19 days!!

19 days!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

It has been 19 days since HoT dropped and the onslaught of complaints came in.
They are still pouring in.
So the question at hand is:
What was the last MMO that released that had issues and were all resolved in 19 days?
Identified.
Tested.
Coded.
Code test.
QA.
Release in a patch for ALL THE ISSUES… in less than a month.

Anyone?

19 days!!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All the major progress blocking, game breaking, major feature issues?

Every other MMO i’ve ever played except GW2…

19 days!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Last I heard, logic isn’t allowed on these forums.

Look, people are upset…in many cases rightly so. They’re going to complain. It doesn’t matter to them that it takes time to fix stuff, they’re still going to complain.

There’s logic and there’s emotion. Most posts are based more on emotion than logic.

19 days!!

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

Not everyone is arguing about bugs. Some people have problems with the direction of the content.

19 days!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No question, HoT has had the smoothest MMO release I’ve experienced. Kudos to the team for that.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

19 days!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not everyone is arguing about bugs. Some people have problems with the direction of the content.

And that’s something players have little control over as direction is dictated by ANet’s vision for the game.

True, players can rail, plead and on rare occasion present a cogent and well written argument as to why something should be changed but at the end of the day we’ve signed up to be led by the devs through their vision of the game.

A B2P game has more in common with a movie than a restaurant. If you don’t like the restaurant you can choose not to go back. If you don’t like the movie you paid for, oh well, that’s two hours you aren’t going to get back.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

19 days!!

Maximillian Greil.1965

And that’s something players have little control over as direction is dictated by ANet’s vision for the game.

True, players can rail, plead and on rare occasion present a cogent and well written argument as to why something should be changed but at the end of the day we’ve signed up to be led by the devs through their vision of the game.

A B2P game has more in common with a movie than a restaurant. If you don’t like the restaurant you can choose not to go back. If you don’t like the movie you paid for, oh well, that’s two hours you aren’t going to get back.

Well, talking about it on a forum that they read might have them take a second look at their direction for the future.

19 days!!

One Prarie Outpost.4860

There are bugs/issues from the Core game that took over 2 years to address. Some stuff STILL is an issue.
Unrealistic expectations with complete inability to see or understand the process.
Why not just ask them to remove the update and revert back to pre Oct.23rd code?

And the direction of the content was clearly indicated well before the release of HoT. The feigned surprise is bizarre.

19 days!!

Maximillian Greil.1965

There are bugs/issues from the Core game that took over 2 years to address. Some stuff STILL is an issue.
Unrealistic expectations with complete inability to see or understand the process.
Why not just ask them to remove the update and revert back to pre Oct.23rd code?

And the direction of the content was clearly indicated well before the release of HoT. The feigned surprise is bizarre.

Now this I disagree with. If they had said right off the bat: we’re going to go in a more hardcore time consuming grindy direction, rather than what Guild Wars 2 has been up till now, I wouldn’t be complaining. However, if they said this, they weren’t blunt enough.

19 days!!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s been 19 days.

No, the bugs aren’t all fixed, not even some of the major ones.

I just wonder in another 19 days which ones will be fixed, if any, or if they’re too busy rolling out raids to work on anything else.

19 days!!

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Umm in the first 19 days FFXIV had 3 hotfix patches, 2 of which rivaled what you would see in a GW2 major patch, and a content patch that released their raid normal mode as well as another long list of fixes. In the first month they released 5 hotfix patches and 2 major patches. Let’s also not forget that Heavensward released in a far better state with far more content.

