10k drinks [Merged]

10k drinks [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I already have Thirst Slayer, of which I strongly believe there should be a title for that, considering this new kid on the block.. eggnog and what not required is getting a title.

Either way… THERE ARE NO BREAKS ON THE CHUG CHUG CHUG TRAIN.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i already regret even starting this meta achievement. nobody that doesn’t play several hours a day will be able to reach those numbers without getting tons of those drinks (and also candy canes if we’re at it) from the tp. yes, prices might go down but for an event meta this requirement is too big by far.

i got to 700 after opening 750 presents (wintersday reward track + daily potions) and i have literally no idea how i am supposed to get that many presents/drinks without just buying them on the tp. let’s say prices go down by 75%, that’s still 150 gold for a meta achievement. no meta achievement should need such an investment.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I really hope this event will last for a month..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember…other previous Wintersday Collection Achievements were permanent. This one may be, as well. No need to rush.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Remember…other previous Wintersday Collection Achievements were permanent. This one may be, as well. No need to rush.

It might not be, however. We don’t know, so people who want it have to assume they need to get it done before New Year, or mid-January.

Edit: I should elaborate. The collection might be open permanently once unlocked, but the Festival achievements, including the one that gives the Masterful Toast for 10k drinks, are probably going to go with the festival.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

10k drinks is BS. Grindy-Costly achievements need a warning system to prevent people from wasting time on them. I would like to be a list to disable me from attempting, or even viewing achivements like this.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Now i regret trying to get this in the first place….
The other stuff is either not so bad or even promotes you to take part in the festival for your glorious reward…. But as it stands don’t even want to do any of it anymore… Friggin gold gates…. I’d have to farm silverwhastes 24/7 to get that kinda money…

PS: achievement says onlys during wintersday…

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

True, for the first time in 3 years I tried to get 3 wins in the PvP activity.
But I am kinda discouraged due to the 10k requirement right now.
Doesn’t seem feasible unless I invest all my free-time, but the game doesn’t deserve that.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I kinda agree. 10k is rather over the top. But then, they seem to like making achievements like this around here. Like they hope it’ll keep people playing or something by making it take a long time.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Note how under Masterful Toast it says (Note: Complete the Festive Imbiber achievement. Only available during Wintersday).

I would think that would imply the achievement of Festive Imbiber needs to be complete before the Wintersday event ends.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Funny how people don’t notice 10k drink is tied to Winter’s Presence.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Guild Wars achievement coming to GW2…. haha.. now, bring on Sweet Tooth, Lucky and Unlucky as well……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Haha, I love how Anet will turn fun into grind or a gold sink. I saw this and I did a little math: 10000/250=40 STACKS of wintersday gifts if you wanna get them and IF they ALL dropped a drink; WOW, I mean WOW; no gring here; drinksor gifts are 10sp on the TP so no gold sink here; for the wintersday drinks that are needed to progress this. LOL maybe this is an early April Fool’s day joke.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Please patch to 100 drinks at most! 10,000 (800ish gold) is absolutely insane! It clearly needs to go down by at least a factor of 100.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

I was just going to start a thread about this. what the actual F?
Where in the hell am I going to get 10,000 drinks before this is over? I have to travel for Christmas, so I have until next Tuesday. Believe me, if i could choose to stay home and grind for virtual booze, i totally would, but since i had kids, my holidays are not up to me.

My husband and I spent 10 hours on this today and we only got around 500ish drinks. If I spend 10 hours a day for the remaining 7 days I have before I have to go out of town, I will have around 3500 drinks. So… basically, I have done every other requirement for the shoulders, but I do not physically have time to earn that many drinks. Right now, If you were to buy them straight-up, it’d be 873 gold.

This BS is why I quit skyforge (not that it was a great game anyway, of course)… it’s holiday stuff was virtually unattainable.

PLEASE fix this – put the fun back in holidays! Seriously. This is just. too. much.

