500 Cooking = Consets?

500 Cooking = Consets?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

So I have been thinking lately how with the recent Tweet from ANet which more or less suggests that we will be getting 500 cooking with HoT, will this “ascended” cooking give us something similar to consumable sets (consets) from GW1?

For those of you who aren’t familiar with GW1 stuffs, here’s a link to the Guild Wars wiki that talks about consets in detail http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Consumable_set

So could “ascended” food give buffs party wide? Could this be a useful thing for raids?

I don’t know, just got me thinking.

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Interesting. I thought maybe food items that stack really high, or don’t run out at all. I’m still holding out for fishing too :-D

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

I’ve been thinking about this, perhaps food with agony resistance since they’re bumping the difficulty level on fractals (might help with newer players that need agony resistance as well)
I believe some mordrem slaying recipes (recipes which help fight mordrem mobs) might be 500.
It will probably put Seymour out of business though. They might also do something like mawdrey where you needed food to complete the back piece

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

So could “ascended” food give buffs party wide? Could this be a useful thing for raids?

Unlikely.

It’s more probable that 500 cooking will be used for the new precursor/Legendary crafting or other non-consumable purpose.

Higher level food is just basic power creep and we already have feast items.
Creating party food will be hard to pull off because either they use less ingredients than 5x of the original food and impact the ingredient prices or they use the same or more and people don’t bother with them.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Which tweet are you referring to? I don’t recall one that talks about lv 500 cooking. Did I miss it?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

oh no please no more of consets ^^
gw2 don’t need to repeat mistakes of gw1 :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

New recipies can give existing stat combinations with longer duration (similar to what they did with the Dry Top recipies), +15% experience instead of the usual +10%, +karma etc. There’s a variety of ways to make new recipies upgrades to existing ones while totally avoiding power creep. Personally, I’d love some more longer-lasting food stuff.

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

So I have been thinking lately how with the recent Tweet from ANet which more or less suggests that we will be getting 500 cooking with HoT, will this “ascended” cooking give us something similar to consumable sets (consets) from GW1?

For those of you who aren’t familiar with GW1 stuffs, here’s a link to the Guild Wars wiki that talks about consets in detail http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Consumable_set

I don’t know, just got me thinking.

If you read the Gamespot Article about the Voice Acting, the Tweet was referring to a cooking Show with a GW2 Theme at Twitchcon, not necessary about Cooking 500.

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Just saying, but there are already some hundert items to cook at level 400 which are used for the whole party/server. Don’t really understand why that should be a level500 feature.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Maybe 500 cooking could roll in to a whole new system in stead? Pet food? Craftable +XP items that work like scrolls/tomes? The ability to craft a deployable food vendor? A selection of crafted-only dye kits? Craftable luck?

I would have said something like trays, but considering trays are already in the game I’m at a loss for how food could be “better” in stead of “different” considering how but the mechanics are built around avoiding power creep.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

considering you can make trays of food that anyone can cook from, I don’t think they would make food that gave party-wide buffs.

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Unlikely.

It’s more probable that 500 cooking will be used for the new precursor/Legendary crafting or other non-consumable purpose.

Creating party food will be hard to pull off because either they use less ingredients than 5x of the original food and impact the ingredient prices or they use the same or more and people don’t bother with them.

Prime examples being the Sharpening Stone Station, Maintenance Oil Station and Tuning Crystal Station that nobody bothers with due to the ridiculous material requirements.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So I have been thinking lately how with the recent Tweet from ANet which more or less suggests that we will be getting 500 cooking with HoT,

Could you link the tweet? I’ve brought up the ANet Twitter page and seen nothing about cooking.

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

They could give a Lv 500 chef a small chance to get back an ingredient used in a recipe (similar to how building siege in WvW sometimes gives back some of the supply used). They could also make it so that chefs could double or triple a recipe to double or triple the duration of the food buff.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

if they just add a “+-10% vs all” potion, which is priced around a silver a lot of ppl would be happy

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Level 500 Cooking should be called, “Cuisine” and all the stuff you make should be exceedingly fancy. You’d be required to wear thick-rimmed glasses whilst eating it and it would all be artisanal and you’d tell everybody how much you’d been enjoying it even before they knew about it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

500 Cooking = Consets?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Can we get bottles of Elonian wine to go with it?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.