“Give them time” is the most ill-informed thing that anyone could say about ArenaNet right now. They had 3 years and STILL haven’t fixed a lot of the major issues the game has. It took them 2.5 years to finally make changes to conditions so they weren’t useless in dynamic events. Let that sink in for a moment. 1 of the only 2 ways to do damage was absolutely useless in dynamic events. Events that were supposed to be a major portion of the content. Oh but it’s even worse when you consider their combo system, a major game mechanic, actually made the situation worse. That is a gigantic mammoth issue that should have been dealt with in the first few months…2.5 years later and they finally got around to it. I realize that technical issues could be at play, but when other MMO’s had already fixed that issue LONG ago(nearly a decade) that’s a BS excuse. Of course after dev(s?) had said as one of their excuses for not changing it that allowing everyone to place condiitions on a boss would kill it too quick…

The good will and faith are gone. They burned those bridges multiple times. The way HoT has been handled from start to finish has only reinforced that.

19 days!!

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Blizzard usually fix their bugs in less than two weeks after an expansion releases, but even then, those bugs are very minor in comparisson to what we see in HoT.
And the reason for that is that WoW has PTR servers where everything gets smoothed out before launch.
ANet still refuses to have a constant beta type of server, to protect their story or w.e that ends up a disaster anyway.

19 days!!

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

What would be nice as it is unrealistic to expect total fixes in less than 1 month is a little more communication about what is being done or will be done in the future from the corporation.

This is actually the one thing that most companies could do better to improve customer satisfaction. Just talk more to the people keeping your business alive. Without us they are nothing. Without consumers what purpose do they even have?

The true dissidents will still rail against logic and progress but those with patience and fortitude will understand those on the working end are just like us… human.

19 days!!

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

Blizzard usually fix their bugs in less than two weeks after an expansion releases, but even then, those bugs are very minor in comparisson to what we see in HoT.
And the reason for that is that WoW has PTR servers where everything gets smoothed out before launch.
ANet still refuses to have a constant beta type of server, to protect their story or w.e that ends up a disaster anyway.

Not relevant or valid. You cannot expect anyone to do what someone else is doing no matter how much you want it to be so. I despise Blizzard and most corporation but I don’t expect one to do the same as another even if they should.

Or I may be insane which is probable.

19 days!!

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Not relevant or valid.

How is it not relevant? The OP asked what MMO had its issues resolved in 3 weeks after the launch of an expansion, and WoW did.

You cannot expect anyone to do what someone else is doing no matter how much you want it to be so. I despise Blizzard and most corporation but I don’t expect one to do the same as another even if they should..

I don’t get what you said there at all.

19 days!!

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well this thread seems to have backfired on the OP…

I have no problem with a couple months to fix minor issues… but our issues are not minor.

1. Scribe profession doesn’t work. You literally can’t progress past scribe 150 because the items to do so aren’t even in the game.

2. Guild halls can not complete many major upgrades because the items to do so no longer exist in the game

3. Precursor collections. These are broken in so many different places that it would take a page just to list them all.

4. Event bugs. In a map system where you need to complete all the events to earn the rewards, having events consistently and permanently bug out is kind of a major problem.

5. Map completion. Want your rewards? Want to work on your legendary? too bad, so sad.

So out of about 6 major features for the expansion, 2 of them don’t work at all, and 2 aren’t even in the game yet, and they still don’t work after 19 days!!!

19 days!!

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Now this I disagree with. If they had said right off the bat: we’re going to go in a more hardcore time consuming grindy direction, rather than what Guild Wars 2 has been up till now, I wouldn’t be complaining. However, if they said this, they weren’t blunt enough.

Sorry it took some tieme to find this but:
This is from Febbruary 4, 2014.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/journey-into-the-heart-of-maguuma-in-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/

Challenging Conten

One of our focuses in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is to provide truly challenging content for our players to overcome. Within the jungle, you’ll encounter entirely new species, creatures, and bosses that are more advanced than the encounters we’ve introduced in the past. These encounters will require greater skills and tactics to overcome, whether you’re adventuring through our jungle on your own or with a party. Not only are we presenting these new challenges throughout the outposts and adventures you’ll find in the jungle, but they’ll also be layered across other types of content experiences. As we get closer to the release of the expansion, we’ll come back and give specific details on the new types of challenging group encounters we’ll be introducing to Guild Wars 2 and explain how these new types of challenges work within the Guild Wars 2 content experience.

