4 Weeks left, still missing a lot of info!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We have 4 weeks until the launch of HoT! We were told there would be the following information revealed before launch:

1. Legendary weapon blog
2. Legendary weapon Twitch presentation
3. Guild Hall leveling Info
4. Druid presentation
5. BWE 3+4
6. Info on legendary armor
7. Info on raid rewards
8. Info on raids in general
9. Launch trailer (tomorrow!)
10. Specialization runes/sigils

We should be getting the druid presentation today and tomorrow, and I suspect a BWE next weekend, but how about the other info? Looks like it’s going to be a busy 4 weeks!

I’m personally most excited for the legendary weapon info, can’t wait to see what we get.

If I missed anything they told us they’d talk about before launch let me know and i’ll add it to the list.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I’ m kinda scared about having news on Druid.
You know I’ am a ranger since day 1…I can’ t survive to another hearth attack for my beloved ranger.
Cross fingers

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You know I’ am a ranger since day 1…I can’ t survive to another hearth attack for my beloved ranger.
Cross fingers

Druid will be a ballerina class, that kills foes with the tips of their pointy toes. Your pet will now account for 75% of your damage, and it’s randomized so you don’t get to choose it.

I heard this somewhere. I can’t remember where.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

1+2 – are on the same week, they’ve said it was planned, not its was confirmed. Also, they can do that after xpac, not a core reveal.
3 – Might appear in the following 4 weeks, or in this wekeend at twitchcon.
4 – Is happening today and tomorrow.
5 – There was never mentioned, nor planned a Bwe4. Just as core game, it was always predicted to have 3 BWE. Probably next week.
6 + 7 + 8 – all topics regarding the same thing. “If” it is going to happen (What I doubt, since its spoiler-ish), would happen on same week (Just like the guild halls week.
9 – as you said, happening tomorrow.

Not “A lot of info” Tbh. We basically have had all the possible reveals already. Expansion is ready.

Posted by: Lonewalker.4027

Lonewalker.4027

Some of this seems to be covered in the twitchcon event, or are the events about Raids and ledgenday journey just old news?
I don’t think we will get any information about Druids until the twitchcon event

Here is a preliminary schedule

Friday, September 25
Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
Musical Performance
“A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
PvP Discussion
WvW Discussion
Masteries
Skill Balance Preview
And more!

Saturday, September 26
Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Returning to Guild Wars 2
Making of the Launch Trailer
Legendary Journey
Story Missions
Intro to PvP
Heart of Thorns Maps
Community Showcase Live
Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
And more!

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/23/gw2-twitchcon-and-stornghold-beta-event/

ZudetGambeous.9573

Some of this seems to be covered in the twitchcon event, or are the events about Raids and ledgenday journey just old news?
I don’t think we will get any information about Druids until the twitchcon event

Here is a preliminary schedule

Friday, September 25
Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
Musical Performance
Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
PvP Discussion
WvW Discussion
Masteries
Skill Balance Preview
And more!

Saturday, September 26
Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Returning to Guild Wars 2
Making of the Launch Trailer
Legendary Journey
Story Missions
Intro to PvP
Heart of Thorns Maps
Community Showcase Live
Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
And more!

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/23/gw2-twitchcon-and-stornghold-beta-event/

I didn’t see the full schedule before. It looks like most of this list will be covered at twitchcon. Should be a good weekend… too bad i’m going to be gone on Saturday, I feel like I am going to miss out on some major market shifts.

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

You forgot to add specialization runes and sigils that we were told about.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

what? what specialization runes and sigils???

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You seem to think that they will go in details. From my understanding Collins seem to want us to experience most of that stuff directly in the xpac and want to spoil as little as possible. In that situation we could theorize that they didn’t announced everything they wanted to show us about

7. Info on raid rewards

For the remaining

1. Legendary weapon blog

They could show that at Twitchcon or just presenting us with 1 Legendary.

4. Druid presentation

That we already know it will be at twitchcon

5. BWE 3+4

There won’t be any BWE 4. They will probably announce the BWE 3 at twitchcon for the week end after. That way they still have 3 weeks to work based on the feedback.

I don’t think they will talk about that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

At this point its unrealistic to expect a 4th beta.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Especially since last month they announced that BWE 3 will be the last one.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t know why people keep thinking there will be four. Colin made a comment just before the second BWE that there were two more – one of which was BWE2. I’ll see if I can go find it on twitch.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My biggest concern is that launch is 4 weeks away and other than Raids (which I have no interest in), they’ve not yet given a single reason to actually buy this expansion at these price points since everything else in it is stuff that they have been giving us for free for the last 3 years.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You forgot to add specialization runes and sigils that we were told about.

