Clocktower, Terrible Frustrating event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Twitchz.6407

Twitchz.6407

I cant believe Arena Net is still pushing out this crappy content. Arena please act like this isn’t your first multiplayer game, only 10% of your player base is willing to spend hours upon hours trying to do such a terribly designed event.

Do you really think this kind of thing is fun, I’ve been trying to do it for an hour now and its nothing less than frustrating, most of the time i cant even see my character and have no idea where I am jumping from.

I understand a challenge, I’ve played most of the popular MMO’s around found many of them to be difficult but not 1 hours worth of hard without any kind success. To me this type of content is just broken and is exactly the opposite of want I want to be doing. I play to be entertained and have fun, this is not even near that mark.

I also understand there will be a load of people here commenting with things like ‘its easy’ and ‘your just a bad player’ these few people however make up less than 3% of the player base and have no idea what it is to play a fun game.

If this is the sort of thing we are to expect in the future ANet I wont bother to continue playing or paying as I have better things to do with my time than waste it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Best event ever.
So freaking awesome and fun because
1) you get loot
2) it’s a challenge but not too hard

I also understand there will be a load of people here commenting with things like ‘its easy’ and ‘your just a bad player’ these few people however make up less than 3% of the player base and have no idea what it is to play a fun game.

where do you get your statistics from?
Cause they are wrong.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

(edited by Aeri.5738)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This jumping puzzle and giganticus lupicus should be a newbie filter in the starting mission.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

I LOVE IT !! caps off
I usually rage quit on puzzle and jumping games
but this one was fun when I was failing it with same people for hours >.> I got it and then went to do it again and again and made some friends …. really happy about this

(edited by Riel.2160)

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

Best event ever.
1) you get loot

where do you get your statistics from?
Cause they are wrong.

Are they? How much are they off by Aeri?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

If this were instanced i’d love it. Now I can’t get past the collapsing part at the very beginning thanks to me being asura and norn & charr blocking my view 100%

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Viridi.5467

Viridi.5467

I don’t think you should push people who will tell you it’s easy into 3% of the playerbase.

I don’t have a lot of time to play myself, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Clock tower puzzle.
I kept my cool when I was failing, or I would just leave for a while. And it feels awesome when you finally complete the puzzle and you’re just dancing around next to the chest with the other 1 or 2 people that actually made it that try.

If it’s not your thing just don’t do it, mate.
It’s an event, it’ll be gone in 2 days.

The way you’re mumbling makes it sound like you’re actually one of those 3% that cannot have fun in a game and has to complete the puzzle cause it gives an achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Neoma.3207

Neoma.3207

It took me 5 hours to complete. My guild mate took about a day and a half to get it right.

It depends on how focused you are in the CT.

Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

This was far and away the most fun I’ve had in the game. It gave me a reason to keep going back. Fell? Try a different path. Camera goes funky? Try setting it up a little different at the pause.

I will say that people who keyboard turn have a very low chance of finishing. Even with my mouse polling set-up to 2500 and years of experience using my mouse to turn, it was still difficult.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: interferenz.8739

interferenz.8739

I dont know why it should be frustrating. You will make a progress and finally finish the jumping puzzle. Why should it be easy or possible to finish it within 5 mins?
That would entertain you 5 minutes .. wow.

There are enough player who already finished it – so it cant be to hard. Just dont give up.
Ah and one thing that really is good: youtube doesnt help you here :P

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

This jumping puzzle and giganticus lupicus should be a newbie filter in the starting mission.

Ah I wasn’t aware that GW2 was supposed to be a job whereas we needed a certification to be able to play it.

I bought it because it looked a fun game, sorry.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NoahGibbs.5170

NoahGibbs.5170

I find it weird some people have issues with the camera, sure it zooms in a ton when it goes up against a wall every now and then but that never stopped me. What stopped me was jumping on the wrong spot and sliding. In the end I still finished the jumping puzzle though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

The waiting and cutscene kills it >< They obviously made this for people to get “mad” and were quite successful =D 1’st time I thought about not playing anymore just because of this kinda made me lol to myself =D

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I am one of those that haven’t done Clocktower puzzle yet, but still I think that it’s very nice idea to add some harder content to Guild Wars 2 and this is a good start. Seriously, most of the events got feeling like Hello Kitty Online, having something that is not doable at first try is welcome.

To be honest I dont understand why you came here and whine, you dont need to finish it, you can try if you want to, but its not a must. At the end events like this will sepparate real players and the others, and even if am not one of players that finished it, I like the idea.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Avalon.3069

Avalon.3069

Most crappiest event in guildwars2 ever. Forcing us to do the same thigng for many hours and frustrating us with every try. I hope players will rage more and quit this game. Im about to do so.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jimm.2461

Jimm.2461

I can’t do it perfectly, but I’ve definitely done it on every character.

