in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kamahil.3271

Kamahil.3271

Great job on another puzzle

Clock Tower Appreciation Thread :D

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eroberry.6284

Eroberry.6284

Yes! Lovvved it! Challenging and awesome! Hope you make a puzzle with this difficulty again! And don’t listen to the whiners!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

I support the clock tower.
It needs to be hard, it’s a challenge for a reason. Not everything should be doable by all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Beating the clock tower gave a sense of accomplishment that I hadn’t had in a while from this game so thanks! Sometime it gets a little stale if its not hard~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Love it as well. My only complain is that it’s starting to boecome little easy by now manage to complete it like every second time I go at least. Have done it way to many times though.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I stopped when I got a headache. Going to try it again later P:
Even though I haven’t gotten very far, I enjoyed it. I might not even make it to the top, ever. But still.
Amazing jumping puzzle, love the way it’s done and all the detail that’s put in it.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jared.2391

Jared.2391

The Clock Tower is one of the best things I have seen in any MMO. Incredibly well done and a lot of fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alexnssilent.3690

Alexnssilent.3690

must….reach…the….top!!!…get away from me you kitten norn!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Beating the clock tower gave a sense of accomplishment that I hadn’t had in a while from this game so thanks! Sometime it gets a little stale if its not hard~

Ditto! Whilst the process was infuriating at times, I’ve walked away with feeling that was really fun and I’m proud of myself for getting it done! After seeing the videos, I didn’t think it would be possible for me. My only quibble would be to restrict the amount of people per layer even more so people can see where they are jumping.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mapaselli.8374

Mapaselli.8374

Just amazing! Only problem I had with it that Norn and Charr are kind of… big.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tally.5643

Tally.5643

I have had so much fun with the Clock Tower. Really amazing to see so much effort has gone into producing the Halloween activities.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

I’ve run clock tower probably hundreds of times by now. It never gets old. Love me some jump puzzles!

They just need a ghost timer like on mario cart now, so you can compete against your best time and test out different paths xD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Not since the Mile High Achievement in CoD 4 have I been more frustrated with something in a video game, or had such a sense of triumph when beating it. At least with the clock tower I completed it before something got broken; I can’t say the same about Mile High.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

Simply fantastic. Short, difficult but not impossible.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sneski.5418

Sneski.5418

I tried the tower 6 times, it only made me curse. Then I realised that I don’t like timed platformgames and how I suck at it. Then I didn’t care and was doing something else.
But still, I love the tower. It’s a great idea, it’s great to put in challenge and maybe I didn’t get challenged today, maybe next time I will. And it’s nice to see people who have fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: HaruHaru.5608

HaruHaru.5608

Clocktower the most fun puzzle yet \o/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Now i can do it with almost 100%.

18 tries* and going up …

tries = complete runs lol

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yoshfiction.6503

yoshfiction.6503

It was great when I made it!
But I think they should have included a title =(

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Skeletor.9761

Skeletor.9761

Did the clocktower and love it! the most challenging (and rewarding) jump puzzle yet.

I completed it first with my human ele, then the day after with my sylvari mesmer. You can’t expect to finish it in the first try, I was busy for at least 2 hours in total.

I can’t wait to see more of these challenging and competitive jumping puzzles! But a suggestion: add both an easy- and hard difficulty so players don’t have the feeling they are missing out on content.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I haven’t reached it yet… And I’m a bit embarrassed by how long it’s taking lol (*cough*6 hours*cough*) But I am really enjoying it!

I’ve made it to the last staircase twice now… fell but still! haha.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nexus.8174

Nexus.8174

Still haven’t beaten it. great puzzle guys

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tarage.8632

Tarage.8632

What a lot of people don’t understand is that Norn and Charr aren’t the problem.

If you aren’t ahead of 90% of the people after the first spawned part, you aren’t gonna make it in time. You have to be one of the first few people to make it.

I love this puzzle. It’s a challenge even when you’re good at it. Really, it’s a nice challenge for those of us who love these puzzles.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

about 4 hours on saturday and another 4 hours on sunday trying this jumping puzzle and still haven’t made it. But I am liking the challenge because I know its do-able. Everytime I try, I tell myself I’ll complete it this time.

And ofcourse the biggest complain is that I can’t see anything with all the charr and norn blocking the view. Thank goodness this JP doesnt count towards the halloween achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeratul.7153

Zeratul.7153

Easiest puzzle.
Completed it 77 times! YESSS

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rashamra.5138

Rashamra.5138

It’s a well designed puzzle even though I’m constantly failing it with my Charr…I wish there was an ‘achievement’ for those failing it over 100 times!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hylozoist.5210

Hylozoist.5210

I would add one drawback to it, though.

It’s less about skill and more about luck when everybody’s thrown in together – and it becomes all but impossible to see platforms through the swarm of people trying to jump them.

That really reduces the awesomeness of it a fair amount – really should have taken advantage of instancing to reduce the number of people in it at once.

It’s a sour note in what is otherwise an incredibly cool jumping puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Focksbot.6798

Focksbot.6798

It’s well designed as a concept and as a piece of 3D architecture. It really is. And I like platforming.

