4 Questions for Anet about Masteries and WvW

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Q:

Dear Anet,

I have heard/read/seen very little about whether there is any connection between Mastery Tracks/Points and WvW play and I have a few clarifying questions about it.

1. Will we be able to train any Mastery Tracks by playing WvW as a level 80?
For example: training the Legendary Precursor Crafting Mastery. It would be grossly negligent and hugely disappointing if this track was unaffected by WvW play.

2. Will we be able to earn any Master Points in WvW?
For example: would be rather odd if WvWers could train, say the Precursor Crafting masteries, but not earn mastery points to unlock them.

3. What Masteries will and won’t work in WvW?
For example: will Advanced Logistics from the Pact Commander track work? I heard a passing loose reference to it working in WvW during one of the twitch casts, but no real details. (Obviously the HoT masteries won’t work, as those are specific to the new content).

4. Will there be any WvW only Mastery tracks?
I don’t personally see the need for it, as we have the WxP ranks and abilities. But I figured I’d ask anyways because it could be really fun and rewarding.

I’m hoping you’ve planned for some Masteries — either now or in the future — to be earnable by playing WvW. Looking forward to more information on this topic.

Thanks!

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I have heard/read/seen very little about whether there is any connection between Mastery Tracks/Points and WvW play and I have a few clarifying questions about it.

That’s because masteries are a PvE thing.

For example: training the Legendary Precursor Crafting Mastery. It would be grossly negligent and hugely disappointing if this track was unaffected by WvW play.

Unknown at this time. However, I think it’s likely that it will be possible to train core tyria masteries in WvW.

For example: would be rather odd if WvWers could train, say the Precursor Crafting masteries, but not earn mastery points to unlock them.

Unknown, though considering masteries are a PvE thing I think it is unlikely.

For example: will Advanced Logistics from the Pact Commander track work? I heard a passing loose reference to it working in WvW during one of the twitch casts, but no real details. (Obviously the HoT masteries won’t work, as those are specific to the new content).

Advanced Logistics is literally the only one that could potentially work in WvW. Coincidentially it is also the only one Anet talked about in relation to WvW. I can’t remember what they said about it though.

I don’t personally see the need for it, as we have the WxP ranks and abilities. But I figured I’d ask anyways because it could be really fun and rewarding.

No. WvW has it’s own progression system which already sort-of functions like the mastery system. Besides, we already know exactly which masteries we will get (at the release of HoT anyway).

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Unknown at this time. However, I think it’s likely that it will be possible to train core tyria masteries in WvW.

Advanced Logistics is literally the only one that could potentially work in WvW. Coincidentially it is also the only one Anet talked about in relation to WvW. I can’t remember what they said about it though.

No. WvW has it’s own progression system which already sort-of functions like the mastery system. Besides, we already know exactly which masteries we will get (at the release of HoT anyway).

Since its in the mists Id say none of the masteries excluding fractals should work, but then you have to be able to train that one in spvp aswell since they all share the mists and i dubt that will be implemented

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Since its in the mists Id say none of the masteries excluding fractals should work, but then you have to be able to train that one in spvp aswell since they all share the mists and i dubt that will be implemented

It’s not about the lore, it’s about the mechanics. None of the masteries (including fractal masteries probably) could mechanically work in WvW except for Advanced Logistics.