Act III : Event schedule

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vathill.6125

Vathill.6125

While i see why they would schedule an event on a Sunday afternoon, being the most practical for majority of the player base, i sadly have to work all day and will miss the event.

Though I’m confused as to why you would make this a “One time event”, Anet. Whereas in Guild Wars you had rec-curing events every other hour or so to make it fair for those who could not attend it at the given time.

This also concerns the achievements / items that will possibly be missed due to the fact its a one time thing. Lets face it, it will aggravate many a players (Including myself) who are a bit of achievement hunter fanatics that will have to wait a whole year to have a chance at this event again. And that’s IF they can make the scheduled time again.

You’ve done good to me, as well as the huge fan-base of Guild Wars 2 thus far. And for all that i thank you Anet. But please, do not make this a one time event.

Thank you.

Vathill – Tarnished Coast – Warrior Commander

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

I am also disappointed as too this event occurs during a time when I cannot be online, I am determined to gain the “Attend the party” Achievement, I’d appreciate if ArenaNet could do something about this for those who cannot attend.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

This is just a bad idea, it really is. Anet has lost a lot of my trust with my event. While I love a lot of it, a lot of it is well… shady and clunky. There is no real reason to exclude so many people, even Americans who the time is set for! If I had known about this soon enough I could have taken Sunday off at least but without enough warning and the poor timing I’ll miss it because I’m working.

I really don’t think I’ll be doing much more of the event other than mess with the giant mine-able candy corn if this is how they intend to treat it. This has just killed my motivation to do more than that.

I’m dissapointed with Anet over all this. For a while I could only think of how well everything in the game worked so nicely. (To an extent, dungeon bugs, etc) But now I rather go punch the WoW Halloween boss some more. At least I get to see his grand entrance whenever I want and his events repeat. I dunno, to me it feels like they’re slipping bit by bit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Anet stated already that this one-time event won’t have anything to do with achievements.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Igneel.2618

Igneel.2618

I think Anet is not so bad, guys.
C’mon.. it’s not a newbie company. It seems that the One-Time-Event won’t give Achievements Points (probably because of this ’Un’playable Time for Game for some players).
There is another one after Sunday instead.. so, you better take a look at that!

Hope gonna be like I think

Edit: ^ Like He said

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vathill.6125

Vathill.6125

Anet stated already that this one-time event won’t have anything to do with achievements.

That’s good to know.

Vathill – Tarnished Coast – Warrior Commander

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kahlan.5609

Kahlan.5609

What about items?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

What about items?

Nothing comes from this event except for a spectacle. The reason its a one time thing is because of this. Nothing is lost except a popcorn show, and you can watch a popcorn show on youtube. People can flaunt having “been” there but they won’t have anything more to show for it than what you’d have to show for it from watching it on youtube.

When the Mad King destroys/renovates LA, its not going to make much sense to have the event repeating. Not to mention the logistics of repeating something that is, more than likely, the first (and a major) live event for the game.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

What about items?

Read through the other 200 whining posts about it. NOTHING IS BEING GIVEN.