10k drinks [Merged]

Dejavu.2349

Are you required to get and consume all the drinks in 30 days?

More like 15.
I don’t see an actual end date, but most of these things last about 2 weeks.
I’m extremely upset that every single little thing they added in HoT is gold-gated.

This is serious BS. They could include all the past drinks or… all drinks. 10k would still be a lot – no matter what drinks you’re chugging, but these specifically – the cheapest right now is 7g 60 silver. 5 minutes ago it was 6g 80 silver. Anyone who thinks the prices will come down before this event is over is smoking something. Maybe a little but, but not enough to make this attainable by most people.

I don’t have enough karma to buy 9.5k bags and don’t have enough time to grind them out from events, so… they successfully excluded me from getting the shoulders… I should have just guessed based on other decisions they’ve made.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you required to get and consume all the drinks in 30 days?

More like 15.
I don’t see an actual end date, but most of these things last about 2 weeks.
I’m extremely upset that every single little thing they added in HoT is gold-gated.

This is serious BS. They could include all the past drinks or… all drinks. 10k would still be a lot – no matter what drinks you’re chugging, but these specifically – the cheapest right now is 7g 60 silver. 5 minutes ago it was 6g 80 silver. Anyone who thinks the prices will come down before this event is over is smoking something. Maybe a little but, but not enough to make this attainable by most people.

I don’t have enough karma to buy 9.5k bags and don’t have enough time to grind them out from events, so… they successfully excluded me from getting the shoulders… I should have just guessed based on other decisions they’ve made.

Yeah, well after the Nightfury shoulder I kind of figured this shoulder skin would be gated somehow to exclude the maximum number of people so I make no plans to get it. This one has both a gold barrier to keep out the non rich and a activity barrier that keeps out the non coordinated (the jumping puzzle).

Fairly typical, if you ask me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: badwolf.2583

badwolf.2583

Good job anet, i have spent way more money on this game than any other i have ever played, i have put money into your gemstore for skins and black lion chests, and this type of behavior is how you repay me for supporting your game, through months on end of no new content and horrible gating on your expansion, 10,000 specific drinks that can only be obtained and drunk within a short time, a time where people traditionally travel to spend time with loved ones, and you ask me to sit down and play your game farming endlessly for the chance at a skin that doesn’t even justify it by being ascended like the nightfurry? this is stupid and i will not spend another dime on this game. to often are you making it impossible to unlock all the rewards in an event (mordrem invasions were literally impossible to unlock all rewards) and now this.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

You don’t have to drink all of them during Wintersday. It’s a collection achievement, not a festival one. And who knows, maybe as more people come on and decide the achievement’s hopeless/they’d rather make money, or after the festival’s done and people can’t start the collection anymore until next year, the booze will be a bit more affordable.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Dreader the Seventh.6895

Dreader the Seventh.6895

10k Drinks?

Time and/or Gold constraints.

1k Drinks?

Doable, considering the holidays are up.

I want this Shoulder Item for my own sake, I don’t mind if it’s rare or not, question is, do you, ANet?

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Is this… GW2 teaching kids bad drinking habits? Oh my god…

10k drinks [Merged]

Dejavu.2349

I remember when holidays were a fun time to get presents. Apparently, Anet prefers to get presents (our gold or cash) instead of gifting them to us

Since when is holiday stuff gated by such strict requirements?! So they wanted to make the game more hardcore… gold gating presents isn’t hardcore – it’s just mean. It’s supposed to be FUN! In my normal gaming time, I’m not having fun grinding for mats for Bifrost this week… Yay! I get to take some time off from my normal grind to… grind even dumber stuff! Merry Christmas!

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Grots.4726

Grots.4726

I’m concerned with how holiday achievements have been resetting lately that I’ll get halfway done this year and have to start from scratch next year.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

uh, eating 2500 Candy Canes isn’t exactly cheap either… 120g for 1/18th of the Meta? Does everything need to be divided by 100?!
Maybe there’s some boss who has 100 times his expected hp too? Maybe the JP is running 100 times faster?

