Is It Possible To Make Halloween Skins Account Bound?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aarom.4910

Aarom.4910

Hey, I was wondering if anybody else thought this would be a good idea.

The skins on the market are meh and annoying. And since the drops are so rare, a lot of us don’t have the gold to buy the skins we want. Why not just make the skins account bound and increase the drop rate signifigantly? That would seem a lot better to me.
Saved my keys for a couple months, opened 10+ chests so far, and nothing. And the mad king chests rates are pretty bad too. I thought the skins were going to be account bound.

Am I alone?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Its not that the drop rates are so low, its that everyone and their grandma wants the greatsword skin, which drives up the prices. Take a look at the dagger for instance, I assume it has the same drop rate as the greatsword but sells for 2 gold right now because no one wants it. Everyone needs to stop blaming the drop rate of the chests for ruining their halloween.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Too late. People have spent many gold on skins already. Also there would be no point to the skins if the drop rate was increased significantly.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aarom.4910

Aarom.4910

For me, it’s the fact that they are festive skins. Not extra damage, just ways to make your look different. And with all the people who got zilch having to break their bank to get one, just seems to ruin the holiday spirit. 2 gold is a lot to some people. I was just hoping for a less marketing, more dulling effect. Their wouldn’t be so many complaints about them not dropping if they were account bound.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

All they need to do is sell the weapons as account bound for 500 – 700 gems, in addition to the random Bind on Use items from the boxes. Then some people will buy keys to sell them to the gemless and everyone that wants one can purchase something.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Having a skin you are satisfied with forever sucks the life out of the cosmetic aspect of the rest of the game, considering how hard it is to get a decent skin, especially a decent weapon skin, through other avenues. Having a disproportionately easy method to get a cool looking skin would still be unfair. Hence why all gem costumes are town clothes – why bother spending 110 gold on cultural armor if you can just wait until the next holiday?

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

to sell them to the gemless

Did you forget that everyone can buy gems? Why would anyone open boxes when they can just buy them at the gem store?

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

spellchekc.5409

to sell them to the gemless

Did you forget that everyone can buy gems? Why would anyone open boxes when they can just buy them at the gem store?

I don’t know what you mean.

1) Cash→Gems then Gems
2) Gems<→Gold

Account bound gem purchase either through cash or gold conversion
The nonbound versions from chests would be valued at the gem to gold value (during the event) and then go up in value after you can’t purchase the items in the store anymore.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

But they wouldnt be valued at the gem to gold value. Who would buy many keys to open up chests and sell items when they can buy them on the store?

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

spellchekc.5409

no one, thats the point. some people who like buying keys would buy them, everyone else can get what they want without rng. some of the key ppl would end up with an item valued much greater after the event.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

everyone else can get what they want

Love it. Why do you feel the need to have everything given to you? I love it when I walk by someone with a cool skin that I know I’ll probably never get. Its not cool anymore if everyone has them.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

spellchekc.5409

everyone else can get what they want

Love it. Why do you feel the need to have everything given to you?

Thats a pretty big claim when we’re talking about a videogame.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

Im not claiming anything

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

spellchekc.5409

Im not claiming anything

yeah, take care

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

Why is something not cool if everyone has it? That’s ridiculous . If it’s cool to you, it’s cool. If it’s coolness relies on it being rare then what’s the point? Oooh, I have this rare thing that I actually don’t like, but holy kitten, other people don’t have it!

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

Why is something not cool if everyone has it? That’s ridiculous . If it’s cool to you, it’s cool. If it’s coolness relies on it being rare then what’s the point? Oooh, I have this rare thing that I actually don’t like, but holy kitten, other people don’t have it!

That exact same scenario applies pretty much everywhere in life so I dont see where youre going with that.

Look, there are so many things in this event to do, why let the fact that you didnt get a skin ruin it?

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

That exact same scenario applies pretty much everywhere in life so I dont see where youre going with that.

Look, there are so many things in this event to do, why let the fact that you didnt get a skin ruin it?

Um? That’s it’s petty and silly to not like something as much just because it’s common. The skins don’t matter to me period as I don’t have the patience or desire for them. The argument that them being common would make them less cool is eye roll worthy though. (I see this argument time and time again in WoW players, it’s not any better with them.)