Unofficial Costume Brawl Tier List!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

Thought it would be fun to hear some of your opinions on this.

So for you costume brawl aficionados, which costumes do you think are top tier and which ones are at the bottom of the barrel?

For me it seems to be like this:

S Tier
Mad King – This one is a given. Massive AoE fears, mass daze (or is it confusion?), food fight table fire. Basically has a lot of good tools.

Ghost (As per Dovahkiin) – AoE fear traps are excellent zoning/area of denial tools. Invulnerability is great and CD is quick and you’re able to use skills while in it. By the time the shield wears off it’s almost off CD, which is kinda OP. The slime is another good tool to keep others at bay and the basic attack is a long range AoE. Basically, the Ghost is good at keeping people away while still being able to dish out damage.

A Tier
Mummy – 1 has so much range for a simple arm swing and can be spammed so much. AoE interrupt, long invulnerability ability, dash. Only thing keeping it from S tier is it’s movement speed.

Plant Wolf (As per Bobobejumbo) – He is often mistaken for a ranger pet, and his 1 attack is so darn quick. I got 50 Brawler Crowns in 15 minutes with him.

B Tier
Skeleton – Can literally stand back and AoE from afar. Has an AoE daze that interrupts and a forward kick that seems to hit in a cone and also interrupts.

C Tier
Plastic Spider – Only two attacks but 1 can be spammed really fast. I don’t know if it hits multiple targets but I’ve seen someone just piling on attacks without stopping.

Pig – Nothing great. Standard forward attack and a lunging interrupt that knocks down. Both are slow though.

D Tier
Candy Corn Elemental – Really slow and bulky. Not a fan.

I haven’t tried any of the other costumes. I don’t actually know what a witch does aside from making cauldrons and riding on the broom, so if someone could fill me in? And with all other costumes as well!

(edited by RenRen.5706)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobobejumbo.4951

Bobobejumbo.4951

Plant Wolf belongs in A Tier. He is often mistaken for a ranger pet, and his 1 attack is so darn quick. I got 50 Brawler Crowns in 15 minutes with him.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dovahkiin.1602

Dovahkiin.1602

Ghost Should be in S Tier, it has a trap that fear all around who set it off, drops goo that hits ppl who stand in it every 1 second spamable 1 attack and most of all can go Invis/Unvulnerable for 3 seconds while still using skills.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Witch has long range/long delay basic attack, permanent invulnerability in broom (of course, you can’t attack while in the broom) and the melt ability that does massive AOE damage and gives invulnerability while in effect.

If the mad king is the ultimate offensive costume, then the witch is the ultimate defensive costume.

(edited by Redamz.5038)

in Halloween Event

RenRen.5706

Ahh, that does seem like the case. Where would you put Witch at though? Anyone have anymore input on other costumes? I’d love to hear more!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

I’ve heard that Eagle Raptor number 2 is an cone screech that basically hits everyone in front of you. Pretty useful for wracking up points near the Cauldron.

Boxing Gloves… I think I’d put that in B Tier. They have a normal attack, a block, a knockdown, and a flurry. If you time the flurry right, you get get a ton of points. Everything is in melee range, though, so fears and Witch Bats mess you up.

I’d definitely put Witch somewhere in the top two tiers. Drive by bats make for easy points and firing off the melting AoE in the middle of a group gets you points astoundingly quick. I know a few people that just melt, jump on the broom until melt recharges, then hop off and melt again. They can technically be permanently invincible while still getting points.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Ice Elemental, probably C Tier. They only have two attacks, but they’re both ranged and one of them is a 7 second Ground Targeted AoE cripple with a 2 second recharge, so if you’re going against melee, you can literally kite them endlessly.

Golemite, definitely very low tier. I vote D. They have two attacks. One is a really slow straight punch, the other is an attack with a windup time that spins you around then dashes at the enemy, hitting things in your path. It takes forever to windup though and a fear/daze/knockdown/or sidestep ruins it. :P

Hylek Witch (what you turn into when a Witch drinks from her own Cauldron), understandably low tier. They have two attacks. A straight attack with a broom, and a knockback on a 5 second cooldown.

Pirate Costume…. probably high B Tier. Their 1 attack is a flurry that can hit three times. Their number 2 is a shout that gives protection from brawl skills for three seconds on a 5 second cooldown, during which time you can still attack. By alternating 1 and 2, you can wrack up quite a lot of points. 3 is a point blank AoE cripple on a 10 second cooldown. The cannon is fun, but it’s stationary. However, if you build it somewhat out of the way, you can rain down cannonballs on large groups and get a ton of points before they even know what’s happening!

And, yes, in case you’re wondering, I love Costume Brawl! :P

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Highest Tier is any Rogue with Signet of Shadows and boxing gloves.

Movement speed means no one can escape. Block ability is near invulnerability. Works also with Mad King and Witch(The one with near permanent fear)

Signets should not work when in costume =(

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

I love that mummy. Stumble around and get behind someone and before they know whats going on. 11111111111 and get your crown.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i bought the witch costume and have been using it a bit. no idea where to put it, but someone in a mad king costume just completely destroyed me. he was a guardian and had “save yourselves” on at all times, it felt like. i could never get away from him and he kept me in a daze + 1 hit/second aoe of some sorts. so basically i couldn’t do anything and was killed within about 10 seconds or so. even when i used shake it off to get rid of the daze, and then dodged twice, i was still in range of his annoying 1hit/second ability.

i wasn’t aware the broom riding made you invulnerable, i’ll have to try that.

the melting into goo skill might sound great, but in a 1 on 1 it’s bad to actually use this skill. it’ll give your opponent all the time in the world to prepare the attack for when you reappear out of the puddle.

edit: oh, i forgot one thing. as with many other bundles and transformation skills/elites, the with costume’s auto attack actually has like an extra second cooldown. very annoying.

(edited by Nemui.6753)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

The Cook Costume auto-attack is a 3 second stun with a 2 second cooldown.

So you can perma-stun anyone. Pretty much S-Tier on 1v1.

It also has a fear ability and a cripple. PLUS the roast pig she can spawn will regenerate your Hit Points.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

The Cook Costume auto-attack is a 3 second stun with a 2 second cooldown.

So you can perma-stun anyone. Pretty much S-Tier on 1v1.

It also has a fear ability and a cripple. PLUS the roast pig she can spawn will regenerate your Hit Points.

I second this, the cook is one of the most annoying brawlers I’ve encountered because it’s almost impossible to do anything back to them.

Also, if you happen to get turned into a golem, they are alright too but I’m not sure where i would put them on the list, B maybe? They don’t have many attacks but their number 2 attack pretty much lets you mow through a crowd of brawlers, knocking them back and interrupting them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

oh, i just figured out one more thing. witch costum 3 has you stand still and do nothing, not even dodge for 7 seconds. but the invulnerability only last 5. so every time you use it, you have to take 2-3 seconds of punishment for no good reason.

in Halloween Event

RenRen.5706

Okay so I tried out the Ghost costume and yes, it’s definitely on par with Mad King. AoE fear traps are excellent zoning/area of denial tools. Invulnerability is great and CD is quick. By the time the shield wears off it’s almost off CD, which is kinda OP. The slime is another good tool to keep others at bay and the basic attack is a long range AoE. Basically, the Ghost is good at keeping people away while still being able to dish out damage. My favorite costume so far!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I really like the owl form, u get protection from attacks, it’s small/hard to see and does quick attacks also.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|