So...what am I doing?

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Let’s see, I’m trying to figure out just what I’m doing with this event.

So I’ve got a lvl 40 Warrior, a lvl 41 Mesmer and a lvl 62 Elementalist I’m currently focusing on to 80. I’m not sure what any of these events are actually for and I’d like to know if they are worth my time. As interesting as the events may be, I can just read the wiki to read stuff. What I’d like to know is what do I get from each event.

Anet just threw a bunch of stuff out and I don’t even know what I can or can’t do and where to start.

I started the mad memoir thing and got the first volume and looking at it, seems rather pointless but yay for something fun to do…however, I need candy corn to power the device…so I have to go farm that…then there’s pumpkins around I need to carve for who knows what reason and costume brawls for whatever.

Title topic- what am I doing? Or to help answer my question, what are you guys doing and is it worth doing? Costume Brawl was interesting for 15min….now is there any reason to keep doing it?

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I’m doing it for the Emissary of the Mad King title, and almost got Master Carver, it’s fun and worth it for me…

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Did you do the scavenger hunt? that’s about all you can do right now besides the costume brawl for achievement points. Then you can go out and mine candy corn and gather up the mats for the halloween skins. Or you can farm some black lion keys and try your hand at lady luck and open some chests.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

Does that come with some sort of title you can place under your name? Or maybe a map icon for yourself that others can see?

I’m not asking for weapon skins (although I’d like those too) but please tell me there’s a purpose to any of this.

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

I barely found out how to get candy corn in the first place (apparently doors appear out of nowhere randomly that I have to just run around looking for?). Is there some sort of NPC that helps you learn where crafting materials are for these skins?

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

The titles are placed under your HP bar when people select you. There’s enough commanders on the map, I don’t think we need more icons.

In general, it’s just for fun.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

I think the messed up thing is, I’ve been reading various topics on his holiday event board and still don’t understand what’s going on. And it feels like luck that I even got the 1st event I did done thanks to guild member help.

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aeonZgamer.5307

aeonZgamer.5307

I barely found out how to get candy corn in the first place (apparently doors appear out of nowhere randomly that I have to just run around looking for?). Is there some sort of NPC that helps you learn where crafting materials are for these skins?

You do realize Candy Corn Nodes are all over the dang place…pick up Pickaxe Go outside city Go freaknasty crazy mining the nodes

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

I think what’s pissing me off is how unintuitive this is with the rest of the game. The clues? Can’t make heads or tails of them unless you look at a wiki or something. Candy Corn Nodes? Not on the map like pretty much every other harvestable node. Haunted doors? Disappear when another player clicks on them unlike other quest objects.

The more I try to play this event the more frustrated I’m getting with it. Don’t know why, the rest of the game seems tough but I’ve coped.

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kandyce.7406

kandyce.7406

How do you farm black lion keys?

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

I think what’s pissing me off is how unintuitive this is with the rest of the game. The clues? Can’t make heads or tails of them unless you look at a wiki or something. Candy Corn Nodes? Not on the map like pretty much every other harvestable node. Haunted doors? Disappear when another player clicks on them unlike other quest objects.

The more I try to play this event the more frustrated I’m getting with it. Don’t know why, the rest of the game seems tough but I’ve coped.

Candy corn nodes show up as ore. So you have to hover over them to see if they are candy corn or not. As far as the rest I agree…I wish there was a little more directing.

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

I didn’t even realize that much until outright asking about it. I was just finding them after aimlessly running around looking for something. Good thing they stand out.

So...what am I doing?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

The riddles are incredibly easy.

I’ll give you a hint – everything takes place in Kryta, so far. If you haven’t explored Kryta at all yet, do so. You should find locations (actually pay attention to the names) and be able to tie together the clues. Some clues even point to other locations in Lion’s Arch.

As far as I’m aware, this is what Halloween has so far:

Scavenger Hunt
Costume Brawl
Pumpkin Carving
Lots of Items

Other stuff will be arriving in Act Two on Friday, presumably.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi