4 Hours later... any portals?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I play almost every day, run Fractals with guildies at least 3 times a day. Also will usually do the daily and run Teq. I haven’t done any of that lately because of Silverwaste farm and I want to rip my eyes out. Why can’t they just do it on log time per week? people who actually stay and play for a while a day.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I play almost every day, run Fractals with guildies at least 3 times a day. Also will usually do the daily and run Teq. I haven’t done any of that lately because of Silverwaste farm and I want to rip my eyes out. Why can’t they just do it on log time per week? people who actually stay and play for a while a day.

Because logging in and running into a wall while you got school/work/whatever does not prove that you are active? ^^

It is also worth pointing out that if you have issues with doing the same thing over and over and over again, a closed beta is not really the place for you anyway, since that is basically exactly what a closed beta is. Repeating the same content as many times as possible to find issues.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: bleue.1890

bleue.1890

Finally got my portal after 22 hours of farming over the last 3 days

Attachments:

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Congratulations to everyone who got a portal. I am giving it up. I’ve been running round SW all day with 500%+ Magic Find. And yesterday, and the day before. Seems the only thing affected by the magic find are the number of shovels I am getting. 3 stacks of bandit keys and 50 shovels later, I want to rip my eyes out and throw them on all the kitten teragriffs and husks.

This ridiculous way of obtaining a portal has made me loose all desire to play the beta.

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

I can’t deal with this, same reason i didn’t even thought of going for a legendary, the RNG Mystic Slot Machine. I just wished more people did like i do, maybe tehy would notice how frustrating this nonsense is.

Anyway, cheers for dedication and perseverance of those who got it, you certaintly have my respect and admiration

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Farmed more than 30 hours and no portal for me. Seen some players link multiple portals in chat so some players are luckier than others. Time for me to throw in the towel…

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Lily.1935

Because logging in and running into a wall while you got school/work/whatever does not prove that you are active? ^^

It is also worth pointing out that if you have issues with doing the same thing over and over and over again, a closed beta is not really the place for you anyway, since that is basically exactly what a closed beta is. Repeating the same content as many times as possible to find issues.

not talking about afk time…

Lily.1935

about 25 hours now.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

If you guys don’t like SW you’re probably not going to enjoy the beta anyways. I got one from tagging a random mob during my usual SW runs that I was already doing to finish my 2nd legendary. It’s a closed beta which means there’s suppose to be a low amount of participants. Also this is like day 2 or 3 out of a week, everyone needs to calm down and maybe take a break or something.

Maybe you all should do something to keep your mind off it like making lumi or amberite set for idk funsies.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9615

Latinkuro.9615

is that from a bandit chest ?
sure looks like it to me.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Maybe you all should do something to keep your mind off it like making lumi or amberite set for idk funsies.

This is what I decided to do, the old 2 birds with one stone routine, farm geodes for the Amberite weapon achieve while I farm for the portal.

bleue.1890

Nope, protecting a mule

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

This is what I decided to do, the old 2 birds with one stone routine, farm geodes for the Amberite weapon achieve while I farm for the portal.

what i’ve been doing. Got all the weaponsmith, time to move on to huntsman

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Nope, protecting a mule

how you do that when event mods dont drop[ loot?

Knighthonor.4061

what class where you when it dropped?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

what class where you when it dropped?

My goodness. You are asking this question in multiple threads. Do you think there is a favored class that’s getting all the portals?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Knighthonor.4061

Mesmer and Thiefs so far.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Not seen a portal and only have seen two folk put out they got one and I have been in Silverwastes and Drytop a lot. (congrats to them!) I have brought in several alts and all of them have been getting less drops than usual in those areas. I went out to finish the daily and got a LOT more drops from Sparkfly and Orr. Went back to Silverwastes and drops were back down again from what I usually get. I must have offended the RNG gods this week, LOL. Since I am also going for mats in these areas it is a bit of a pita right now….

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Posted by: segfault.4923

segfault.4923

wife just got one off a husk… I however am not so lucky..

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My guildie who got it in DT was on an Elementalist. I’m on a Thief, and have not had a drop. You may have observer bias going

bleue.1890

Nope, protecting a mule

Because a steel chest dropped, only drop from the mob and inside was the portal. Also, I know it was an “event” mob due to the crossed swords over the enemies and the fact that the popped when the mule was moving.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9615

Latinkuro.9615

Another day, another bust !
Getting tired of coming out of it with [censored] to show for my effort.

Seems to me that this event is making a whole lot more people furious than it is making people happy. I know I am, and getting so sick of this [censored] I might quit playing till [censored] GW2: HoT finally comes out !

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nope, protecting a mule

They said in the game update notes that the mobs could drop portals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-28-2015/first#post5019886
Mordremoth is stirring, and the nearby areas of Dry Top and the Silverwastes are feeling the effect. All events and creature drops in this area now have a small chance to drop a Portal to the Heart of Maguuma item that will qualify the player’s account for an upcoming Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ closed beta test

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Nope, protecting a mule

The Dolyak event mobs do drop loot.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Got mine tonight. Did a map all the way up to start of VW then had to leave for dinner. Logged back in and did a run from 20%, actually remembered to pop an extractor and was running through the map after Lab to find the NPC to turn in a part. Killed some drakes on the way and there it was.

People who are farming and getting burnt out need to mix up their playing. Take a break and do other things you’d normally do. The RNG is going to be the same no matter what. Plus you still have like 5 days, including the weekend.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I spent an hour on first day, never saw anyone link it so assumed the drop rate was too low to bother. Yesterday I decided to get that endless skritt tonic and it took me over 2 hours, saw 2 guys link portals during that time and that looked like the drop rate got better.

