I don't suppose there'll be a Carnival event!?...

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

While Halloween is Greatly selebrated in America, England, Ireland and perhaps some other country I’m unaware off, It doesnt mean much for the rest of the Europe, aside from having perhaps some minor celebration day, and/or seeing strange costumes suddenly poping up in our videogames.

I wonder if there’ll be any hint of celebration of Carnival or something similar in February (that it’s considered to be the equivalent of Haloween by the children). Some kind of Mask festival…

…and don’t be toxic!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

In GW1 there was the Lunar Festival which was in some ways the equivalent of the carnival (at least it was similar to it in many ways but with an asian flavor).
However, due to the fact we haven’t access to cantha in GW2, yet, I don’t think we’ll see the lunar festival before a while.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Cajun here. I’d love to see a Carnival/Mardi Gras themed event as well.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

A Brazilian style Carnival would be great. The costumes and the kind of party ArenaNet could make would be amazing.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

Carnival means clowns, right?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Not really in that regard. There’s some minor circus themes involved (masks, performers, etc), but the basis of the holiday is rooted in religion… Catholicism, specifically. Carnival was meant as one last chance to enjoy all of the indulgences of life before the fasting season begins.

Of course, in modern context, you can easily remove the religious connotations and just enjoy the celebration. Some cultures celebrate it on one official day, but others start celebrating it pretty much the week after New Year’s. I’m in the latter group.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grendel.7918

Grendel.7918

I’d be up for this. But we’re calling it Mardi Gras…

GO TEAM LOUISIANA! we took your carnival and added copious amounts of booze and stupidity. In fact, that seems to be how we handle all cultural traditions…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nooka.8390

Nooka.8390

Mardi Gras would be awesome

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

Not really in that regard. There’s some minor circus themes involved (masks, performers, etc), but the basis of the holiday is rooted in religion… Catholicism, specifically. Carnival was meant as one last chance to enjoy all of the indulgences of life before the fasting season begins.

Actually Carnival has its roots in ancient Roman traditions, it just got christianized over time. Same for Halloween actually with its obviously Celtic roots.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.