Mad King Says, missing something from GW1

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

This is small, but I wanted to say I missed something from Mad Kind Says this year. In previous years, doing (or not doing) the right thing in Mad King says awarded a trick-or-treat bag. It was a small reward that kept you a bit more excited to play the game, and keep up with the mad king. This year, we played for the hat and that was it.

The hat is cool, don’t get me wrong, I love my hat. But I miss the little bit of extra ToT bag reward, and I know I saw several people in chat saying things along the lines of ’that’s it? just the hat?’

All in all, great event, loved the pumpkin carving, candy corn mining and so many other things. But felt the end fell a little flat.

Can’t wait to see what the team does with Wintersday!

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Khalessi.3479

Khalessi.3479

Hmm, I got the hat the first time but every other time I did it I was rewarded with bags. I got 10 bags the last time I did it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

You get bags on subsequent runs. 25 if you get it all right.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dualius.4916

Dualius.4916

You get ToT bags for repetition. 1 for Bronze, 10 for Silver and 20-25 for Gold.

CURSE YOUUUU ANTHONY ORDONNNN!!!!!

Just kidding xP

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Hmm, I got the hat the first time but every other time I did it I was rewarded with bags. I got 10 bags the last time I did it.

As did I.

I actually did hear a few people on the map asking where the ToT bags were for every correct action. I never played Mad King Says in GW1, so I don’t have a comparison, but I would rather a chest reward over ToT bags for the actions. I don’t think they could/should do both.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

The one thing I miss is him killing you!

And Rock, Paper, Scissors! Please bring those emotes back, ANEt!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

When I was building it I thought it would be in poor taste to break people’s armor. So he brings you down to 1% health instead.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Ah true…forgot about that. I suppose there’s no way to kill someone without making their armour break like fall damage does then?

He’s still epic, though. Loved how he sat on the roof of the bank and watched people plummet into the cauldron. I did initially think he was inside the bank and was going to start stealing my money for joke books.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

When I was building it I thought it would be in poor taste to break people’s armor. So he brings you down to 1% health instead.

You could have made him randomly teleport you to a very high place. Raining people, that would be hilarious hahaha. Too late now.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hongxing.9528

Hongxing.9528

Loved it and got the hat.

After reading this, I realised that I didn’t miss much not having to repeat it (due to countless of hours into clock tower.

However, the first time I’ve tried it, I missed the first command and I was sent straight into the pot. Was that part of the design.

2nd try, I managed to get all of them right except 2. One of which is saying YES, and the other one is a bug. He did not say Mad King say…I did not do anything, yet was hit down to 1% health.

Any way, good work.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Interesting, because i always got an empty chest reopening it.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ClanTzimisce.1269

ClanTzimisce.1269

I think what you did was great. It’s hilarious when he trolls you then knocks you down with laughing pumpkins over your head.

And I second that request. Bring back the other emotes please Air guitar, Boo, rock/paper/scissors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I kind of wish I’d known. After doing it the first time I walked away feeling a bit of ’that’s it?’ Didn’t see a reason to go back again.

What can I say, I’m Pavlov’s dog…. If I get food the first time you ring the bell, I come running to the bell when it rings… but if it’s not there the first time the bell rings, the next time the bell rings, I don’t wander over. :P

Awesome to know that the goodies were in there, but I think they should have been there for a first run to ‘prime the pump’ to come back.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Anthony!

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sinnyil.3648

Sinnyil.3648

For the future, couldn’t you use the same death thingie as falling? That doesn’t cause equipment damage

Sinnyil – Beastgate Flaming Charr Mesmer of Doom

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

I wish we would of received a hat each time we completing the quest as in GW1, especially since I would of like it on multiple characters and there is no in game hat distributor * cough cough. * And yes I know I could of switched characters but by the time I switched, I was sent to a different overflow and the Mad King was no where to be found so I had to wait all over again