Did you expect them to say “you’re going to really hate this…”

Edit:

Well this thread seems to have backfired on the OP…

I have no problem with a couple months to fix minor issues… but our issues are not minor.

1. Scribe profession doesn’t work. You literally can’t progress past scribe 150 because the items to do so aren’t even in the game.

2. Guild halls can not complete many major upgrades because the items to do so no longer exist in the game

3. Precursor collections. These are broken in so many different places that it would take a page just to list them all.

4. Event bugs. In a map system where you need to complete all the events to earn the rewards, having events consistently and permanently bug out is kind of a major problem.

5. Map completion. Want your rewards? Want to work on your legendary? too bad, so sad.

So out of about 6 major features for the expansion, 2 of them don’t work at all, and 2 aren’t even in the game yet, and they still don’t work after 19 days!!!

All very relevant and perfect examples of the issues. And backfire? Nope, this is excellent discussion. Thanks, Zudet!

(edited by One Prarie Outpost.4860)

19 days!!

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

GW2 is not a new game, IDK why people keep thinking this. It’s been 3 years. They had 3 years to perfect WvW, it is dead at this time on pretty much any and all servers. Fractals is 2 years old, and there is nothing good about it atm except if you like to achievement grind. The story arc for HoT was EXTREMELY short (fun yes, but short).

19 days!!

Maximillian Greil.1965

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/journey-into-the-heart-of-maguuma-in-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/

Challenging Conten

One of our focuses in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is to provide truly challenging content for our players to overcome. Within the jungle, you’ll encounter entirely new species, creatures, and bosses that are more advanced than the encounters we’ve introduced in the past. These encounters will require greater skills and tactics to overcome, whether you’re adventuring through our jungle on your own or with a party. Not only are we presenting these new challenges throughout the outposts and adventures you’ll find in the jungle, but they’ll also be layered across other types of content experiences. As we get closer to the release of the expansion, we’ll come back and give specific details on the new types of challenging group encounters we’ll be introducing to Guild Wars 2 and explain how these new types of challenges work within the Guild Wars 2 content experience.

I don’t see anything about time consuming grind in there. I have no problem with the level of difficulty. I’m 100% behind difficult content. Grinding out 1-80 several times isn’t what I’d call challenging, I’d call it a chore. Hardcore content, doesn’t mean time consuming. Raids are hardcore content, they’re adding that. I’m 100% behind that. However, I see no mention of “we’re going less casual.”

19 days!!

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

great post zudet. my biggest priority problem is that i dont get any rewards for map completion. thats the thing thats annoying me so much.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

19 days!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well, talking about it on a forum that they read might have them take a second look at their direction for the future.

Yes but it’s a no win for them. They do nothing and they aren’t listening to their players. If they do something and change direction they are once again abandoning some portion of the game. But the majority of the complaints I’ve seen on these forums are “I want to do X as soon as I bought the game” or “you moved my cheese”. Now X could be fully unlocked elite specializations, completed masteries, crafted precursors, map complete, etc.

And moving cheese, yeah, big end rewards were trimmed back and redistributed across dynamic event rewards, hero challenges, etc. instead if a very visible “big chunk of currency”. Nobody likes it when their printing press removed.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

19 days!!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The HUGE (and well documented – over and over) issues with guild missions and the missing scribing mats are the two big ones that I see.

I really think they should stop talking about raids (and possibly even delay their launch) until they can get these basic – very important – things fixed.

19 days!!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There is no grind unless you choose to grind for said stuff. As for stuff being tailored for more hardcore players. The game needed the amount of content only an expansion could bring to fill that hole for said players.

NSPride <3

19 days!!

Razor.9872

Challenging Conten

I don’t see anything about time consuming grind in there. I have no problem with the level of difficulty. I’m 100% behind difficult content. Grinding out 1-80 several times isn’t what I’d call challenging, I’d call it a chore. Hardcore content, doesn’t mean time consuming. Raids are hardcore content, they’re adding that. I’m 100% behind that. However, I see no mention of “we’re going less casual.”