I think perhaps the decimal point was misplaced a few times. This was my first Halloween event, and now my first Wintersday, and while the h’ween had some labyrinth grinding you didn’t need to be a millionaire to complete all the achieves (Nightfury had a perfectly fine cult following not tied to an achieve).

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Too many collections in this game are a cruel trick. They lure you into a false sense of ease with a few small objectives and then just when you’re getting excited about the collection, BAM, they hit you with some 10,000 hours (yes, 10,000 hours is hyperbole) of time investment style objective that kills the enthusiasm and, if you’re the type who hates looking at unfinished things, creates unnecessary discomfort.

It’s gotten to the point where I looked up the collection before I bought the piece to unlock it because I was wary of getting hit with the trick again. So I went to Dulfy’s site… oh, says Dulfy, it’s not as bad as Nightfury, and lists the objectives. I’m like oh ok, there’s a few expenses, but it’s mostly doing some Wintersday achievements. Can’t be that bad.

Unlock collection.

10,000 Drinks.

Oh….oh…

Well, um… oh.

Who wants some dumb old falling snowflakes anyway?

“And he went and said that the grapes were sour.”

But seriously, at that point I’m like… how bad do I actually want this stupid thing? Maybe I should just capitalize on the people who want it and sell sell sell everything I get.

Or words to that effect.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

If they are going to do this, why not make it the same amount as Sweet Tooth, 2.5k drinks is not only cheaper, but its more than likely doable too.

Rawr?

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

The effects on Nightfury and Winter’s Presence are cool but both items reflect the new direction of Anet, GRIND. The Winter’s Presence requires 10,000 drinks which will require players to buy them from the trading post as no one is getting 10,000 of them from drops, no one. Adding something cool is great but I’m skipping this one as I skipped Nightfury as both make me angry that these epic gold sinks made it through whatever passes for quality control at Anet these days.

This used to be the anti-grind MMO, that’s the game I paid for, you know, before you made it Free to Play. Look back at your old promo vids, look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourselves, is this fun?

This reads quite differently now.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success/

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

How does this has anything related to Heart of Thorn? Why do you feel the need to post this in the HoT section?

Also it’s optional grind dude, you know if you cant handle it then dont go for it. Plenty others will suck it up and get it eventually, if you can’t. Well except that you just not going to get it.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

10k drinks [Merged]

Aidenwolf.5964

How does this has anything related to Heart of Thorn? Why do you feel the need to post this in the HoT section?

Also it’s optional grind dude, you know if you cant handle it then dont go for it. Plenty others will suck it up and get it eventually, if you can’t. Well except that you just not going to get it.

It’s post HoT as was Nightfury and is the new direction Anet are taking the game. Pretty much exactly what I said in my OP.

PugLife SoloQ

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Jumping puzzle is also required to get winter’s presence. This is another unfortunate trend since HoT. Platforming seems to be an emphasis since HoT.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I agree 10k drinks is ridiculous, but I understand that vanity items should be hard to get. But I want this title. A booze title is always great.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

10k drinks [Merged]

Aidenwolf.5964

Jumping puzzle is also required to get winter’s presence. This is another unfortunate trend since HoT. Platforming seems to be an emphasis since HoT.

Honestly I don’t have the same aversion to JPs you do and think adding skill requirements is OK. The item could of been entirely skill based and I would’ve accepted it even if it meant I lost our on it. My issue is the insane amount of gold sinks thrown into every part of the game.

I’m not dismissing your hatred of jumping puzzles I just didn’t think represented a threat to the game like these sinks do. Fractal encryptions even require gold to open, it’s everywhere.

PugLife SoloQ

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Why do so many people have an issue with this? All I can say is “About kitten time!”

