300 HP seems perfect balance :D

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

The title pretty much says it all. 400 is a bit too extreme, but 250 is a bit ridiculous… You get everything almost at the start!

300 is perfect! You only need to do 2 maps and you get your whole set! I’d love to see this rather than 250 IMO.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I rather see 0 HP. Be thankful that you got 250 HP at least.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: chaosdurza.3291

chaosdurza.3291

I think 65 (or whatever the rest of the specializations cost) is how much it should be. They should also remove the ‘elite’ prefix from it. There is nothing elite about it. It’s simply a new way to play your class. There is no advantage over the old specializations. However, in the interest of compromise, I’ll settle for 250. I think the vast majority of players that voiced their opinion on the 400 points being too high, will agree with that.

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

I was thinking 200 before the announcement, 250 is definitely reasonable though.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I rather see 200, but I can accept 250.
Not 300 though.

You get everything almost at the start!

Good, then I can play the new expansion with my new sub class as I always wanted.
Elite specializations aren’t rewards. New legendaries, skins, achievements, titles, story missions, masteries, those are the rewards.

Now I can finally enjoy the content with my new spec instead of having finished most of it by the time I complete my spec.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I think the decision to make them 250 is a nice compromise, but then again I have 9 alts so even that is going to be a bit of a chore. 300 would place it firmly back into the far to many territory, and I’m sorry to say I don’t want to have to give up one (or more) of my alts for the sake of forced game play.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

People need to realize that their perception is going to differ depending on how many HP they already have from the old maps on a character.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

WvW players had very few hero points on their alts. 250 is still a tall order for my alts , honestly.

I think one thread had someone with 20 alts , each with below 100 hero points. Even if you have 9 characters (one per class) it is a lot of hero points.

For your main character , yes 250 is not that bad if you have map completion.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

You get everything almost at the start!

Good, just as we should.