To people who complain about Norns and Charrs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nyaru.7954

Nyaru.7954

Have you no sense of evaluation and momentum? I could do the puzzle with my character invisible if I had to. Hell, I could go past certain points blindfolded thanks to muscle memory.

Charrs and Norns never bothered me in the puzzle. I did try and try for 4 hours, I raged a lot, and it was fun. But that was only because I failed.

90% of the people will fail after the pause, which is the trickiest part, and yet doesn’t require precision, it’s only big floating rocks (compared to later’s small wooden beams). After those few jumps you will only be 3 or 4, and you are rarely exactly synched, so even with a Charr it shouldn’t be a problem.

So there you are. The swarm of players is a bit ennoying, but nowhere near as much as you make it sound. It’s only ennoying for the few jumps right after the pause, and you should be very much able to tell where your character is, even if you lost him in the crowd.

You can’t? Well that sucks, guess you’re better at Call of duty than Super Meat Boy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Whole your post is anthem to u. I and i, and i. Yes, ok. Simple facts are: Norn and Charr take most and lots of space on your screen. End of topic. Thats it. Deal with it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Just let the horde go in front after the pause, and you won’t have trouble with that part. People are so much into rushing that first bit.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

All too true, I keep saying that the first few platforms might need getting used to without seeing your character on occasion, but after that you will most likely be soloing the rest of the instance, its no reason to chid on charrs or norns unless they are griefing on purpose such as using speed buffs etc, most of the time its the people who complain that are actually doing the griefing because the other player only wanted to play and do the puzzle, rudeness just because of their character model and race is misplaced and uneccessary

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Rolling an Asura, I gave up on jumping from the big gear. The higher small platform is doable once you can time it properly, and barely anyone uses it. You land in with the zerg afterwards but you should know where you’ve landed which makes moving forward that much easier.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

I did my first attempt for only about an hour with my norn, after that less then half an hour for my asura.

IT IS harder to do it with an asura because everyone else does block your view, although at the end I did it just like you say.

The problem is NOT everyone can do it like that.

But I like the difficulty as it is.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Nyaru.7954

Rolling an Asura, I gave up on jumping from the big gear. The higher small platform is doable once you can time it properly, and barely anyone uses it. You land in with the zerg afterwards but you should know where you’ve landed which makes moving forward that much easier.

The “big gear” is where you pause? It’s actually near impossible to fall here. As soon as the platforms appear just jump towards it, you don’t really have to aim, you will fall on the small plate 100% of the time.

The few jumps after that are the hardest ones though

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flabber Babble.8720

Flabber Babble.8720

yea, there is a lot of movement going on. you have to go into a sort of tunnel vision mode to not get yourself confused when making the jumps.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Yup. Never really got a chance to see where I was supposed to jump from the big gear, so instead of failing there until I figured it out, I did what worked for me. Anyways, I was eventually able to complete the puzzle using the small platform. It’s an alternative for those who are struggling with being unable to see their character at the first jump.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

As a charr I don’t feel bad for you, we run on all fours (close to the ground) plus we are tall so our camera freaks the kitten out when we jump, stand by a wall, or rotate to fast.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

The only difference between the ‘challenge’ of doing it in a solo instance vs. a shared instance is blocked view!
Difficulty of the jumps/timing is exactly the same.

I could live with a more or less blocked view if my avatar was in the same position relative to my screen all the time: But the shoddy camera control in GW2 also messes up that.

I eventually gave up playing my melee char in GW2 because I was forced to play blindfolded because of the inability to turn off unwanted effects.
I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to adapt to the shortcomings of GW2’s flawed/lacking view options: I prefer having fun with something else instead.

Nevermind the loot, I can live without that, but the puzzle seemed somewhat fun the first few tries until I realized I was battling bad design and not just a puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

It took me about an hour to finish the tower on my human for my first time. After that I knew the path to the top well and so on my asura I finished the tower on my second or third try.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

hahahaahhahahaha

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Have you no sense of evaluation and momentum? I could do the puzzle with my character invisible if I had to. Hell, I could go past certain points blindfolded thanks to muscle memory.