There is no grind unless you choose to grind for said stuff; grinding is a player made decision, not a forced act. Would you believe me if I told you I have yet to grind a single thing since HoT’s release?

NSPride <3

19 days!!

Posted by: Altosk.8492

Altosk.8492

Yes but it’s a no win for them. They do nothing and they aren’t listening to their players. If they do something and change direction they are once again abandoning some portion of the game. But the majority of the complaints I’ve seen on these forums are “I want to do X as soon as I bought the game” or “you moved my cheese”. Now X could be fully unlocked elite specializations, completed masteries, crafted precursors, map complete, etc.

And moving cheese, yeah, big end rewards were trimmed back and redistributed across dynamic event rewards, hero challenges, etc. instead if a very visible “big chunk of currency”. Nobody likes it when their printing press removed.

Actually a lot of the complaints now are very valid. They are talking about how most of the content in the “expansion” is either missing, doesn’t work, is repackaged old content stripped from the core game or “on it’s way and will be fully implemented over time”. This on top of how the core game and most class mechanics are still a mess is rather sad after 3 years.

WTB Color Blind Mode 100g+50e

19 days!!

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Maybe it’s because Anet is managing to flawlessly add items to the gemstore while game breaking bugs are ignored and many of the hyped features of the expansion are flat out not in the game?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

19 days!!

Maximillian Greil.1965

Challenging Conten

There is no grind unless you choose to grind for said stuff; grinding is a player made decision, not a forced act. Would you believe me if I told you I have yet to grind a single thing since HoT’s release?

Now that’s silly, why put out content if you don’t want your players to play it? Either you want them to play it, and you’re creating a grind for them, or you don’t, and you’re wasting your time. You can’t even experience the entirety of the HoT maps without doing masteries. Masteries are an integral part of the HoT experience.

19 days!!

Maximillian Greil.1965

Well, so why not just add more of what players liked? Why move stuff around. Players like dungeons, add more dungeons. The playerbase has been screaming for new dungeons since release. Instead, they gave us the HoT maps which are partially locked behind masteries. Parts of the maps can’t even be accessed unless you have a certain mastery. This just seems like adding busy work to keep players in the game.

I almost agree on how they’re in a catch 22. However, I think if they picked one philosophy, said they were going to stick to it, then went back or kept on their direction people could at least decide if they wanted to stay in the game or not. At the moment some people are in limbo. They stay because they think the game might get better, but they’re not sure… there’s no direction or communication.

19 days!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Maybe it’s because Anet is managing to flawlessly add items to the gemstore while game breaking bugs are ignored and many of the hyped features of the expansion are flat out not in the game?

Lack of a fix is not conclusive evidence that the issue is being ignored. It might be, but it also might be evidence that the fix is not easy or simple.

“Flawlessly add items to the gemstore…” <snort, snicker, chortle, guffaw> Where do people come up with “gems” like this one. Gem store items have been bugged before. Remember the Monk outfit issue? I do.

19 days!!

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Hero points are bugged.

Mastery points are bugged.

Achievements are bugged.

Events progressing to Tier4 are also bugged.

Experience for doing too many events has some serious Diminishing Returns bug(you start gaining 1k less experience for every event once you hit DR) which makes the millions of experience required for Masteries a much bigger grind than anticipated.

Map completion is bugged with no rewards even if you somehow manage to complete the map with all those bugged Hero points.

Skills are bugged such as Dragonhunter Longbow alone has 5 bugs(even though some give you an advantage, they are still bugs).

Story progression is bugged.

Precursor collections are bugged.

Events required to obtain item for precusor collections are bugged.

Autoloot is bugged.

I’ll be honest and blunt to Arenanet. I paid $50 to play this game. I did not pay to test this game. I did not pay to sit down and report bugs for this game because I cannot progress. It is true that you can completely ignore my complaints and do whatever you want with the $50 I paid to you, the money is yours. But if you do that, you probably wont see the next $50 for the next bug-ridden content you release.