Link? When did this come up?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Cross fingers

As someone that was a ranger on day 1….and then rerolled less than a year later, I have to say that you should keep your expectations low and at least remember that in a worst-case scenario, you can just keep playing the same ranger builds you run today. If that’s good enough for you now, well…hopefully that’s some comfort at least. =P

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

They have released so much information on what is in HoT already that I and my other half both have bought the Ultimate version of it. Some keep saying that they have not told us anything about what would be in it but there is enough being said for us. Honestly I do NOT want a play by play, step by step guide before it’s released. I am still finding things to see and do that I had no idea was there, even after 3 yrs of playing almost every day. I want to discover new things in HoT, not be told everything before.

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

My biggest concern is that launch is 4 weeks away and other than Raids (which I have no interest in), they’ve not yet given a single reason to actually buy this expansion at these price points since everything else in it is stuff that they have been giving us for free for the last 3 years.

You won’t be getting most of it for free anymore.

mtpelion.4562

Everyone is getting on that pharmaceutical company CEO for jacking up the price of that drug, but ArenaNet is effectively doing the same thing (arbitrarily adding a price onto content that was previously free) and gets lauded.

I preferred the free content every few weeks versus the antique model of expensive content every 1-2 years and cannot conceive of a legitimate reason why anyone would prefer the latter.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

When have they given out new profession for free?

When have they added weapons to professions that redefine them?

When have they added a feature as big as guild halls for free?

That’s all without even considering the fact that the new map will probably be so much more content than the new maps that’ve been introduced in the LW.

It’s fine if that stuff doesn’t entice you but it’s not fair to say we’ve been given it all for free before…

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

You will get content for free that is introduced after HoT, if you own HoT that is. You paid for the core game plus its updates and now you’re paying for HoT and its updates.

DresdenAllblack.1249

mtpelion.4562:
^
Then do not buy. I find it amazing that people scoff at $60. That is four movies, four movies lasts 8 hours. Even at its absolute worst this expac will get you 50+ hours of gameplay.

A steal when you think about it.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

Let’s not compare a 5000% price increase on a life saving medicine to a MMO expansion ok? It’s pretty disrespectful.

DresdenAllblack.1249

mtpelion.4562:
Everyone is getting on that pharmaceutical company CEO for jacking up the price of that drug, but ArenaNet is effectively doing the same thing (arbitrarily adding a price onto content that was previously free) and gets lauded.
I preferred the free content every few weeks versus the antique model of expensive content every 1-2 years and cannot conceive of a legitimate reason why anyone would prefer the latter.

We are not lauding them, just using common sense. A video game on any system currently sells for $60. They are asking market value.

Some of us did not prefer LS, because now looking back all LS did was delay HoT a year or two.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

For me, there is still a point of clarification missing that I would really love to see a developer address.

A lot of energy seems to have gone into revamping the guild mission system, and it looks amazing. However, they have yet to confirm if there will be NEW guild missions coming with Heart of Thorns. A new system with the same guild missions weve been doing for 2 years seems unlikely, but a single word of assurance/comfirmation would go a long way.

It may seem like a really small thing, but it is one of the things I am most interested in knowing at this point.

(have the same question about fractals, but to a lesser level of interest)

Diovid.9506

Some of us did not prefer LS, because now looking back all LS did was delay HoT a year or two.

What? How do you figure? Expansions weren’t even on the table while they were working on season 1. When the living story did not work out as Anet wanted, they started considering an expansion. HoT was beginning development when Anet wanted to begin its development and not sooner (which, rumors say, was after the launch of the Chinese release).

DresdenAllblack.1249

Well I think they have sat on a lot of details, because they’re trying to keep excitement ramped up. As is, the only class still chomping at the bit for the expac is Ranger because they kept it under wraps.
Once the curtain is pulled a percentage of the people, no matter how good the performance will shrug their shoulders and move to the next show.

Crystal Desert

DresdenAllblack.1249

Either way, LS will always be a content band-aid when they should be working on others things.
Let’s start with a list:

Would you rather see three new dungeons or Caithe break an egg?
Would you prefer there would be more than one raid, or find out if Eir is/isn’t mush?
Watch Scarlet destroy LA(again) or have them add a new PvP map every two months?
Feel grief for Marjory or…nevermind, you get the point.

While fun, I still think LS is just a tonic that we drink up while more important parts of the game get delayed.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Do you seriously think that they have completed the whole expansion between the end of Season 2 and October 23rd?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

It’s not likely that we will have all of the aforementioned items on launch day. I’m okay with getting it over time as long as I have enough content ahead of me until then.

Diovid.9506

Would you prefer there would be more than one raid, or find out if Eir is/isn’t mush?
Watch Scarlet destroy LA(again) or have them add a new PvP map every two months?

