$50 nor "inequity" is the issue for me

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Giobonello.2530

Giobonello.2530

What disappoints me is the 1st major expac does not yet seem “meaty”. I would pay $100 if they gave us more dungeons and legitimate raids that allowed at least 10 players in one instance. The guild halls thing looks very promising, but there doesn’t seem like there will be anything else real substantial, content wise.

I am used to WoW expacs, while not all fantastic, they all do provide tremendous amount of content ~ every 2 years.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

There hasn’t been anything revealed in this category so you can’t evaluate it yet.

That’s the reason why I find this part of the kitten storm totally stewpied.

Pre purchase is for people who trust the company and who like to support them in the early stage.
If you want to wait for more content to be revealed it’s fine as well. As we know, it’s usually the better option.

But don’t judge it before you even know what’s coming.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

http://massively.joystiq.com/2015/01/25/pax-south-2015-o-brien-and-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-s-heart-of/

O’Brien offered a similar thought when asked if players could expect future expansions following Heart of Thorns. “This expansion is about laying the groundwork,” he says. “We are building Guild Wars 2 to be the game that we want to be evolving over the long-term.”

I don’t know much about ground work, but I’m pretty sure you don’t spend 2 years building your house before starting it.

They’ve pretty much said this expansion is going to be on the lean side. Which may not be a very clever move because a lot of people are going to look at this first expansion and most likely think “is this it?”. For $50. Would you expect those people to return for the next expansion? (If they even think this one is worth buying in the first place).

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

There hasn’t been anything revealed in this category so you can’t evaluate it yet.

That’s the reason why I find this part of the kitten storm totally stewpied.

Pre purchase is for people who trust the company and who like to support them in the early stage.
If you want to wait for more content to be revealed it’s fine as well. As we know, it’s usually the better option.

But don’t judge it before you even know what’s coming.

It’s been stated that all core features have been announced.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I don’t know much about ground work, but I’m pretty sure you don’t spend 2 years building your house before starting it.

They’ve pretty much said this expansion is going to be on the lean side. Which may not be a very clever move because a lot of people are going to look at this first expansion and most likely think “is this it?”. For $50. Would you expect those people to return for the next expansion? (If they even think this one is worth buying in the first place).

Yeah man. It’s annoying the Fan Knights mantra is “wait & see” when they said they’ve released all major features & have repeatedly tried to “manage expectations” on the size of the added maps & pretend it’s “feature heavy” even though most of the features are rearranging existing traits so they can more easily sell us new ones & progression through arbitrary gating.
Yes, we don’t know everything about the expansion, but we know enough to say it’s kinda small.