19 days!!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It’s been 19 days.

No, the bugs aren’t all fixed, not even some of the major ones.

I just wonder in another 19 days which ones will be fixed, if any, or if they’re too busy rolling out raids to work on anything else.

This is a recurring theme. They are always “too busy working on <the next big thing>” to deal with current issues.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

19 days!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Female monk outfit disagrees.

They kittened that up too. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

19 days!!

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

HoT is by design a slap in the face to a huge portion of the playerbase. They took away much of what we had already worked for and hid it behind massive grinds and gold sinks.

The game isn’t about fun anymore, it’s just a cash grab and a boring chore.

19 days!!

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

And the direction of the content was clearly indicated well before the release of HoT.

Bullkitten. “Shifted rewards from dungeons to fractals AND raids.” What fractal rewards? All the rewards that fractals used to give have been reduced by a factor of 10 instead of increased.

19 days!!

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

/sigh

For me- what i’m most upset about, it the fractal weapon collection.

Have the entire set, yet it’s still not applying to the collection.

Then of course- the map completion bug… 3 of the 4 maps completed- no shakey chest to advance yet another collection as i already had world completion.

In both circumstances i feel as tho i’m being punished for playing the game before the xpac. and that’s a really lame feeling.

Then of course- The crashes. Really nice to see the community come together on this one and offer “safe guard” partys- in case someone crashes out. Dosen’t work all the time, but when it does- it’s great.

19 days!!

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

Btw- Have they commented or even responded to some of these bugs? Anywhere?

19 days!!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

you’re kidding right? WoW’s PTR smoothed things out? Then I guess all those blue posts after a launch of bugs were just my imagination.

Face it, the standard player doesn’t use the PTR to actually test and try to break the game. They use it to just play ahead of everyone else. They don’t understand that finding an exploit or bugging something is a GOOD THING in the PTR, and should be reported.

Even Ghostcrawler admitted to this and pointed it out in Riot’s PBE testing. More players are just playing to get the feeling of the champs and item, rather than finding bugs.

19 days!!

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

It has been 19 days since HoT dropped and the onslaught of complaints came in.
They are still pouring in.

It was thanks to the “onslaught of complains” that ArenaNet changed important aspects of the game, such as the amount of hero points required to unlock specializations, even when some people were trying to halt that discussion.

Honestly, people who pretend everything is fine and tell those complainers to be quiet are the worst players GW2 has. Not only they refuse to accept people giving ArenaNet the feedback they need to improve the game, but they also get to reap all the benefits of the changes they were trying to prevent.

(Although it is funny to watch how some people change their tune from “ArenaNet does not need to change this, it’s perfect as it is” when players are asking for something to “OMG, thank you ArenaNet for this change, it’s perfect!” as soon as ArenaNet actually implements the change players were asking for.)

It’s amazing that you are saying that thinking you are defending ArenaNet. If they couldn’t even fix bugs that have existed for years, what made they think they were ready to release an expansion?

No question, HoT has had the smoothest MMO release I’ve experienced. Kudos to the team for that.

I wonder if the reason for HoT’s smooth release wasn’t simply how few people actually bought it.

A B2P game has more in common with a movie than a restaurant.

Sorry, but GW2 is now free to play, not buy to play.

19 days!!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The most well thought out and valid complaints I have seen are about content design direction. This game doesn’t remotely resemble the design direction in 2011. The spirit of that was what brought a lot of people to this game in the first place.

My complaints stem from the amount of content in this expansion as it pertains to the price tag. This x-pac feels like the weakest(and lightest)release in ArenaNet’s storied history.

Map design is amazing. Event design as well. Everyone is raving about the elite specs. There is no depth though. The story is half-baked which is too bad because I thought they had turned a leaf in that regard with S2. There’s not enough content there. The sound work is great, but guild halls, lack of new fractals, dungeon nerfs, wvw woes, lack of new earnable armors, weapons, and backpieces are all very disappointing. Only 3 new legendaries to start with after waiting for over 2 years?