Implying those things take the same amount of resources and are created by the same developers which is doubtful.

coso.9173

I like LS. I prefer to have an interesting story to follow than a dungeon to grind endlessly.

mtpelion.4562

Again, it astonishes me that people are willing to pay $60 for things we have been getting for free.

Absolutely astonishing.

You are getting nothing that we weren’t getting before other than a handful of additions that are smaller than the updates we’ve gotten previously (again, for free).

This is a backwards step in terms of gaming progress, but I can see why they are doing it since so many players are more than willing to immediately rationalize dropping this money for nothing.

There is a relevant PT Barnum quote for this whole subforum…

coso.9173

haven’t you thought that maybe many of us are HAPPY to give money to anet for what we think is a great game that we have been able to enjoy for years without requiring payement?

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

They rather for the players to discover allot of stuff then spoil it for us in blogs post etc.!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

The LS is how they were going to do it all. Then quite a few started complaining that the LS was not enough and they wanted a normal, regular expansion. They decided to do a combo, LS and expansions. LS to advance story steps and expansions to do large chunks at once.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

When have they added a feature as big as guild halls for free?

GW1. Guild Halls among more things for guilds to do were promised a long time ago and for years were in “coming soon!” status. Then they decided to just put it behind a paywall.

Either way, LS will always be a content band-aid when they should be working on others things.
Let’s start with a list:

While fun, I still think LS is just a tonic that we drink up while more important parts of the game get delayed.

where did they mention any new dungeons? Also with living story you got more than 3 new dungeons. The problem was that it was all temporary and later on turned into short fractals.
Where did they mention that they’ll add a new PvP map every 2 months, especially when their excuse for not adding PvP maps is because they’re too hard to balance for eSports?
Where did they say that there will ever be more than one raid, especially when the current raid won’t be in the expansion, but rather in the “coming soon!” category after the expansion’s release?

haven’t you thought that maybe many of us are HAPPY to give money to anet for what we think is a great game that we have been able to enjoy for years without requiring payement?

you shouldn’t donate them money for what we already have, because there’s gem purchases for that. You should be paying if you think what is being offered in the expansion is worth it.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

We have 4 weeks until the launch of HoT! We were told there would be the following information revealed before launch:

1. Legendary weapon blog
4. Druid presentation
5. BWE 3+4
7. Info on raid rewards

We should be getting the druid presentation today and tomorrow, and I suspect a BWE next weekend, but how about the other info? Looks like it’s going to be a busy 4 weeks!

I’m personally most excited for the legendary weapon info, can’t wait to see what we get.

If I missed anything they told us they’d talk about before launch let me know and i’ll add it to the list.

1. This information is being purposefully withheld to prevent markets from skyrocketing before the release. In other words, the markets will skyrocket during release.

2. If you mean by how they look, ok. If you mean how the mastery will work, see 1.

3. Same as one, because they are gonna needs mats to progress.

4. Druid is happening at Twitch

5. Most likely only getting one more beta weekend, either next week or the following, thats it.

6. So far, gonna operate as current legendary weapons. Most likely available by raids first. Maybe other areas later.

7. Probably will learn about when raids are closer to release. Since they will not be there right away with HoT release.

8. See 7.

10. Discover on own most likely

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Again, it astonishes me that people are willing to pay $60 for things we have been getting for free.

Absolutely astonishing.

You are getting nothing that we weren’t getting before other than a handful of additions that are smaller than the updates we’ve gotten previously (again, for free).

This is a backwards step in terms of gaming progress, but I can see why they are doing it since so many players are more than willing to immediately rationalize dropping this money for nothing.

A long long time ago before expansion where announced there where people complaining that they needed an expansion becouse an expansion would have new classes, new races, new maps, new skills, new features, new PvP, new WvW, new dungeons/raids and well now they got what they wanted (except a new race). I myself would have happely accepted to continue with the LW style becouse I beleave that all this is possible in that way but on the other hand I do enjoy GW2 so much and I like what they are doing so I didn’t mind to pay a little money to support Anet. Every other game charges money for expansion, this is the first expansion in 3 years for GW2 and you think it is wrong for them to ask for a little money from us for an expansion? Well it is your opinion so I won’t argue about that but please you must accept that an Expansion is what alot of players where asking for.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Absolutely astonishing.

What is astonishing is that you think everything was free !!

It was never free, basically everything what has been implemented since game release was included in the price of the core game.
It goes the same as navigation system. You pay for the system and are granted free updates for a period of time (most of the time 2 years). If you want updates afterwards you have to pay either for a new system or for access to the database.

It’s not because you didn’t pay for three years that thins were free though I think the marketing was good because you believed it. If you buy HoT you are paying for the exclusive content of the expansion as well as for what will be implemented until next expac.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Absolutely astonishing.

