this since forever… it’s even on the wiki page for Verdant Brink

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Forceful Displacement, Revenant downed state skill 2, sending you inside walls/pillars that you cannot get out of. Really infuriating.

The latest amazing bug that removes skill 1 from transforms, making certain story encounters and Adventures really hard, or even impossible, to complete. For example Sanctum Scramble is impossible to do now.

But the most infuriating bug in the game’s history is getting stuck and not able to move at all with WSAD. Only way to un-stuck yourself is by using a movement skill, somehow in unblocks the movement keys.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Immob bug………..

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Kirito.8592

Kirito.8592

Trading Post issues.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

At the moment it’s the missing skill 1 bug from LS2. The immob bug being a close second though…

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Immo bug, pff… a bug that is part of ruining an entire gameplay mode perhaps?

Keep lords scale not only to its enemies but its friendlies as well, making it impossible to cap keeps while trying to fight at the same time. Hence it become k-train to win.

As a sidenote, the two best bugs we’ve seen: when WvW reset went berserk and put everyone on random server maps. The confusion was real. Also when they accindentally added a couple of zeros to the damage on chaos storm fall trait. Mesmers instakilled entire groups haha.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

There’s a few things that annoy me….

1 – Not a bug but game design that is super annoying. That is the selling limit on the TP. Now I am not a bot or even someone who crafts a heck of a lot so I don’t see this too much but I do when I craft. As I craft in surges. Meaning I gather resources and save them up over a period of time and then when I have a ton I will level a craft up. Sometimes from maybe lvl 1-400 for example. And the way I do it is I HAVE TO unlock every recipe in the discover panel. Thus I make hundreds of items and trying to sell them all on the tp can be a huge nightmare because of that “feature” that is there to stop bots. It’s always the innocent ppl who get punished because of the baddies.

2 – Actual bug – Engi Rocket Boots Utility skill F key use. You are running along, hit this skill to rush forward but hello, all of a sudden you have stopped moving. NEVER good when in PvP or WVW when chasing someone or running from them. I have a feeling there may be a couple of causes for this. 1 either uneven ground or 2 it does not play nice with the auto run feature.

3 – Gathering as an Engi while wielding your flamethrower kit – Facepalm, nuff said.

4 – Oh also some times there is a bug that has me stuck auto running in a diagonal direction. No idea what causes this as it is totally random and happens very seldom. A quick out to char select fixes it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

The 32-bit client crashing, easily by a long shot.

Seems everyone’s taken for granted it’s now fixed with the 64-bit client.

Go back to the 32-bit client, wait for it to crash when you least expect it, and tell me that isn’t THE MOST annoying bug?

Glad they fixed that, really am!

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The most annoying bug i have had…

Going all the way to kill mordremoth, downing it and then seeing him disapear before I can stomp him. In the end being stuck in the nightmare world without being able to reset the boss or getting out. That was really really really frustrating…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Most bugs don’t bother me. They’re a part of modern gaming, and it’s less stressful to just accept they’re going to exist.

However, I am sad I’ve never gotten to hear the ritual of purification cutscene at the end of The Source of Orr personal story. The audio always cuts out, except small snippets of delayed battle sounds as Treherne is defended while he performs the ritual.

~EW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Generally speaking I don’t notice most bugs. The only one that really gets me though is the immob bug, and only when I’m pvping. Its killed me due to inopportune “stuck” moments more than a few times.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Stand The Wall.6987

WvW reset went berserk and put everyone on random server maps. The confusion was real.

accindentally added a couple of zeros to the damage on chaos storm fall trait.

lol! that musta been funny. wai u trol me reset?!?! >:O

yeah i remember that mesmer thing. one of my biggest wtf moments in gw2.

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

on my necro when I accidentally double hitting shroud form…

not only does it place me back in regular form when I wanted to be in shroud, but now its on cooldown and I cant use it

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Randomly failing stomps in PvP.

Short of that, probably the “no valid path”/“obstructed”/etc bugs – especially on anything Revenant that isn’t the Shiro teleport. But I also have tons of problems with Guardian Sword 2 and Judge’s Intervention, which even though is supposed to be able to bypass ledges if there’s a way around, will NEVER fire for me with any vertical whatsoever, and sometimes fails from middle to top of stairs…

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I just can’t take a game that seriously. When I start to get frustrated I turn the PC off and go outside.

This.

Although I have cursed at the screen before turning off the computer.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

My Sylvari saying “You rarely see one of those” when the drop was some Bloodstone Dust! :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Most annoying? Yep, the immob bug.

Most fun?
Its mostly a graphical bug as only you can see it, but when you fall and land on your front, but do a jump or something at the right time, so you are stuck in that position, running around till you attack.