I just can’t stand doing it with the GW2 engine. Maybe I’ve just been over-indulged by how well this genre of challenge has been done elsewhere.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I had fun watching this video of it. Seems like a fun group of people. X^D

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

I love it. It’s addicting, but the only thing I see as a negative is playing with all those people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Yea, it definitely seems addicting. I’d probably spend the majority of this event (after each act) just doing this for fun. It’s practically built to be done Mario Bros. style. Just run through with no thought or hesitation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Abaddon.3405

Abaddon.3405

one of my favorite things about this event. Its just so much fun and an actually challenge

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

It’s frustrating but I, too, love it It makes the normal jumping puzzles in the rest of the game a bit easier somehow!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

It was the most challenging puzzle yet but the reward was worth the attempt.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I love it too!

What a lot of people don’t understand is that Norn and Charr aren’t the problem.
If you aren’t ahead of 90% of the people after the first spawned part, you aren’t gonna make it in time. You have to be one of the first few people to make it.

Actually I brought up the rear quite a number of times and still made it through. You do have to know what you’re doing and where you can shave off time though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: pfinn.2903

pfinn.2903

I absolutely sucked at the tower and gave up.. but with that said, I think its awesome. I’m really impressed with the variety of things they gave us to do for this holiday event!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eroberry.6284

Eroberry.6284

It’s less about skill and more about luck when everybody’s thrown in together – and it becomes all but impossible to see platforms through the swarm of people trying to jump them.

That really reduces the awesomeness of it a fair amount – really should have taken advantage of instancing to reduce the number of people in it at once.

I have completed this tower probably over 50-70 times by now, most if not all times when the instance was full. I’ve completed it with Norn and Charr, and i’m the smallest sized human you can be.

Also it is instanced for I’ve been told I cannot join a clock tower because it is full. That’s why I think the amount of players allowed was completely intentional to make it harder.

Personal instancing would have made it extremely easy. What they could have done was turn everyone into skeletons or ghosts, all of equal size, to reduce the blockage of races. But it is completely doable with everyone in your way. And not just out of luck.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dmitry.7124

Dmitry.7124

I died literally hundreds of times before I learned it and made it. It took me 5 hours at least. This is my absolute favorite thing in this game. I harks back to days when beating a challenge was something to be cherished.

For those getting stuck in Charr or Fatties,.. I was an asura and man it does make it harder… learn to jump out ahead off the first platform and learn to fly on the first ten jumps and you can get away enough to see yourself.

Devs, please add a title. I’d wear it proudly!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blaidd Seren.7018

Blaidd Seren.7018

Took me a looooooooong time util I could finally beat it. But when I did I jumped up and did a happy dance with my 6 yr old, lol. I’ve finished a couple of times now, but it is still no cake walk for me. Sure feel like I earned that Halloween Achievement! This Holiday event has been a blast!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

It was a good event, for sure. But, not until I was able to get on a map without fatties.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Yesss clock tower was sooo good, took me almost 100 tries, but I got it ^^

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

I enjoyed the Clock Tower jumping puzzle. It was, at first, challenging and difficult compared to the other jumping puzzles this game had thrown at me.

That said, what is likely over 50+ clears of it later, I really wish you guys would add in a harder version of the puzzle. Maybe have the ooze come up slightly faster so that there’s almost no room for error or have projectiles be flung at you. Another idea I had was to have the platforms that you jump on be moving back and forth to make landing on them more difficult.

I know this will sound like a troll post, because many people find this jumping puzzle already incredibly difficult, but I wouldn’t mind if it was even harder. That said, for what it’s worth, and how it’s presented in its present state, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jubs.2879

jubs.2879

Thoroughly enjoyed it as it was frustrating and fun at the same time. Took me a little longer than others to do at 8+ hours.

Felt pretty good after doing it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kamahil.3271

Kamahil.3271

I play this game with a great friend of mine and he waited till I completed it and cheered me on. When we both were at the top we took a lot of screen shots This was awesome.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Talve.9027

Talve.9027

Well, being asura it was actually funny how i was more afraid of decent 2 decent char jumpers and 1 norn, who were every time slowly catching me up, than that green goo. I never cared about that green goo. I was however afraid of those huge kitten guys covering my line of sight/character :>.

That was pretty much main thing that made it that challenging. Having to jump blindly a second after you got stuck for a moment and let other people catch you up :>

Loved the puzzle though. Still not as hard as xcom on impossible+ironman though…lol

Noexc / Ranger
Talve / Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Odim.9631

Odim.9631

Loved this puzzle, took me about 3 hours the feeling I had when I jumped through that clock was amazing though.
The one thing that made it really challenging was the giant character models blocking my view, but had a blast thanks Anet

Anonexus 80 Thief – Oenonexus 80 Warrior
Darkness Is Everywhere [DiE] Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

anet did say,

“Prepare your mind … for a mad time!”

it was extremely frustrating at first but once we got into the clock tower it is extremely satisfying.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lotus.3142

Lotus.3142

That puzzle was amazing. Does anyone know if it’s going to stay? I really want it to stay!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

It’s definitely a well made jump puzzle, but could use a couple of quality-of-life tweaks. (like the camera and stuff)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i did it one time failed a dozen but its ok because finally there is something challenging in the game so even when i failed i had lot of fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

I really enjoyed it. Also, once I learned my hitbox relative to my camera position without seeing my character (due to other characters being in the way) and the first difficult part, I had no issues. Once I got used to the puzzle, I really had fun racing some others to the top (and watching other players drop like flies). Ah, schadenfreude.