I think at first blush it’s very easy to say how amazing everything was. I think for the long term though, this x-pac was astonishingly light on content and ham-fisted with the material and resource sinks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

19 days!!

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Female monk outfit disagrees.

They kittened that up too. :P

Well at least they’re consistent then…

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

19 days!!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I don’t remember where I read it, but I’m pretty sure the gem store team is separate from the rest of the team. Like they work with them obviously, but they are kind of on their own development track.

Or words to that effect.

19 days!!

Vayne.8563

Well they definitely spoke about progression which involves the concept of having to do certain things before other things and they definitely 100% spoke about harder content, and even said the jungle was the hardest open world content in the game.

So I’m not sure why people were stunned. Minimal research could have unearthed much of this.

To be sure, no company is going to say we’re going to make the game grindy but they did explain exactly how masteries worked….exactliy. And they we didn’t have a point total, they also explained how elite specializations worked and when people complained, Anet lowered the point total required, so again, I say they did tell us, and people simply weren’t listening.

19 days!!

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Well they definitely spoke about progression which involves the concept of having to do certain things before other things and they definitely 100% spoke about harder content, and even said the jungle was the hardest open world content in the game.

So I’m not sure why people were stunned. Minimal research could have unearthed much of this.

To be sure, no company is going to say we’re going to make the game grindy but they did explain exactly how masteries worked….exactliy. And they we didn’t have a point total, they also explained how elite specializations worked and when people complained, Anet lowered the point total required, so again, I say they did tell us, and people simply weren’t listening.

Some things certainly weren’t mentioned. I don’t recall anywhere seeing anything about how they were going to completely replace WvW borderland maps, for instance. Unless I missed that one.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

19 days!!

Razor.9872

Challenging Conten

Now that’s silly, why put out content if you don’t want your players to play it? Either you want them to play it, and you’re creating a grind for them, or you don’t, and you’re wasting your time. You can’t even experience the entirety of the HoT maps without doing masteries. Masteries are an integral part of the HoT experience.

What’s silly is you think one needs to grind to play; you and so many others corrilate grinding with playing. I’m making my way through all the content right now. But I have yet to grind anything. Yes, masteries are needed to get to special places. But that doesn’t mean you have to grind for them. Just play. Do what you want, and if you can’t do what you want at that moment, then move on and do something else until you can. Tough concept I know.

NSPride <3

19 days!!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Tomorrow will be 20 days and the day after that, 21.

19 days!!

Vayne.8563

Some things certainly weren’t mentioned. I don’t recall anywhere seeing anything about how they were going to completely replace WvW borderland maps, for instance. Unless I missed that one.

They absolutely said it, because before launch my guild was getting the hero points out of the old ones and making sure that people had their jumping puzzle achievements. It’s been known for quite some time that borderlands would be replaced.

19 days!!

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Umm in the first 19 days FFXIV had 3 hotfix patches, 2 of which rivaled what you would see in a GW2 major patch, and a content patch that released their raid normal mode as well as another long list of fixes. In the first month they released 5 hotfix patches and 2 major patches. Let’s also not forget that Heavensward released in a far better state with far more content.

“Give them time” is the most ill-informed thing that anyone could say about ArenaNet right now. They had 3 years and STILL haven’t fixed a lot of the major issues the game has. It took them 2.5 years to finally make changes to conditions so they weren’t useless in dynamic events. Let that sink in for a moment. 1 of the only 2 ways to do damage was absolutely useless in dynamic events. Events that were supposed to be a major portion of the content. Oh but it’s even worse when you consider their combo system, a major game mechanic, actually made the situation worse. That is a gigantic mammoth issue that should have been dealt with in the first few months…2.5 years later and they finally got around to it. I realize that technical issues could be at play, but when other MMO’s had already fixed that issue LONG ago(nearly a decade) that’s a BS excuse. Of course after dev(s?) had said as one of their excuses for not changing it that allowing everyone to place condiitions on a boss would kill it too quick…

The good will and faith are gone. They burned those bridges multiple times. The way HoT has been handled from start to finish has only reinforced that.