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Drunkard

That title is easy mode now that you can spam drinks

LOL “easy mode” is such a fatuously over-used word, this being a great example.

IT NEVER WAS HARD!

Stop confusing ‘time taken’ with ‘difficulty’!

10k drinks [Merged]

Aidenwolf.5964

I agree 10k drinks is ridiculous, but I understand that vanity items should be hard to get. But I want this title. A booze title is always great.

10k is A LOT of drinks. Even 1k drinks would’ve been A LOT of drinks but much more reasonable. The number should’ve been the average amount that could be gathered from playing every day for the entire event.

PugLife SoloQ

10k drinks [Merged]

Dashingsteel.3410

Sure glad the old content skins like selfless potion for example were never tied to a jp. Jp’s used to be an alternative activity that was extra “fluff” for the game. Seems like Nintendo nerds have taken over the development of the game.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

If it wasn’t the whole acquiring 10k drinks thing, it’s the requirement of doing the jumping puzzle 3 times (I can’t even complete it once), and bell choir which I also am bad at. This shoulder piece is just a no-go for me. Good luck to the rest who go for it.

Even with the current stock of all the 5 or 6 different winter-themed drinks, there’s like, what… 30-50k drinks total, in stock? So since it requires 10k drinks… 3-5 people can basically get it. Why even bother making the content if hardly anyone can get the skin?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

I always loved the seasonal events. In the past 3 years i did nearly all of them and did all the achievements. And i didn’t care to much that it was every year nearly the same. This is the first year i have to say: screw it, not going to bother with this crap.
I love the wintersday. And i was waiting for this event. I thought: well… It is winterday. They can’t mess it up, right? And now you proved me: You CAN.
Rly, Anet. 2 new verry grindy achievements is your imagination of fun and enjoyable stuff?
Thanks for ruining now even wintersday for me.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Sure glad the old content skins like selfless potion for example were never tied to a jp. Jp’s used to be an alternative activity that was extra “fluff” for the game. Seems like Nintendo nerds have taken over the development of the game.

Some aspects have always been in game but its become much more prevalent with HOT, perhaps because they’re worried about player retention.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I feel like GW2 is heading down the same track as those kittenty pay to play games on facebook that give you a time constraint to complete a task which will be almost impossible unless you buy currency.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If it wasn’t the whole acquiring 10k drinks thing, it’s the requirement of doing the jumping puzzle 3 times (I can’t even complete it once), and bell choir which I also am bad at. This shoulder piece is just a no-go for me. Good luck to the rest who go for it.

Even with the current stock of all the 5 or 6 different winter-themed drinks, there’s like, what… 30-50k drinks total, in stock? So since it requires 10k drinks… 3-5 people can basically get it. Why even bother making the content if hardly anyone can get the skin?

Ikr. They used to offer end-event reward, such as cool back-piece, helmet, etc for Meta-event completion . All the requirements are fun and within reasonable range.

Now after some lame economists join their team, they make every event-related skins a huge grind fest and gold-sink. You get trashes while completing the Meta-reward.
What is the fun of event if you can’t get anything out of it while everything is repeated 3 times already?

Sad direction Anet’s taking.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why do so many people have an issue with this? All I can say is “About kitten time!”

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Drunkard

That title is easy mode now that you can spam drinks

LOL “easy mode” is such a fatuously over-used word, this being a great example.

IT NEVER WAS HARD!

Stop confusing ‘time taken’ with ‘difficulty’!

Easier Mode?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

You don’t have to drink all of them during Wintersday. It’s a collection achievement, not a festival one. And who knows, maybe as more people come on and decide the achievement’s hopeless/they’d rather make money, or after the festival’s done and people can’t start the collection anymore until next year, the booze will be a bit more affordable.

Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. The collection achievement you certainly can complete after Winterday ends, but some of the required items are granted by Wintersday Festival achievements (including this drinking achievement), which players will be unable to complete once the festival cycles out.

