100% Rep Guilds & the new Guild Chat System

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

What would be pro’s and cons on this system.

Does this mean the end of the 100% rep rule guilds, or are there reasons to not change away from it?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Is there any reason to keep that rule now? Repping was for two main reasons. Influence and guild chat. Influence is gone. Guild chat is across all guilds.

I’m sure some guilds will hang on to the 100% rep rule but as far as I can tell the reasons for it are gone.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Can someone link the changes to the guild system or explain the changes?

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree, Flesh, but I think I have seen one other main reason presented by others on these forums, to wit keeping the guild a closer knit community with vested interest in that guild’s events. Which seems a little odd in the 500 man guilds that have to find room for new members by booting those who haven’t participated as much … but I can see the point. So long as it isn’t carried to the extreme of kicking someone because they were in their personal guild to do some banking.

Not that I’ll ever join a guild that dictates that I cannot hang out with anyone but them, but I understand the dynamic in play.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree, Flesh, but I think I have seen one other main reason presented by others on these forums, to wit keeping the guild a closer knit community with vested interest in that guild’s events. Which seems a little odd in the 500 man guilds that have to find room for new members by booting those who haven’t participated as much … but I can see the point. So long as it isn’t carried to the extreme of kicking someone because they were in their personal guild to do some banking.

Not that I’ll ever join a guild that dictates that I cannot hang out with anyone but them, but I understand the dynamic in play.

What 100% rep did was keep the guildies from hearing and speaking to their other guilds, keeping it a close knit group by that method. With no way to keep them from having other guild chat on, that immediately goes out the window.

ANet may give it to you.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can someone link the changes to the guild system or explain the changes?

There are a number of changes spread over months of blogs involving influence no longer being used, guild halls, cross guild chat, guild missions, how guild banks are made, etc. you can search the blogs for the last months to see the changes.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What would be pro’s and cons on this system.

Does this mean the end of the 100% rep rule guilds, or are there reasons to not change away from it?

There will never be an end to 100%-rep guilds, because there are still going to be reasons to ask people put their focus on a single guild.

• A guild with 400+ members needs to be sure there will be room for active members.
  • A guild with a specific focus (WvW, RP, etc) will want people to ‘belong’, which requires participation.
  • A guild with a egotist GL will want its members to bow down to praise Caesar. (OK, that’s actually a bad reason, even though there will be such guilds and people will join anyhow.)

There will also never be an end to people asking questions like this, even though the only people affected by 100%-rep-policy guilds are the members.

Or tl;dr:

• If you hate the idea of 100%-rep, don’t join a guild that asks it of you.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

• If you hate the idea of 100%-rep, don’t join a guild that asks it of you.

This.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Yup representing now is for the sake of representing.

1. Most 100% rep guilds have more than reasonable exceptions: personal guild banks, pvp.
2. Some guilds actually request that you do not rep them if you don’t attain certain rank.
2. You don’t have to join a guild if you disagree with the rules.

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I have three guilds… none of them require 100% rep. It is the first question I ask before joining a guild because, honestly, it is BS in a system allowing five to be joined. I used to just hit accept on all invites but then people would annoy me when I would not rep so I would leave because I was not interested in that crap when I do some guilds for theme and others for friends.

Sure, one guild is dead… one is social only… and one is PvP/WvW (which I am not on their server nor do I PvP). Now I can happily chat to the two instead of having to non-stop swap between them. Just need to find a good PvE/Raid guild now.

Edit cuz of silly censor…

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

It was a release concept that hung around too long imo. It made a tiny bit of sense at the time I guess, get new players in a new game talking to each other and focus on getting a main guild populated and active but it quickly became highly restrictive.

Why it was ever tied to accessing chat between guilds baffles me. Horrible decision in a game where you want people to meet and have easy group communication.

Another dev that needs a slap.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.