Seriously FF14, the game that went F2P for a year plus because they rebuilt it, and rereleased it as FF14ARR?

19 days!!

ZudetGambeous.9573

Seriously FF14, the game that went F2P for a year plus because they rebuilt it, and rereleased it as FF14ARR?

Sort of like how GW2 went F2P this year and now they are attempting to rebuild it through a half finished expansion?

19 days!!

Posted by: biznitchash.7963

biznitchash.7963

I haven’t been a GW2 player for years like alot of people. I’ve only played seriously now for around 5-6 months. But even I see and despise some of the fatal bugs.

1: Tyria/HoT map completion: Easily pro-actively could have been prevented, HoT maps should have correlated to their own “World” exploration. It is an expansion after all. This would have stopped the 100% world complete tag from messing with it.

2: Rewards: I personally don’t have gold nor time to farm legendaries, if I get part of it while doing my daily routine, weehey I can’t complain! But some parts are completely bugged, for my elementalists ascended horn I need the Machined Warhorn 2 times.. 1 from fully completing the elite spec (Didn’t get a reward for that at all) and 1 from buying it.. What?

3. Content: Don’t release it if you are not 90% behind it, i.e: The events of HoT bugged ALOT in the first few days, thats understandable it’s a new mechanic that will have problems, but Raids? Anet haven’t even fixed ancient bugs, either they should have released raids with HoT, or don’t release them untill everything up to and including the raids have been fixed, tested and retested – I havent done many fractal runs, simply because even in my 14? Possibly? Runs that I’ve done, I’ve had the same 6-7 fractals repeated. – Dungeons, I haven’t done all the dungeons simply because they didn’t benefit me, I was leveling past them just by doing world explore and complete and the items were subsequently destroyed in comparison. The only.. only reason I see doing the dungeons right now is for the achievements and the skins which is not what dungeons are meant to be for.

4. Communication: The biggest by far problem Anet has. The 100% world complete = no HoT map rewards bug was not responded to at all on their official forums. Yet it has been responded to, multiple times, on Reddit.. Why bother having these official forums if Reddit is your go to place? You don’t go to McDonalds for a KFC meal do you? No. You shouldn’t have to go to Reddit for a GuildWars Official response. And they Staff/Volunteers/Monkeys in hats, that you have controlling the forums/reddit need to be posting either on both or the official forums or be fired for incompetance.

5. Consumers/Customers: These are the biggest part for a business to survive, and I know GW2 is not WoW or anything but seriously? Learn from the big boys who’ve done it for a decade. Reply to your god kitten customers because if not you will lose them, don’t give a half baked copy-paste response in a ticket. WoW did that during Vanilla and they started to sink, they promoted the IN GAME GM system and their sales skyrocketed. You cannot seriously tell me there is no-one who would be willing to volunteer to control a GM account for a few hours a day to help, I’d do it for one thing and It’d be a kitten lot more useful than sprawling Reddit posts for hours to hope for a glimpse of an official response.

My rant is over, in a calculated and easy to understand manner. To reiterate, Anet has their priorities all screwed up with how they respond to players, and that’s what is annoying us most. There’s literally minimal interaction. Yes they changed the Hero Points after people complained, but if you at least know about the problem. Tell us on the forums, because most of us are pulling our hair out simply because there’s no acknowledgement of the issue.

19 days!!

Vayne.8563

Sort of like how GW2 went F2P this year and now they are attempting to rebuild it through a half finished expansion?

Actually there’s a huge difference between what happened in FF XIV and Guild Wars 2. FF XIV was a dismal failure at launch. It was so bad they literally had to change things, because the game was losing subs due to the game being unplayable. They had to apologize to their fans for releasing a bad game.

This isn’t the same thing. Here a lot of people really liked the game at launch and some don’t like the way it’s changing. Very VERY few people liked Final Fantasy at launch.