Portal dropped after 15mins from event chest. Now I am afraid to tell my guildie who already accused me of being a secret dev after I got Dusk on the day he wanted to buy a pre to craft a legendary.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Tarak.4759

Tarak.4759

I got mine today with my warrior. It dropped from the bonus chest after we killed the colocal queen in Dry Top.

I saw two other people get a portal today in Dry Top as well. One got it from an Inquest mob, the other got it from the race event’s bonus chest.

These three drops happened over the course of about six hours.

(edited by Tarak.4759)

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

you are not allowed to call ANet stupid, they don’t like that and get really cross with you, however, I can’t think of another word to describe this fiasco … oh, I just did.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t see any difference in drop rates at all. So I’m no longer getting hyped about the possibility of getting one. Will continue playing as normal with no hopes of getting one.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

lordkrall.7241

Which is why I specifically wrote the running into walls part.
How do they decide who is AFK or not? The game kicks someone for inactivity if they do not move. But if they do move they appears as “online and active”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Got mine few mins ago, was during vw which failed but got it from the first boss kill, so i guess doesnt mean that vw has to succeed to get it. Didnt farm much, maybe couple hours today.

Finally a screenshot from someone to know for wich item to look out for (and not sell xD – though that doenst matter except from collection point of view). Thanks.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Syntharia.8067

Syntharia.8067

Got mine after around an hour of farming events and killing random mobs in SW. Not sure if mf helps but i had 705% with infusion and all consumables/stacks from events/vw.

For Ponei!

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I#ve mine portal now. was 6 hours farming (mostly chest runs and 1-2 hours events).
I’ve read that it will only drop from enemys or from events. So i start farming earth elementals in silverwastes and it dropped after 10 minutes :P
Heard from another guy that his dropped from a devourer.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

After about 12 hours of farming over 3 days, I finally rng’d my beta portal – it was defending a yellow bull run to amber from red, and dropped from the mob that spawns to attack the bull.

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

Lily.1935

Which is why I specifically wrote the running into walls part.
How do they decide who is AFK or not? The game kicks someone for inactivity if they do not move. But if they do move they appears as “online and active”.

Don’t be a kitten.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I tried 2 full Silverwastes cycles with something like 400 MF. Didn’t get it but I got some nice exotics and T6 mats…. it is probably better to just enjoy the game and not to expect that stone to drop. It is just a limited closed beta anyway…

Just a flesh wound.3589

^
For real. There will be others to try for and the first beta is bound to have a small number of people invited. I’m just going in there to get geodes for the ambrite weapons. If I get a portal, that’s cool. If not, I’ll see about the next beta when the number of invites should be higher.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m actually surprised that this was done considering the problems this game has with
RNG. I’d be surprised if anyone gets anything honestly.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

lordkrall.7241

I’m actually surprised that this was done considering the problems this game has with
RNG. I’d be surprised if anyone gets anything honestly.

Except for the fact that multiple people have gotten it you mean?

You also seems to ignore the fact that unless they guarantee access for everyone, every system to give access to a limited beta will be RNG.

Thus is your signature rather silly as well.
Signing up on a mailing list for beta access is RNG as well after all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Finally got mine after about 20 hours grind and 3k+ geodes from a random Skritt in Dry Top. Going to continue grinding this zone now till I finish the amberite wep collection, see you in beta!

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

6 hours in. I’ve only seen a single drop linked in chat. This RNG idiocy is almost cruel.

UPDATE: It just dropped for me! After 7 straight hours of nonstop farming. I don’t really farm, like, ever, just this time I really wanted to get into the beta, it seems my persistence paid off. I was doing all events and killing every mob on sight. It dropped from a skritt during an event in the Dry Top map. My magic find was 155% or so at the time of the drop.

UPDATE 2: My bother just got his portal 2 hours ago. I think we are set! I still think this RNG crap is madness.

bleue.1890

Feeling pretty bad. Just got my second portal drop today and it is pretty useless. There should be an option to “gift” it to another player in the map or something.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Feeling pretty bad. Just got my second portal drop today and it is pretty useless. There should be an option to “gift” it to another player in the map or something.

You shouldn’t feel bad, the second one is irrelevant, just sell it to an NPC for the 25 silver.

Getting the portal flags your account which in turn sends you the email.

You only need one portal to flag your account, any portal after that won’t do anything (might send another email).

People seem to think that there is a set amount of portals, well the way they’ve done it that can’t be the case.

It’s probably why they gave them a 25 silver value, so at least you get something out of your duplicates.

(edited by Azala Yar.7693)

Knighthonor.4061

No more portals?

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I got mine yesterday. I’m still wondering whether or not I should tell the absolute embarrassing story of what happened when I got it. But I got it.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

lordkrall.7241

No more portals?

One week after Tuesday is Tuesday, not Monday.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Finally got mine after about 20 hours grind and 3k+ geodes from a random Skritt in Dry Top. Going to continue grinding this zone now till I finish the amberite wep collection, see you in beta!

I heard if you grind Dry Top too much, the dry climate will turn you into a fossil too :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Have they stopped dropping now? Can anyone from Anet perhaps confirm?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s 3:30AM where they are. I don’t think they are reading the forums right now. They announced when it started but didn’t give a stop date. It’s reasonable to expect them to announce the stop date so that people can know to stop trying to get one.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

It’s 3:30AM where they are. I don’t think they are reading the forums right now. They announced when it started but didn’t give a stop date. It’s reasonable to expect them to announce the stop date so that people can know to stop trying to get one.

Yes, but I seem to remember reading that starting April 28th, beta portals would drop for a week… but now I cannot find that quote again.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season