It was never free, basically everything what has been implemented since game release was included in the price of the core game.
It goes the same as navigation system. You pay for the system and are granted free updates for a period of time (most of the time 2 years). If you want updates afterwards you have to pay either for a new system or for access to the database.

It’s not because you didn’t pay for three years that thins were free though I think the marketing was good because you believed it. If you buy HoT you are paying for the exclusive content of the expansion as well as for what will be implemented until next expac.

Then they probably should call HoT what it is. A season pass.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Cross fingers

why? if its good use it ,if its not dont use it

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Absolutely astonishing.

Anything you get without paying for it is free, by definition, even if you’ve prepaid for it, unless you knew up front you were prepaying for it.

For exaxmple, when I bought this game the concept of the Living World meant dynamic events and NPCs that existed in the world whether you were there or not. Fractals and the Living World never even entered my mind. I got them for free, because though I paid for the game, I didn’t actually pay for them.

Anyway, the cash shop paid for that development not my purchase of the game. Saying it’s all boxed sales is a bit naive.

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Anything you get without paying for it is free, by definition, even if you’ve prepaid for it, unless you knew up front you were prepaying for it.

For exaxmple, when I bought this game the concept of the Living World meant dynamic events and NPCs that existed in the world whether you were there or not. Fractals and the Living World never even entered my mind. I got them for free, because though I paid for the game, I didn’t actually pay for them.

Anyway, the cash shop paid for that development not my purchase of the game. Saying it’s all boxed sales is a bit naive.

Nobody will ever confirm or dismiss your statement. I do think season 1 and more (maybe not all season 2) was part of the business plan coming with boxed sales because it was impossible to foresee how well or bad would the BLTC work. THis is the kind of things you plan years in advance and with gems they only had hopes and speculation… they needed something solid as backup.
My feeling is that if BLTC would be enough to be sure to pay all development for the years to come there wouldn’t be any need of boxed expansion.

But again this is a matter of feeling, there is one truth but I don’t think we will ever know it because business strategy is to not communicate on these things.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I hope the guild information comes soon. As leader of a small guild, I need to know whether and how much influence I should be spending on unlocks (some of which take a week to complete) and how much to hold back. If they give us this information at the last second, it will be too late for me to do anything with it.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I hope the guild information comes soon. As leader of a small guild, I need to know whether and how much influence I should be spending on unlocks (some of which take a week to complete) and how much to hold back. If they give us this information at the last second, it will be too late for me to do anything with it.

There is a lot of info. on the HoT guild halls page: http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/guildhalls/

I recommend reading: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/ for upcoming changes to guild currencies. Namely, influence is going bye-bye. You can either make sure you get your unlocks now for guild hall prizes when HoT releases or save your influence to speed crafting of the new guild hall stuff.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

There is a lot of info. on the HoT guild halls page: http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/guildhalls/

I recommend reading: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/ for upcoming changes to guild currencies. Namely, influence is going bye-bye. You can either make sure you get your unlocks now for guild hall prizes when HoT releases or save your influence to speed crafting of the new guild hall stuff.

I have read those long since. Yes, I know I have a choice. I can get unlocks now … but some unlocks “won’t be making the transition” according to those sources, so it would be self-defeating to spend influence on them at this point. Yes, I will be able to save influence to speed crafting of new guild hall stuff (which is not exactly the same thing as our influence going “bye-bye” and vanishing into thin air). How much should we save and how much should we spend now on unlocks that we may or may not find preferable to the new stuff? What will the new stuff cost and do we have enough influence to make a dent in those costs vs. spending it now on unlocks that may or may not transition?

Your sources do not give me enough information to make these decisions rationally. While they give certain examples of what will transition, what will be lost, and what will be changed to a greater or lesser extent, the information is still somewhat vague. What I’m asking for is enough information to make plans, given to us with enough time to actually implement those plans.

ZudetGambeous.9573

1. Legendary weapon blog
4. Druid presentation
5. BWE 3+4
7. Info on raid rewards

Well we got info on 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. Pretty good! And they told us we’d be getting 1/6 before HoT launch.

Should be an exciting 3 weeks. Plus with raids this weekend we will have all the info on raids we could ever want.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

#1: How much will elites cost to unlock traits, skills and skins? This is especially relevant to those of us who only have a few dozen HP per character and a LOT of characters. That is my only concern right now.

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

I may have missed it somewhere but will the new legendary weapons be more powerful than the current ones or are the 3 new ones just new skins with the same stats? It seems kind of ridiculous that it would be the same because those of us who already have them only have the new armor to work towards.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I may have missed it somewhere but will the new legendary weapons be more powerful than the current ones or are the 3 new ones just new skins with the same stats? It seems kind of ridiculous that it would be the same because those of us who already have them only have the new armor to work towards.

They will not be more powerful. There will never be anything that is more powerful than the current Legendaries.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square