We need seperation! Clocktower-Event

in Halloween Event

Posted by: vipLink.8376

vipLink.8376

I’m really happy with the second Act of the Halloween Event. I haven’t seen everything yet, but there’s just so much more to do than I had initially expected. Everyone at Arenanet did a great Job on this, and you all deserve a nice pat on the back.

Right, now that thats out of the way, the Clock-Tower Event…
No, No… please don’t start flaming, I know we already have way to many Posts on this, I just want to get a point across.

The difficulty on this is awesome, I like it. A challenge makes everything infinitly better.
However jumping and still not seeing where your little Asuran is in the Crowd… not so much. I’m sure that even if I could it would still be Hard, but atleast the learning Curve wouldn’t be as steep. It’s really anoying trying to find out where you need to jump and where to land without seeing that you just got stuck on that little Edge you thought you’d past.

And basicly this happens because that Charr everybody’s hating right now, has had way to many meals lately. Trying hard not to seem racist right now, but it’s time we seperated the races in Tyria. Quaggan stay on this side of the line with the Asura and all us cool little people, and all you Norn and Charr better stay of our Land!

I mean, just for these kind of jumping Puzzles…
Either that or we all get some generic bland diffrent colored charackters while we’re participating (<— This is being Ironic and a very bad Idea, do not agree with this).

As things are know, I’d recommend anyone trying this Event with a small char and failing hard, to first try it with a Norn or Charr alt (yeah… nice block everyone elses view) and get a feel for the Path. Then go back to your, for obvious reasons, more favorable Asuran (or Sylvari/human, whatever) and try again.

Edit:

I just quit when all the asuran started to complain and literally hated my norn guy away.

This is not fair, I would like to strongly discourage anyone from trying to boot anyone out of the game just because it’s making it harder for you.

(edited by vipLink.8376)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yeah I completely agree. I gave up on the puzzle for now, too many big guys playing right now. On the other hand I don’t know if I wan to play it on a Charr or Norn, might be easy mode, but I don’t want to be the object of hate either.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Larrvin.4627

Larrvin.4627

I just quit when all the asuran started to complain and literally hated my norn guy away. It’s not fun reading this kind of messages: “Norn go home!” “Bookahs raus!”
I hate timers anyway.
You doing very wrong creating a friendly social atmosphere with these kind of brainfarts.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: haemophage.4325

haemophage.4325

Agreed, great puzzle, should be done solo or in a party. Also disliking the lvl of hatred for the two ‘fat’ races. Lucky i chose a sylvari so i dont have to put up with the hating.

Would love this puzzle if it was able to be done outside of the zerg on a 2" platform.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ian Smith.8690

Ian Smith.8690

Solution for “fat” races, turn everyone who enters into human skeletons. Then everyone is on equal playing field.

I think a good developer should be a person not a professional. —DayZ designer Dean Hall

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EricGORE.7896

EricGORE.7896

Solution for “fat” races, turn everyone who enters into human skeletons. Then everyone is on equal playing field.

I actually like this idea more than instancing the event and making it “solo”. Half the fun is running around with a bunch of random people, trying to overcome the challenge together. This would keep that aspect, while putting everyone on the same level. Good call.

Do I make you Norny, baby?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: vipLink.8376

vipLink.8376

I just quit when all the asuran started to complain and literally hated my norn guy away. It’s not fun reading this kind of messages: “Norn go home!” “Bookahs raus!”

I’m sincerly sorry, thought It’s my opinion that the difficulty of this event is heightend by playing a smaller char, that is in no way a reason to be hurtful and unfriendly to others.

You doing very wrong creating a friendly social atmosphere with these kind of brainfarts.

I was actually trying to deescalate the problem by taking it as a bit of joke. I would like to strongly discourage anyone from trying to boot anyone out of the game just because it’s making it harder for you. That’s why I mentioned to just try it with a diffrent char than come back. It really makes it a lot easier.

Edit:
In fact I just edited my Post to point this out.

(edited by vipLink.8376)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Larrvin.4627

Larrvin.4627

I wasn’t aim the players or you with my criticism. I blaim those who let this happen by not thinking it over.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Noeh.5960

Noeh.5960

This shouldn’t even be passed off as a ‘learning experience’ for Anet. They need to just fix it now before the event ends.