I think it was an awesome event and it is fun watching dozens of people fall every two minutes. I’d like a statistic on that.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

Awesome event, as majority of people think. There alredy is a thread with people that are not capable of beating this jumpin puzzle and call it “poor designed and horrible event” I suggest going there, and cry with them…

Some of those people even said it’s only doable with speed boosts and it’s class dependant (some profession will make it through and some are doomed)… ahahahaha LOL I really lolled at those comments

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

I don’t think you should push people who will tell you it’s easy into 3% of the playerbase.

I don’t have a lot of time to play myself, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Clock tower puzzle.
I kept my cool when I was failing, or I would just leave for a while. And it feels awesome when you finally complete the puzzle and you’re just dancing around next to the chest with the other 1 or 2 people that actually made it that try.

If it’s not your thing just don’t do it, mate.
It’s an event, it’ll be gone in 2 days.

The way you’re mumbling makes it sound like you’re actually one of those 3% that cannot have fun in a game and has to complete the puzzle cause it gives an achievement.

I’m one of those player who would like to enjoy the content that’s being developed and no I’m not finding it fun.
A lot of people are also saying the same thing and really Anet should know, if no one give an opinion then they are going to start losing their player base to people who don’t have hours to try, try, try, try, try again.

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

I am one of those that haven’t done Clocktower puzzle yet, but still I think that it’s very nice idea to add some harder content to Guild Wars 2 and this is a good start. Seriously, most of the events got feeling like Hello Kitty Online, having something that is not doable at first try is welcome.

To be honest I dont understand why you came here and whine, you dont need to finish it, you can try if you want to, but its not a must. At the end events like this will sepparate real players and the others, and even if am not one of players that finished it, I like the idea.

Ahh I see, define a real player then Spiky.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Really though, its not that hard. Just takes patience and persistence. if you keep falling in the same spot then you are doing something wrong. Experiment with different paths and placement until you find what works for you.

Ive seen dozens of people fall in the same spot by doing the same thing time after time. Like they think its just going to magically work the next go. Change it up.

Also, fun is subjective. I had fun spending hours as a kid trying to unlock the Akuma fight in SSFII. I liked Ninja Gaiden. And most recently X-com is brutally difficult and lots of fun.

If I wanted an interactive movie or choose your own adventure story i’d play a JPRG. GW2 is great, but beyond Lupicus, the clock tower, and select sections in some of the explorable dungeons, there hasn’t been very much challenging PvE content at all. At least not on part with what we had in GW (ToPk, Uw, FoW, Urgoz, Hard mode EoTn dungeons, et cetera…). Albeit those were added in over time.

A little bit of content for the people that want to be challenged is A-ok. And a title of some sort for those that take up and complete the challenge is exactly what achievements are supposed to be for.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

Just be very lucky so you don’t get stuck with fat charr and norn blocking the view of everything. Someone really should have thought about this event before just slapping it together.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nate McCloud.2417

Nate McCloud.2417

You don’t have to do the puzzle, you know…

Let me tell you something: I am a quitter. I am a huge quitter among a guild of people who almost never quit, okay? Usually, if I don’t get it right the first few times, I dismiss it as too hard and quit. I myself had that problem in GW1: After two unsuccessful attempts at a mission, I would consider it too hard and give up on it.

It took me 2-3 hours of trying this jumping puzzle to FINALLY get it right. I didn’t give up, whereas most of my guild members actually DID. The feeling of accomplishment was so great that I decided to keep going…I beat it 11 more times.

It’s extremely frustrating, yes. Castlevania hard, even. But once you’ve figured out the right path, the right timing, exactly where to jump and when to jump…it’s semi-simple. If you really care that much about completing it, then don’t give up, you’ll get it. Otherwise, don’t worry about it. Relax and enjoy the rest of the game.

Incidentally, I do feel it would’ve been better to make this an instanced event, instead of making everyone do it together. I was one of those “fat” charr that people have been complaining about…I felt so bad about blocking people’s view that I stopped and changed servers when people started complaining, and stopped altogether after my 12th victory.

(edited by Nate McCloud.2417)

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

You don’t have to do the puzzle, you know…

Let me tell you something: I am a quitter. I am a huge quitter among a guild of people who almost never quit, okay? Usually, if I don’t get it right the first few times, I dismiss it as too hard and quit. I myself had that problem in GW1: After two unsuccessful attempts at a mission, I would consider it too hard and give up on it.