Charrs and Norns never bothered me in the puzzle. I did try and try for 4 hours, I raged a lot, and it was fun. But that was only because I failed.

90% of the people will fail after the pause, which is the trickiest part, and yet doesn’t require precision, it’s only big floating rocks (compared to later’s small wooden beams). After those few jumps you will only be 3 or 4, and you are rarely exactly synched, so even with a Charr it shouldn’t be a problem.

So there you are. The swarm of players is a bit ennoying, but nowhere near as much as you make it sound. It’s only ennoying for the few jumps right after the pause, and you should be very much able to tell where your character is, even if you lost him in the crowd.

You can’t? Well that sucks, guess you’re better at Call of duty than Super Meat Boy.

Nice patronizing, but you don’t seem to understand the problem.

As you said, the part just after the wait is the trickiest. Not the one that require the most accuracy, but the one that require the most awareness. The small cube floating in the middle, higher than the rest, depending on the distance and the angle, can either be a stepping stone or an obstacle. Alone or in middle sized crowed, it is easy to navigate around. In the middle of a fur patch, you have to guess-jump, cross fingers that lag didn’t put you a bit behind or forward, and pray that no one will give you a speed boost, because you can’t make any correction at all. Muscle memory just doesn’t cut it.

As for Super Meat Boy, this game allows you to restart instantly, and doesn’t suffer any lag. You fail, you understand why, you retry and do better. And you work some muscle memory in.
Here, you jump from you don’t know where, then fall you don’t know where, don’t see what the problem was since you couldn’t see a single thing which wasn’t a charr. And you have to wait a whole minute to retry. Drain the fun really quickly.
It doesn’t make the thing impossible. It just makes it way more random than it should be. Random in jumping puzzle isn’t fun, plain and simple, and the “wait here, doing nothing” only amplify it after all the adrenaline the timed thing pump into you.

So, TL;DR : the jumping puzzle is totally fine and fun, but saying that not seeing your character isn’t a problem is just wrong. Comparing it so SMB even more, because SMB lack the very problem we are discussing here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This couldn’t have been posted in one of the hundreds of threads we now have discussing the jump puzzle or this issue specifically? You had to create your own thread because your opinion was so much more important than anyone else’s that it has to have its own thread?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rodriguez.7682

Rodriguez.7682

Norn’s finally have a jumping puzzle where they’re at an advantage: Everyone complains.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Simple facts are: Norn and Charr take most and lots of space on your screen. End of topic. Thats it. Deal with it.

This, I’ve done the puzzle a bunch of times and my Asura, and Norns and charrs are a pain.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flabber Babble.8720

Flabber Babble.8720

What sucks is that people will blame big toons for messing up their jumps. Take that out, and it comes down to faulty cameras/poor reset detection/glitchy geography/etc…

No matter what, people won’t admit that they just simply haven’t mastered it yet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

Bull… 15 players and half of them being charr and norn is a big problum clocktower is a breeze after you get past all the blob of mass on the screen, I have beat this thing about 10 times. and the easiest times were when there was very few players who were there or if they all fell right away.

in Halloween Event

Nyaru.7954

What sucks is that people will blame big toons for messing up their jumps. Take that out, and it comes down to faulty cameras/poor reset detection/glitchy geography/etc…

No matter what, people won’t admit that they just simply haven’t mastered it yet.

This, that’s what I meant. Of course Charrs are a bit ennoying, they might make you fail a few times. That’s nothing compared to the hundreds of other attempts people are likely to fail on their own.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

What I’m getting from your post: Only the hardest and most oft-repeated part of the course (the beginning) is made harder by the presence of Norn/Charrs. Yeah, that’s a bad thing.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic