Completion Statistics for Clocktower of the Mad King

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Korav.8462

Korav.8462

Q:

At the completion of the event would it be possible to get statistics regarding % of people that were able to complete the jump puzzle? It would also be interesting to see the average number of attempts for those that completed the puzzle and those that attempted but didn’t complete it.

Guardian
-Ehmry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Another interesting statistic would be how often people complete it when they happen to be a charr or norn in a group of asuras and how often they complete it when they happen to be an asura in a group of charr and norn…

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spottycat.7218

Spottycat.7218

Completed with all 8 characters.
It’s a pretty rough puzzle, I can’t see most casual players beating it.

?Tasho (KGB)? •L80 Jack of Trades!
• Knights of Glory and Beer – Fort Aspenwood

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Well, looks like it’s at least more than 5%, looking how the puzzle was supposedly designed so only about 5% of all players would complete it, but the designer saying that more than that have completed it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Seriously why would they design something that they would expect only 5% to complete that is just insane!!! Why go through the effort to make content that so few will enjoy/benefit from.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Where is this 5% coming from? Link please? I completed the clock tower puzzle 5 times now. I’m use to playing platformer games o3o

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

My final try had 3 (male) norn and 2 charr in my group…but as i was already jumping for 4 straight hours i could do about half of the JP without thinking or seeing anything (and after the 2 bars i was the only one left).

My Asura is almost the tallest possible but still smaller than everyone else.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Where is this 5% coming from? Link please? I completed the clock tower puzzle 5 times now. I’m use to playing platformer games o3o

http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=7siXDrqWUTUGh-41PqrML8MN6tsaV8wRT8Ii2ztHpR0

Here you go!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arthur.6089

Arthur.6089

pfftt easy sauce, took like 30 mins and a few tries to get used to it. Very good job designing that guys. Freaking awesome minigame.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

Seriously why would they design something that they would expect only 5% to complete that is just insane!!! Why go through the effort to make content that so few will enjoy/benefit from.

Can’t have elitism without a way of dividing the elite from the carebear. At least, that’s the impression I get reading other threads on the subject. I suspect ArenaNet was actually shooting for a sense of accomplishment – the clock tower doesn’t “block” other achievements, so it’s optional in that sense – but with such a low percentage, it’s really hard to understand how ArenaNet expected most of the folks in the game to enjoy it.

If the designer’s figures are to be believed, a dev group made a deliberate decision to exclude 19 out of 20 people from one of the more touted activities in a limited time, special event. Add that to the “one-time surprise” for which anyone not in North America that wants to attend the event will have to take a couple of caffeine tablets and a sick day, and you get an impression of exclusionary thinking. European players were a treated a bit condescendingly, and Oceanic players weren’t even addressed, in the “hey, we thought it out!” announcement.

It’s a shame, as other parts of the event were actually inclusive and fun. I typically don’t PvP, but I did enjoy the mechanics surrounding Lunatic Inquisition. (I can leave Reaper’s Rumble, though – not well constructed) and the various scavenger quests & item-driven achievements. It just sucks knowing that ArenaNet will be designing other events in the future that, well, aren’t designed for me to complete – so, there’s even less incentive to attend these friggin’ lag-laden grief-fests.

(edited by AveryFarman.2973)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

The puzzle is a far cry from impossible, you might get stuck at certain places, I probably have fallen and failed at the same spots you did or even more, but now I can do it successively in a row without failing….its a matter of practice and the puzzle is fun! No reason to nerf or remove it if you chose to quit….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jihoko.3927

Jihoko.3927

This is a very easy question to answer, actually. It is good to have something in-game for people of all skill levels. This puzzle was made for platform enthusiasts that want a real challenge. We may be a minority of all GW2 players, but that doesn’t mean we can’t sometimes have content made just for us. The vast majority of content in GW2 is made to be completed by 100% of players, but any MMO with depth will have a wealth of side-content designed to appeal to specialized interests.

GW2 has embraced this philosophy by offering a robust structured PvP system, siege PvP, and a normal PvE game. Very few will like everything the game has to offer, but the variety means they will probably find something to like. There are already games out there that essentially only design content for the broadest section of players, we don’t need more. If Arenanet started to only design content that they expect only 5% will complete, then that would be a mistake. Having a very, very small % of content that presents this sort of challenge though is completely reasonable and gives the game depth it might otherwise not have.

Cheers.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

No one is being excluded from this content people. Everyone can have a go at it. And there are those that quit after an hour of trying and cursing, but there are also those that succeed after 3 hours of laughing at their own misfortune, but practicing till they get it right. You need to have the right mindset, and you have to like platforming.

It also helps if you use your mouse to control the camera.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

This is a very easy question to answer, actually. It is good to have something in-game for people of all skill levels. This puzzle was made for platform enthusiasts that want a real challenge. We may be a minority of all GW2 players, but that doesn’t mean we can’t sometimes have content made just for us. The vast majority of content in GW2 is made to be completed by 100% of players, but any MMO with depth will have a wealth of side-content designed to appeal to specialized interests.

GW2 has embraced this philosophy by offering a robust structured PvP system, siege PvP, and a normal PvE game. Very few will like everything the game has to offer, but the variety means they will probably find something to like. There are already games out there that essentially only design content for the broadest section of players, we don’t need more. If Arenanet started to only design content that they expect only 5% will complete, then that would be a mistake. Having a very, very small % of content that presents this sort of challenge though is completely reasonable and gives the game depth it might otherwise not have.

Cheers.

theres xxxx jumping puzzles that are already easy

and i dont get where this 5% came from?
all players i know did it already, yea maybe it took them few hours to finish it but they did it

maybe i should cry why getting legendary weapon is soo hard it should be for everyone not only 1% or less players

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

OMFG that was insane. 12 + hours is what it took me, kitten close to 13. I finally made it. I had 7 hours logged on my main (asura smallest model) but couldn’t complete it. Too many camera glitches. So grabbed my norn (largest model) and did it. 5-6 hours later…I FINALLY made it! I was exhilirated. However, 12+ hours is too long for an achievement that is only around for a week….I mean anyone who only has 1 hour a day and needs practice to do it is not gonna get it. Not if they want to participate in any other Halloween events anyway.