3,300 Auric Dust and Slivers...Really?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

So today I bought the Sentinel’s outfit and I thought “The auric weaponset would go great with this”. I decided to also take a look at collection associated with it. If you craft all of the weapons, this is what they require.

3,300 auric dust
3,300 auric slivers
around 246g in materials (other crafted items)

So the only thing you can’t buy from that list on the TP is the auric dust, which only drops from chests in the AB meta event and the Dragon Stand’s noxious pods. Compounded with this is that it will only drop 1-2 and it may not always drop. You may also get some of those lovely leaf fossils, among a lot of other items.

However, you can still get these items from the story mission. So lets say you’re like me and have 9 character slots. The default ones from when you bought the game + the HoT one. One of each character. You play through and you get every skin 2 hander skin and 3 of the 1h. This brings the cost down to.

1,050 auric dust
1,050 auric slivers
around 120g in matierals

It’s a lot better, but still that’s an insane amount of grinding two maps. What is it all for?

5 achievement points and this back piece
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Auric_Backplate.jpg

This is almost insulting. That isn’t even the “cool” version of the backpack. After you finally get that backpack to get the cool one, you have to go farm various events and hope and RNG item drops from them.

This is the cool one,
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luminate's_Backplate

I would be OK with this if the items had a 100% drop rate. Or if the dust could be found on the TP. Or if there were more ways of getting it instead of just 2 measly maps.

Considering I have yet to see anyone with the title of backpiece, this can’t be a popular collection?

I would much rather spend my time and money on a legendary. Heck, I’m sure I could probably get a legendary in the amount of time it would take for me to grind this collection out. This should have a look over to make sure that it is what you want.

Posted by: Zupay.2380

Zupay.2380

Check your Auric Ingot.
I did story with all classes, and the 100 tarir win achievement. After that i had enough materials to craft the remaining weapons.
So u get the exalted cores for free.
I think this is a fair price…..

(edited by Zupay.2380)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You can also get 1 weapon per Auric Basin pvp/wvw reward track completion.

The two tracks also fill independently of each other so you can fill both at the same time.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…