It took me 2-3 hours of trying this jumping puzzle to FINALLY get it right. I didn’t give up, whereas most of my guild members actually DID. The feeling of accomplishment was so great that I decided to keep going…I beat it 11 more times.

It’s extremely frustrating, yes. Castlevania hard, even. But once you’ve figured out the right path, the right timing, exactly where to jump and when to jump…it’s semi-simple. If you really care that much about completing it, then don’t give up, you’ll get it. Otherwise, don’t worry about it. Relax and enjoy the rest of the game.

Incidentally, I do feel it would’ve been better to make this an instanced event, instead of making everyone do it together. I was one of those “fat” charr that people have been complaining about…I felt so bad about blocking people’s view that I stopped and changed servers when people started complaining, and stopped altogether after my 12th victory.

I completely agree McCloud and I stopped playing just before I posted the thread. I’m not a quitter either, usually I continue to do something until I succeed at it.

However saying that I simply have better things to do today, this is supposed to be a fun event and no matter how great the sense of achievement after doing it, its simply not fun to run it.

Surely ANet can make content that is both fun, challenging and make you feel like you achieved something at the end. Its not that hard other MMO’s have been doing it for years.

So in short ANet, no I’m afraid I wont be doing your content sorry, make something fun and worth playing and I will log in and play it.

(edited by Twitchz.6407)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Reapers rumble and Lunatic inquisition were both fun and challenging PvP style events. The labyrinth was fun and challenging and has chests that are rewarding enough considering the content and repeatability.

The scavenger hunt was fun and challenging so long as you didnt use the internet to cheat and actually tried to solve the riddles yourself and explored to find the ghosts. And the reward is a no level req item with nearly max lvl stats.

If you didn’t like any of those things…well sorry. A lot of people did. There was lots of stuff to do besides the puzzle. But I guess it’s impossible to completely please everyone.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

What a bizarre thread. No one is “forcing” you to do this 5 minute (theoretically) long piece of content. There’s so much more you can do in the Halloween events, yet you make out like the Clock Tower is all they have given us. It’s the smallest part of the whole event.

Who is forcing you to keep trying it?
Why do you keep trying it?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ckeeton.4907

ckeeton.4907

Yeah you cant Please everyone, if you dont like the puzzle then dont do it, but dont start writing threads how just because you dont find it fun means the majority of players dont find it fun. arenanet intentionally made it difficult, the person who designed it stated he epected less then five percent of the player base to be able to complete it, and if you do its a achievement. ACHIEVEMENT. it isnt suppose to be easy. sorry you dont understand that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leet.2608

Leet.2608

Though the puzzle was hard, I think it was fun. All games should have some challenges sometimes, not just fun 24/7. A game isn’t made to complete in 1 day, its hard work.
If you or others reading the thread is struggling with the puzzle, I have made a video for you which can help you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I19GNon_MF8
Like if it was helpfull and subscribe for more Guild Wars 2 videos.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silver.9578

Silver.9578

Absolutely love the clocktower. I’ve finished it about 50, 60 times by now (just for fun and farming bags). And yes, it was a bit frustrating at first but if you finally finish it for the first time, it’s the best feeling GW2 has to offer right now

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Felidire.2861

Felidire.2861

Best event ever.
1) you get loot

Yeah I love it, i’m hooked on the Lunatic Intuisition game. The clocktower may have taken an hour to complete, but after you’ve done that once, you can finish it just about every other try without too much trouble. (It’s all memory and focus, not so much reflexes.)

(I pop AoE-swiftness to make things 33% faster, it makes the jumping indescribably easier for me (though apparently not for everyone else!) XD

I usually rage quit on puzzle and jumping games
but this one was fun when I was failing it with same people for hours >.> I got it and then went to do it again and again and made some friends …. really happy about this

After a while of attempting it with the same people, I began cracking random jokes during the first, brief pause – to see if I could make anyone laugh themselves off the edge. xD

(edited by Felidire.2861)

in Halloween Event

Twitchz.6407

@ tomlin.8204 No one is forcing me to play it, and I stopped playing it just before I posted. I went and played another game instead.

That’s exactly the point, I left the game to go play something I would enjoy. Not a good sign for GW2.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

It’s called a challenge.
Some of the older gamers among us know such thing from early SNES games or anything.
You know, 10 years ago games weren’t meant to be finished within 6hours like some of todays most popular games (CoD) singleplayer.
Sometimes it took you even longer to beat a single out of twenty stages!
Not everything has to be a gift, or a pure matter of playtime:
It’s great to see something that actually takes skill!

So please stop complaining, the clocktower was created for a certain type of player;
And we’re more than happy about this great event!

You know, some call it the best event ever out of GW2’s complete repertoire!

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!