As such, if you fail to consume all ten thousand drinks in the allotted time (at least two weeks, most likely four, and hope it’s more), you will fail to complete the collection.

The irony is, at that point the utility of the items will melt away and the demand will plummet, followed shortly by the price. You’ll be able to purchase them early on and then sit on the full pile for most of the year. Hoping, of course, that the achievement that you need is brought back with the next Wintersday Festival.

But that’s all quite pessimistic. It is likely the market will catch up to demand at some point, and the monetary cost of the achievement will fall to something more tractable. I’ll keep playing and consume all the drinks and tonics I find, and I’ll start worrying about finishing closer to the end of the event.

10k drinks [Merged]

Dashingsteel.3410

I just don’t think the Nintendo crap is the way to go if they want retention.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

10 000 drinks… Sometimes I wonder if the people making this game still have some sense of reality…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Could be worse, could be Steam Hats :/

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

10k drinks [Merged]

Dejavu.2349

This is just the new direction they’ve chosen. I’m extremely frustrated with the 10k drinks as well. My husband and I did Christmas stuff for 10 hours today… got all the other requirements done – figured I’d see how many drinks I got by playing normally today before complaining… I got 533 ish… and that’s including buying all the available gifts with Karma. I only have 1 week due to family obligations and there is no way I can feasibly grind all 10k in that time. I am a mother with 2 children and a life. They’re making even their holiday wares available only to those with no life or obligations other than playing GW2 — Nightfury was a sign of things to come, I guess. I’m really getting tired of their new direction – it’s very punitive.

I spend a lot of time playing GW 2and have given them a lot of money and I just keep feeling like they’re flipping me off. I’m getting really tired of it. Holiday stuff is supposed to be a fun way to get basically free loots… This is just not that. They put the cool stuff behind a gold wall (for those of us who literally do not have time to grind all the drinks) on a holiday – it’s like asking for presents instead of giving them. It’s depressing at best.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I would like to echo most everyone’s sentiments here. 10000 drinks is a totally mean spirited way for us to earn the brand new shoulders. Every guild I am in have stated their disappointment with how Anet is proceeding with these holidays. This is more than a lump of coal in our stockings for many of us with limited time and commitment.

This is simply a debacle of epic proportions for a community as wonderful as GW2. Even our die hards in the guilds I am in are mad at these obscene requirements. Please reduce the absurd amount of farming required to obtain the new shoulders. Thank you very much.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I would like to echo most everyone’s sentiments here. 10000 drinks is a totally mean spirited way for us to earn the brand new shoulders.

Hohoho! Well played, I say!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

As such, if you fail to consume all ten thousand drinks in the allotted time (at least two weeks, most likely four, and hope it’s more), you will fail to complete the collection.

I need to correct you a bit here:
You will fail to complete the collection this year.
This whole achievement is obviously a GW2 version of the GW1 drunkard title. You needed 10k points in GW1 too and most alcohol only dropped during holiday events.
I’m 10.000% sure that the points won’t reset for next wintersday, as they didn’t in GW1. You absolutely don’t need to aquire 10k points this year. If you really want the shoulder skin, you can grind the presents or buy alcohol, but you don’t have to.

10k drinks [Merged]

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Ok, I understand when people complain about grinding for max stats, or items that are required to have optimal performance, but cosmetics have ALWAYS been grindy in the Guild Wars games, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It’s no different to obsidian armour in GW1, you did not need it to perform to the max as you could get the stats easily, it was purely a cosmetic choice.

Anet has always had the philosophy of making cosmetics hard/time consuming to get, this is nothing new. As others have said, if you do not want to do the grind don’t do it. You are only missing out on a skin.

Unfortunately, Anet have started making max stats harder/more time consuming to get, which IS a change of direction from their original philosophy. But claiming that grinding for cosmetics is a new direction is completely wrong.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.