Clock Tower JP - Make everyone skeletons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cassio.9507

Cassio.9507

First of all, sorry for yet another Clock Tower related post!

I’m seeing a lot of sad, and sadly at the same time motivated, complaints towards our Norn and Charr players in this jumping puzzle. I love that it’s hard but it sometimes gets migraine frustrating when you have to remember the puzzle to know when and where to jump simply because you can’t see anything and players survive long into the puzzle. Dealing w/ the camera is frustrating enough hehe.

What I don’t get is that since it’s obvious you wanna limit the amount of instancing going on, or simply add to the suspense, why not just make everyone (!) the same model in there? Like skeletons or smth that’s still decent to handle? It’s halloween after all and would fit perfectly.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

So simple it’s brilliant…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Hilarious, and would make people rage.

RAINBOW skellies.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Temp.6035

Temp.6035

Because if everyone is the same model, you run into the problem that you can’t tell which one is you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thereturnedhero.3284

thereturnedhero.3284

I’m liking that idea hopefully I can beat it for once!

Member of The Legacy [OBEY]
Commander on Fort Aspenwood Server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobudo.7943

Bobudo.7943

Because if everyone is the same model, you run into the problem that you can’t tell which one is you.

Make everyone a different color skeleton!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Make everyone a different color skeleton!

or make norns big skeletons, and asura small skeletons… oh hang on.

Maybe just the colors.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Poruku.3784

Poruku.3784

This is a very good idea!

The difference is model size can be frustrating.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

Would be better if just everyone else was a skeleton. Or a ghost.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Could also put a marker over your own head that only you can see.

Or make other people look transparent to you, like that wispy ghost effect.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GeoX.5046

GeoX.5046

I was able to do this with a max size norn, took me 3 hours but i got it done…
if everyone was the same, ppl would rage about not being able to tell who they were any way.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Or they could just make it a solo instance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Or they could just make it a solo instance.

The further people get, the less the wait. It would actually be a long wait if you were there alone………and it would be less fun, as well. I wish they had just shrunk the Human, Sylvari, Norn, and Charr models to Asari size so there were no hulking figures blocking everyone’s view.

Despite all that, you really only have to make it halfway to be pretty much alone in this puzzle…

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

Terrible idea. People are complaining because their pixels are blocked, and you want everyone to look the same? The bottom line is it should be a personal instance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nivex.5863

nivex.5863

Try to get a step ahead of everyone else right as the puzzle starts and it’s a lot easier. You could also wait half a second for everyone to pass you too. Putting a marker on you another option. If all else fails, try completely exiting back to Lions Arch and enter again. With any luck you’ll have better odds.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

So much missed potential.. More I read, the more I appreciate Kickstarter.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

People are missing the point. Anet could make everybody BUT you a skeleton. Or better yet plastic spider. Then you could always tell where you are.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

I like the idea of skeletons but come on part of the challenge is dealing with everyone. small and large. Yes it took me 7 hours but I finally did it. By the time you get to the hard right jump down and up there is only a few of you any way. I am 45 and an average player. I am just more stubborn then most.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

This jumping puzzles are making me miss guild wars 1… you couldn’t jump and it was a good thing! I hate this puzzles.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

People are missing the point. Anet could make everybody BUT you a skeleton. Or better yet plastic spider. Then you could always tell where you are.

At this point, I don’t think there is a point. Game constantly reaching critical mass in the complaint department, where every idea is better than the one Anet had. I should be enjoying the game that I couldn’t get enough of, the one that had the “GW2 effect” on me, the one I should be playing right now…

More I think about it, I think GW2 was supposed to be for consoles, I really do and the only reason it was ported to PC is because of limitations of either xbox 360, or the PS3. It feels like a console game, it’s limited like a console game, it has the replay value of a console game……/rant – sorries.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

At this point, I don’t think there is a point. Game constantly reaching critical mass in the complaint department, where every idea is better than the one Anet had. I should be enjoying the game that I couldn’t get enough of, the one that had the “GW2 effect” on me, the one I should be playing right now…

More I think about it, I think GW2 was supposed to be for consoles, I really do and the only reason it was ported to PC is because of limitations of either xbox 360, or the PS3. It feels like a console game, it’s limited like a console game, it has the replay value of a console game……/rant – sorries.

So, so true.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kurrus.6124

Kurrus.6124

You turn into a glow-in-the-dark skeleton and everyone else turns into an ordinary white skeleton.

The latest in seat-occupying technology.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

How about just make everyone invisible…like enemies are half the time in WvW? ; )

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ya lets make everyone skeletons so everyone can complain that they can’t tell their skeleton from another

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How about just make everyone invisible…like enemies are half the time in WvW? ; )

I was looking through the options for an option like this when I was first running it. In Aion there’s a hotkey to make everyone except yourself invisible. Isn’t one here though.

Pretty much all my failures with the puzzle were from the beginning area.
Not only is the time limit smaller at that point but you have all the people in way. Once I was alone or 1-2 left it felt so much easier. Probably why I could do it flawlessly first go when I used a speed boost, because I was ahead of everyone and had nothing in the way.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

probably the best suggestion ever.