100 badges of tribute for a statue...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

That is so expensive! For a statue that serve to beautify your guild hall. This is not even a raid or world boss statue.

Cosmetic aside

Guild Sieges – EXPENSIVE
Especially the guild cata, we could get it cheaply via influence and now crafting it is like what? 5 badges? 2g+?

WvW Tact – EXPENSIVE!
The expensive part is the fiber. Even if a server manage defend their’s for the entire week, it will reset and you need to fill them up again! Then again, how many servers manage to defend it for the whole week?

Please consider adjusting those costs.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

This is one thing that bothers me about all the “Guild Hall/Scribe issues”

It’s supposed to be a guild thing. Not a personal thing. 5 badges donated by 5 people is really not that bad. To me that is how Guilds should be.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That is so expensive! For a statue that serve to beautify your guild hall. This is not even a raid or world boss statue.

Cosmetic aside

Guild Sieges – EXPENSIVE
Especially the guild cata, we could get it cheaply via influence and now crafting it is like what? 5 badges? 2g+?

WvW Tact – EXPENSIVE!
The expensive part is the fiber. Even if a server manage defend their’s for the entire week, it will reset and you need to fill them up again! Then again, how many servers manage to defend it for the whole week?

The 100 badges of tribute cost 35 gold on the TP (buying instantly; you can save by putting in a custom buy offer). Given that it’s a skin that you can use forever, that doesn’t seem like much (at least, as far as the badges go).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

This is one thing that bothers me about all the “Guild Hall/Scribe issues”

It’s supposed to be a guild thing. Not a personal thing. 5 badges donated by 5 people is really not that bad. To me that is how Guilds should be.

Cosmetic aside

Guild Sieges – EXPENSIVE

WvW Tact – EXPENSIVE!

The 100 badges of tribute cost 35 gold on the TP (buying instantly; you can save by putting in a custom buy offer). Given that it’s a skin that you can use forever, that doesn’t seem like much (at least, as far as the badges go).

The main point is the value and consistency. Of course everything can be cheap in that perspective but is it just?

Did Guild Cata cost more than 2g before? Nope, even looking a TP, the price has been pretty stable throughout. Did guild cata worth 2g of influence back then? Nope. Then why does it take more than 2g to craft now? You can argue that it can be obtain almost immediately. But hey, we had a choice to rush guild cata in the past for extra cost but now, we are forced to rush guild cata paying that extra cost. Honestly, I don’t mind having the machine queued with guild cata if it cost less to craft. If wanna rush it, then pay using the resonator. Otherwise, what’s the point of having resonator and that machine, who would want to rush something that only takes 30s to build.

Next is that 100 badges. Yes, 35g for one but it also means 350g for 10 and 700g for 20. Comparing to the immense lion that is large which cost 13g to craft. The gap is pretty big. Also, the ornate armor stand cost 22g, 22g for its size compare to 13g of Lion’s size. Big gap as well.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

On the one hand a Guild Catapult does use 1g81s of stuff. On the other hand the main cost of that is from Badges of Tribute but I would expect any WvW orient guild to have plenty of those and if it is not a WvW oriented guild then they would have no need for the Guild Catapults.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I think the badges of tribute need to be come down in price, and fr some reason I don’t feel like I get as much Badges of Honor anymore either. I don’t know if this has changed or anything, but if it has then changes should be made there.

The 100 badges of tribute for the WvW decorations (that’s what I call those statues really) is alright, if only acquiring the badges of tribute was just alot easier through getting more badges of honor or cheaper with only 20 or 10 badges of honor per tribute.

Ornate armor is an obvious prestige thing, and tbh it’s not even that pretty. Personally I like the tier1 version alot better.

There’s alot nicer decoration out there than the statues anyway, and I don’t mind that the statues are the prestige things to show off in the guild hall. Makes me think of the hall of monuments.

Anything beyond that shouldn’t be prestige unless it’s something really impressive like the halloween cauldron, uzolan’s orchestra or the globe of whispers (which imo isn’t even that expensive, but okay.)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You earn more badges of honor than ever thanks to the new WvW mastery line (the same one which gives auto loot in WvW). Farming 1000 badges of honor (=33 tributes) in an evening seems doable for me. Plus all the other loot you can use to buy even more tributes on the trading post.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Hm, I’ll have to try harder then. I’m not sure I got that many through regular play. Maybe just edge of the mists would be better, even though I’m not really liking the whole farming train thing generally.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hm, I’ll have to try harder then. I’m not sure I got that many through regular play. Maybe just edge of the mists would be better, even though I’m not really liking the whole farming train thing generally.

There is also the Provisions Master WXP upgrade which is supposed to give additional badges from kills.